Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] (/showthread.php?tid=220360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - steve11 - 2016-03-05

Hi Gade, hope you are all good.

I have 2 questions regarding the latest version of Rapier.

First my recently added movies doesn't seem to be updating like it did before, latest movies not showing up but some older ones are. Is this a known issue?

Also, instead of having all my TV shows scraped properly I simply have a shortcut to a folder with all my TV shows as files (my rarer shows were never scraped properly so I simplified it). I notice now when I hit pause that a black box appears which I guess should show art (like for my movies). Is there a way to manually add art to files even if they are not recognised as TV shows?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-05, 11:46)steve11 Wrote: First my recently added movies doesn't seem to be updating like it did before, latest movies not showing up but some older ones are. Is this a known issue?

Hi Steve.

Can you describe this in detail? This works perfectly on all my systems.

This widget is now created from a smart playlist which makes it a lot faster with instant updates on changes. Note that it only contains unwatched items.

You can try to go to your Recently Added Movies library node, select only unwatched movies and let me know if you see the same movies in the same order as the widget.

(2016-03-05, 11:46)steve11 Wrote: Also, instead of having all my TV shows scraped properly I simply have a shortcut to a folder with all my TV shows as files (my rarer shows were never scraped properly so I simplified it). I notice now when I hit pause that a black box appears which I guess should show art (like for my movies). Is there a way to manually add art to files even if they are not recognised as TV shows?

Did you create this folder as a video source? And if you did, which content did you set?

Depending on how you did make the source, this may or may not work.

Select the tv show and open up the information window. Click Manage > Choose Art and for each art type you can select it manually (the last option).
Bring up the context menu and choose Manage > Choose Art / Thumb etc. Here you can also select the art manually.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - steve11 - 2016-03-05

I mean when I open Kodi, the recently added movies is not up to date.
Sorry how do I access the Recently Added Movies library node?

I tried setting the folders content to TV and then scanned. I clicked on information but nothing happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-03-08

(2016-03-05, 17:45)steve11 Wrote: I mean when I open Kodi, the recently added movies is not up to date.
Sorry how do I access the Recently Added Movies library node?

If you haven't changed the home screen movie submenus, it's the last entry.

Otherwise, you can go to your movie library and navigate to the top options menubar. Go to the "Library" button and click Recently Added Movies.

To only show the unwatched movies (to match the widget): Navigate to the top options menubar and click the third button from the left (Extra Options). Click the "All Videos" button until it says "Unwatched".

Now your library should contain the same items as the widget starting from the top of the list.

(2016-03-05, 17:45)steve11 Wrote: I tried setting the folders content to TV and then scanned. I clicked on information but nothing happens.

Have you tried creating nfo files and adding the images through them? You can scrape your items using only nfo files.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_episodes

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Halwende - 2016-03-16

(2016-02-22, 00:59)Gade Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 11:12)Halwende Wrote: Not sure if related but tonight I noticed my "in progress" widget on TV Shows isn't updating / refreshing. It was all good 3 days ago (been away all weekend). Before when an episode finished and we return to the main screen the widget would flash slightly and refresh, now - it highlights the episode name blue for a second and does nothing - strange

Can I upload a log to help or is this a known bug?

I just saw that the script.skin.helper.service had a recent update to fix widgets not updating. Can you confirm that it now works?

You can check to see if you have script.skin.helper.service version 1.0.43 on your system.

Just wanted to update on this in case anyone reads and is curious - yes this was the fix - unknown to me at the time my skin.helper was out of date and re-installing it helped. As a side-note I dabbled with Jarvis (v16) after that and it worked fine there too. Great work on this skin by the way.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-16, 04:56)Halwende Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 00:59)Gade Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 11:12)Halwende Wrote: Not sure if related but tonight I noticed my "in progress" widget on TV Shows isn't updating / refreshing. It was all good 3 days ago (been away all weekend). Before when an episode finished and we return to the main screen the widget would flash slightly and refresh, now - it highlights the episode name blue for a second and does nothing - strange

Can I upload a log to help or is this a known bug?

I just saw that the script.skin.helper.service had a recent update to fix widgets not updating. Can you confirm that it now works?

You can check to see if you have script.skin.helper.service version 1.0.43 on your system.

Just wanted to update on this in case anyone reads and is curious - yes this was the fix - unknown to me at the time my skin.helper was out of date and re-installing it helped. As a side-note I dabbled with Jarvis (v16) after that and it worked fine there too. Great work on this skin by the way.

Thanks a lot for the update and I'm glad it works as expected now.

The script.skin.helper.service add-on will get an update soon to further increase the speed of widgets Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - haim85 - 2016-03-26

(2015-04-10, 02:14)Gade Wrote: A new update is available. This update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 8.0.8 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.0.8 (8-April-15)
- Fixed double images in Icon View for focused items.
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).
- Added skin setting in General to hide the top bar when idle (after 3 seconds).
- Bugfixing of the movie information window when playing trailers windowed.
- Bugfixing of background images when scaled (improves quality).
- Added selectable scripts (in Programs) to the presets dialog when adding custom categories and submenus.
- Upgrade and design changes of OSD bookmarks dialog.
- Added small wall view style for movies and tv shows with 5 x 14 posters.
- Updated kiosk mode for PVR windows.
- Updated Add-ons custom panel to display all video and music add-ons instead of 20 random add-ons.
- Added additional studio logos.
- Updated kiosk mode for add-on information window.
- Bugfixing of navigation in top options menu bar (pictures and addon browser).
- Added button in addon browser to check for updates.
- Added new default icons.

