Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=207041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - msibbald - 2014-11-11

(2014-11-11, 04:49)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 04:28)msibbald Wrote: Strange. Yes the time and date are correctly set in Windows10. I am AST which is UTC-4:00
I don't see a setting for TZ in XBMC Setting-Appearance-International. Just Language and Region. My Settings level is Expert

Only thing I can say about the cookie file is that I deleted it about 15-20mins before I took this log. I was tried removing the cookie as was suggested in another post.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can you go to the games_live.py file and change line 90.
To: login()

And see if that makes a differnce.

Sorry I dropped offline last night. I can be online for debugging during tonight's games if you are around.

Something weird though...
When I open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py line 90 does not have the code you mention above. In fact checkLogin() wasn't in the file at all.

Here are the contents of my games_live.py
http://pastebin.com/wzAmsui4

Thanks again for the support.

(2014-11-11, 14:09)msibbald Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 04:28)msibbald Wrote: Strange. Yes the time and date are correctly set in Windows10. I am AST which is UTC-4:00
I don't see a setting for TZ in XBMC Setting-Appearance-International. Just Language and Region. My Settings level is Expert

Only thing I can say about the cookie file is that I deleted it about 15-20mins before I took this log. I was tried removing the cookie as was suggested in another post.

Sorry I dropped offline last night. I can be online for debugging during tonight's games if you are around.

Something weird though...
When I open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py line 90 does not have the code you mention above. In fact checkLogin() wasn't in the file at all.

Here are the contents of my games_live.py
http://pastebin.com/wzAmsui4

Thanks again for the support.

I found line 90 checkLogin() in userinterface.py. I assume that is what you meant. I made the change and will test it tonight.

Tx

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - msibbald - 2014-11-12

I changed checkLogin() to login() and... tonight the first game in the list works for the Home feed! All other feeds exhibit the failed behaviour.
To be honest I don't know if in previous attempts the first game home feed worked. But I check every single feed tonight and that is for sure the only one that works.

Here are the updated logs
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=348196

M

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - NYR94 - 2014-11-13

Buffering is getting so bad its not watchable on my MX3 TV box . I used to be able to watch the last game of the finals last year in 5000K with no problems but now it constantly buffers. Even at 1600K it buffers. Everything else on the MX3 plays perfect (Mashup HD movies, etc).

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - micahg - 2014-11-13

Its really not the the plugins fault. Complain to the NHL.

(2014-11-13, 07:12)micahg Wrote: Its really not the the plugins fault. Complain to the NHL.

Can you explain why it doesn't buffer no way near the amount of times with my Roku or Apple TV ? Same NHL stream...

Roku switches between bitrates. Xbmc does not

While watching the Ranger game last night on the roku, it did drop rates once in a while but it did stay at the highest at 60 frames for a long time.
With xbmc it seems to buffer right away, like 15-20 seconds into the game, then takes a long time to reach 100% as if I had a slow internet connection (speed test on xbmc are 20 down / 2 up). I even re-flashed the firmware on the MX3 and only installed the NHL addon but it still does it.

Idk then. Here in Australia I haven't seen problems....

My roku is in Canada. Does anyone feel like tcpdumping a roku stream for me?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - thermo - 2014-11-13

I have been having the same buffering issues. Tried various QOS/Router things, pegged the CPU on my android box, turned off all the background services, changed cache settings etc.

Gamecenter on my Pivos XS (Android) will play just fine for 30 minutes sometimes - then it goes haywire buffering constantly.

Sometimes a reboot will solve the issue for a little while. I thought it was the network stream as well - but then I did this last week.

Started on the Pivos - buffering started - switched to PC running windows and used the gamecenter website in my broswer - watched for an hour - no buffering and stream had full bars the whole time. (says 4500 kbps for some reason.). Then I switched to the gamecenter plugin on my PC using XBMC 13.2 and it buffered like mad again - same as on my Pivos box. Switched back to my PC / Windows / Browser - no buffering. Back to Pivos box - buffering - Calgary went up 3 goals on the Habs and I went to bed Smile

That leads me to believe it's something related to XBMC - not my boxes or network connection.

Just spit balling but could it be the 60 fps framerate decoding? My TV only shows 720p as well.

I wish there was a way to isolate the cause of the bottle neck oon a display or something.

