Kodi Community Forum
Using video add-ons through a web interface? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: Using video add-ons through a web interface? (/showthread.php?tid=219749)

Pages: 1 2

Using video add-ons through a web interface? - cH053n - 2015-02-27

I'd like to use the web interface to access the media server to play and view all content.

Currently trying to get video addons to work through the web interface. It shows addons directories but does not play the actual file.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - cH053n - 2015-02-27

Double post, sorry

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - tuxfuxch - 2015-02-27

Hi cH053n,

could you link to the other post? would be nice, since i am interested in this topic as well, and for reference of future visitors of this thread.

Would be really nice.

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - cH053n - 2015-02-27

That's not what I meant. I accidentally replied to this thread.

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - Colossuss - 2015-04-01

I'd also like to know if there's any addon's to show the content of the addons.

I'm using Ororo TV to stream, it would be great if I could see the content within the addon from the web interface, much like Yatse on Android allows you to (I imagine if Yatse can do it then the relevent JSON feeds should be there to do this?)

Edit: Just checked out Chorus (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183451), looks like that is already set up to pull info from within an addon, but only shows 1 addon. Will see if there's any fixable errors to resolve this or if I can use the code to make my own web interface (would probably take a month or so)

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - tuxfuxch - 2015-04-04

Hi Colossus,

oh man thanks! I checked it out, and i did not know it's possible! Great! I am working on a solution for my webinterface yarc. It's already usable for some addons, but unfotunatelly not all seems to behave the same way, so i need to find some solutions. mybe in some day i worked out something good enough to release.

for dev's: "Files.GetDirectory" with "plugin://' + AddonID + '/" is your friend.

if you can't wait, pm me and i can give you a beta.

edit: i installed Ororo and tried. seems to work pretty well with my solution. i just startet something and it worked. uninstalled it again. even search works, but you need to type quickly, otherwise it loads everything. most of searches do not work yet with my solution (but i hope it will, just did not find a way to solve the problems)

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - Colossuss - 2015-04-04

Hi Tuxfuxch. I checked out yarc and it looks really good! Is the addon's navigation a new thing you've been working on? I can't seem to PM you, but I'd love to give it a try if you don't mind! Might be able to help out as well if you give me an idea of what hasn't been working (I havn't touched anything to do with Kodi yet, but I'm a web developer so assuming I should be able to pick it up)

Edit: Quick thought, would be awesome if you could make a development branch on your github that I could fork? If you don't mind of cause! Smile

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - Mizaki - 2015-04-04

If you use AWXi you go through the "Files" menu. It's up to the addon to present the options as folder/files.

Hi Colossus,

first of all, i have no idea yet how to do the stuff with the branches. i have to read into it this evenging. depends on how good my soup is which i am making(if not i have to cook again Wink ). i will let you know when it's done. tomorrow it's family time, so if not today, then earliest monday.

i am not at all a web dev. this project should get me a bit into the stuff. i am sure, for you the code is a big mess. also the coments espessialy in this new section is not good (yet). any hints are welcome. just now, most things works more or less great. some apps don't behave like they should, but that's often because of how the addon works (in one case i asked the dev's and they admited, it's how they do stuff, and this will not change).

@Mizaki, thanks for the hint, i will also check how AWXi does it.

@Mizaki, Could you explain this
>It's up to the addon to present the options as folder/files.

a bit more? i realiesed, that in chorus and also AWXi (as i saw now) only show 2 of my plugins. In my solution, a lot workes quite good and show up("One Pot Chef" or "Youtube Plugin" for example)

I am fetching with "Addons.GetAddons" (and some parameters like "type" : "xbmc.python.pluginsource") and then i start them with:
[...]Files.GetDirectory","id":1,"params":["plugin://' + addonID + '"[...]

am i not supposed to do that?

No rush at all! If it's easier to Pm me a download link then that would still be awesome.

Like I said I havnt dived into seeing how the api works, where did you get started if you don't mind me asking?

ok you can get it here:
[deleted, sorry, but was not my webspace, so i removed it, bevore the owner was bothered by it]

it might not install with the zip install function, so you have to place it then by yourselfe here:
"xbmc-root"/addons/webinterface.yarc/
good luck!

You want to develop yourselfe?
These 2 helped a lot. the first in the beginning, the second, you will use a lot...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=157996
http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6

this one i use to send:

Code:
    //function to send json request to kodi
    sendJsonRPC: function(name, data, success, async){
            jQuery.ajax({
                headers: {
                    'Accept': 'application/json',
                    'Content-Type': 'application/json'
                },
                type: "POST",
                async: async,
                'url': '/jsonrpc?' + name,
                'data': data,
                'dataType': 'json',
                'success': success
            });    
    }
i call the above one this (in this example toggle mute):

Code:
                yCore.sendJsonRPC(
                        'SetMute',
                        '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Application.SetMute", "params": {"mute":"toggle"}, "id": 1}',
                        function(resultSetMute){
                            ...do some stuff with the data...
                );

Thanks a lot tuxfuxch. I've downloaded it so feel free to delete it Smile iff I have any comments or ideas would you like me to post them in your yarc thread?

yes that would be nice!have fun

RE: Using video add-ons through a web interface? - Mizaki - 2015-04-05

(2015-04-04, 20:03)tuxfuxch Wrote: @Mizaki, Could you explain this
>It's up to the addon to present the options as folder/files.

a bit more? i realiesed, that in chorus and also AWXi (as i saw now) only show 2 of my plugins. In my solution, a lot workes quite good and show up("One Pot Chef" or "Youtube Plugin" for example)

I am fetching with "Addons.GetAddons" (and some parameters like "type" : "xbmc.python.pluginsource") and then i start them with:
[...]Files.GetDirectory","id":1,"params":["plugin://' + addonID + '"[...]

am i not supposed to do that?

Hey,

I would imagine the addons that aren't showing have not presented themselves as the right type (audio/video) or present their data in a different way. I've not really looked at the addons so someone who is more familiar could offer some insight. Have you got an example addon that you would expect to work but doesn't?