Kodi Community Forum
Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? (/showthread.php?tid=216766)

Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - shinedou - 2015-01-30

I am working on a mod for MQ5 using its ability to have multiple menu bar presets. I have changed the selection behavior so that the different menus can be selected from the menu bar and not a context menu amd dialog box.

MQ5 uses ReplaceWindow(home) to load a new home with a different menu bar. It is working well but it still remembers the last home menu item position. The only way I can get it to use the default position and not the last used position is to use ReloadSkin().

Is there a way to Clear home.xml from memory without using ReloadSkin() so that the skin thinks it is loading home.xml from a fresh Kodi start up thus positioning the correct menu item in the center.

I am a newby when it comes to working with skins so bare with me if this doesn't make any sense.

Thanks.

RE: Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - Hitcher - 2015-01-31

PHP Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">ID</defaultcontrol

RE: Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - shinedou - 2015-01-31

If the above isn't possible is there a way to force home to always show a Particular menu bar item (e.g. movies) in focus? I understand focusposition assigns which position on the menu bar is focused but I would like a way to force a particular item to always be in that focused position. I tried Control.Move but that doesn't do what I need because it offsets off of the last view so it is unpredictible.

I have also tried ReplaceWindowAndFocus but that doesn't work at all for me.

(2015-01-31, 00:28)Hitcher Wrote:
PHP Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">ID</defaultcontrol

Ok right now home.xml has <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol> which forces control to the menu bar. The menu bar has focuspostion set at 1 so the middle item is focused. How do I get "movies" for example to always show in focuspostion 1?

RE: Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - Hitcher - 2015-01-31

Movies would have to be the second item.

RE: Clear home.xml from memory without ReloadSkin()? - MassIV - 2015-01-31

Items are relative, not absolute in their numbering. You hide or add in the beginning or middle then things will change position.

Thanks for the replies folks. I really appreciate it.

Say I scroll to the settings item on the main menubar which is a wraplist and click the settings item. When I back out and return to home the main menu keeps the settings item in focus. How can I force the menu bar to return to movies as the focus instead of settings?

When I start Kodi the correct menu item (movies) is focused but from that point it always remembers the last focused item. I am trying to elimimate this behavior. I am tested some condition statements with Container(id).HasFocus(item_number) and control.move right now to see if I can move the focus back to movies when reentering home.xml.

It looks like I should be able to do it but because the items in MQ5's Menubar do not have id's I am not able to determine what item hasfocus using Container(id).HasFocus(item_number).

When using Container(id).HasFocus(item_number) what does (item_number) refer to exactly?

I am sure I am not explaining what I am trying to do very well. Maybe me choosing MQ5 as a starting point for learning some skinning was a bad idea because it seems his skinning methods don't matchup well with some of the wiki and manual.