Also wish the Android App would give higher stream rates so I could use that.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - ellisd - 2014-11-13

Sorry haven't been around too much. It's hard to say where the bottleneck lives. But I use XBMC on a RPI B version. No buffers ever, but I don't watch games every night (I also have season tickets to the Flames so I go to a bunch instead of watch). I'll try to check on the plugin more often in the future.

With the promotion of Rogers giving away GCL to their customers, I suspect the NHL/Rogers did not add enough capacity to handle the additional load.

Do you buffer with lower bitrate streams with the XBMC?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - thermo - 2014-11-13

Yes - I lowered from 5000 to 3000 on the Pivos box - still got buffering. Will try changing a few more things and keep on testing.

p.s. That was a strong win by your team last week - I think it helped push my Habs into the personnel changes they made this week Smile

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - sdsnyr94 - 2014-11-13

(2014-11-13, 07:09)NYR94 Wrote: Buffering is getting so bad its not watchable on my MX3 TV box . I used to be able to watch the last game of the finals last year in 5000K with no problems but now it constantly buffers. Even at 1600K it buffers. Everything else on the MX3 plays perfect (Mashup HD movies, etc).

You stated previously that while other devices buffered, your Apple TV did not. Are you still seeing the same thing?

ellisd/eracknaphobia - Does the UserAgent affect what stream is available? I know that there are different UserAgents for different devices, but are the streams they pull slightly different? If so, could you just be using a UserAgent from a very popular device?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - eracknaphobia - 2014-11-13

(2014-11-13, 21:58)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 07:09)NYR94 Wrote: Buffering is getting so bad its not watchable on my MX3 TV box . I used to be able to watch the last game of the finals last year in 5000K with no problems but now it constantly buffers. Even at 1600K it buffers. Everything else on the MX3 plays perfect (Mashup HD movies, etc).

You stated previously that while other devices buffered, your Apple TV did not. Are you still seeing the same thing?

ellisd/eracknaphobia - Does the UserAgent affect what stream is available? I know that there are different UserAgents for different devices, but are the streams they pull slightly different? If so, could you just be using a UserAgent from a very popular device?

The default is set to a PS3 user-agent. You can change the user-agent under settings, to see if it makes a difference.

I personally haven't seen major issues with streams lately. Some buffering here and there but nothing that made them unwatchable. At least on Win 7 pc's and Fire TV's.

EDIT: I just realized, carb0 must have hid the setting in his last release. If you go into the plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter > resources > settings.xml file change the line

Code:
<setting id="useragent" type="text" label="30150" default="PS3Application libhttp/4.5.5-000 (CellOS)" visible="false"/>
TO
Code:
<setting id="useragent" type="text" label="30150" default="PS3Application libhttp/4.5.5-000 (CellOS)" visible="true"/>

You'll now be able to change the user-agent on the fly via the settings in xbmc. Just make sure you change it at the main menu, so it try's to get the live stream with the newly changed user-agent. FYI, it might cause errors if it doesn't like the user-agent.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin - sdsnyr94 - 2014-11-13

(2014-11-13, 22:27)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 21:58)sdsnyr94 Wrote:

The default is set to a PS3 user-agent. You can change the user-agent under settings, to see if it makes a difference.

I personally haven't seen major issues with streams lately. Some buffering here and there but nothing that made them unwatchable. At least on Win 7 pc's and Fire TV's.

EDIT: I just realized, carb0 must have hid the setting in his last release. If you go into the plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter > resources > settings.xml file change the line

Code:
<setting id="useragent" type="text" label="30150" default="PS3Application libhttp/4.5.5-000 (CellOS)" visible="false"/>
TO
Code:
<setting id="useragent" type="text" label="30150" default="PS3Application libhttp/4.5.5-000 (CellOS)" visible="true"/>

and you'll be able to change it on the fly via the settings in xbmc. Just make sure you change it at the main menu, so it try's to get the live stream with the newly changed user-agent. FYI, it might cause errors if it doesn't like the user-agent.

And that is why I question this... all I've heard from some people is that NHLGC on PS3 is horrible. How can I get the proper context for a UserAgent.. I would love to test the Apple TV one and see if it makes a difference based on NYR94's experiences.