- Added small wall view style for movies and tv shows with 5 x 14 posters.

- Added skin setting in General to hide the top bar when idle (after 3 seconds).

- Upgrade and design changes of OSD bookmarks dialog.

- Updated Add-ons custom panel to display all video and music add-ons instead of 20 random add-ons.

ENJOY!

wow how about you such detailed view
H.246 1080p DTS ... I want this display how do I do it?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 02:13)haim85 Wrote: wow how about you such detailed view

Hi haim85 and welcome to the forums.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

The two library views in the screenshots are Wall View and List Info View. In Wall view go to View Options in the top options menubar and select Small to get the same layout as the screenshot.

The media flags are displayed according to your video file info and tagging (bluray, 3d etc.).

Are your movies scraped into the movie library? I use Universal Movie Scraper as my scraper as it gets more details and has more settings options.

(2016-03-26, 11:13)Gade Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 02:13)haim85 Wrote: wow how about you such detailed view

Hi haim85 and welcome to the forums.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

The two library views in the screenshots are Wall View and List Info View. In Wall view go to View Options in the top options menubar and select Small to get the same layout as the screenshot.

The media flags are displayed according to your video file info and tagging (bluray, 3d etc.).

Are your movies scraped into the movie library? I use Universal Movie Scraper as my scraper as it gets more details and has more settings options.

Yes you understand me correctly

With this question should be are my movis library computer: to this show it that way?

I use plugs with the genesis It does not show me this ?

Thank you for your answer
My English is not good hope you understand me

I very much want to display information such as an image in your film then I ask how it's done

Me
wall
Movies
This plugin person I know has done this so structured that way I install it
Information and Navigation films like you
I will see screen image

You can do this to me like you pictures
Tell me how to do it even support via TeamViewer
I'm new to this business will be very happy with you help me

Hi haim85.

Sorry, discussion of illegal and banned add-ons are against the forum rules.

I don't think you can get the same codec info from add-ons streaming content, legal or otherwise.

(2016-03-26, 20:10)Gade Wrote: Hi haim85.

Sorry, discussion of illegal and banned add-ons are against the forum rules.

I don't think you can get the same codec info from add-ons streaming content, legal or otherwise.
sorry.
But thank you
I realized it only for library movies you share this view

Exactly.

I only use local and network files (and dummy files for testing purposes). But the media flags will probably also appear for other types although I haven't fully tested this.

Let me know if you have any other questions Smile

Besides here on the forums, you can find a lot of useful info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-03-31

UPDATE: Rapier 8.8.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Added a Preview button to Skin Settings > General when enabling startup video / image. Use this button to preview your startup media.
  • Added support for plugin.library.node.editor. A "Edit Nodes" button has been added to the top options menu bar. Use this to edit the library nodes. If the add-on is not installed, you will be prompted to install it when clicking the button.
  • Thumbnail View and tv shows Banner View has been merged into Icon View. This view is now greatly improved and offers more options and support for normal / small thumbs (posters and banners), clear logos, clear art, tv thumbs and much more. If you used Thumbnail View or Banner View before, select Icon View instead. Screenshots are added below.
  • A Search dialog has been added when the top options menu bar search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked. A Search submenu button has been added to the home screen General category.
  • A CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar has been added to the system information window.
  • 2 new views has been added to the pictures windows: List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views. They offer more details and makes navigating your images much easier. Screenshots are added below.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.8.0 (29-March-16)
- Added sort letter notification for global search window.
- Bugfixing of clear logo visibility in Extended List View.
- Changed labels of breadcrumbs in information windows.
- PVR Windows will now dim when view options dialog is visible.
- Added In Progress TV Shows submenu to the home screen TV Shows category.
- Updated Hebrew home screen category images (thanks to dontel).
- Changed visibility for "Current Playlist" button in the menubar when a playlist is active.
- Fixed missing label for location button in weather window menubar.
- Added date label to Info Pane in pictures windows.
- Added List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views to pictures windows.
- Increased size of picture information dialog.
- Added CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar to system information window.
- Added Search dialog when search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked.
- Added Search submenu button to the home screen General category.
- Merge, update and redesign of Icon View, Thumbnail View and TV Shows Banner View.
- Added new Icon View for movie sets.
- Updated language files from Transifex.
- ExtendedInfo video information window trailer button now closes the window if a trailer exists.
- Added "Edit Nodes" button to top options menu bar when in the nodes section of libraries (will install plugin.library.node.editor).
- Added plugin.library.node.editor to Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons section.
- Centered yes/no dialog, busy dialog, ok dialog and progress dialog.
- Changed top options menubar Filter button to radiobutton.
- Added Preview button to Skin Settings > General when enabling startup video / image.
- Removed add-on star rating and rating since it doesn't work.
- Font fixes.

- Merge, update and redesign of Icon View, Thumbnail View and TV Shows Banner View.
MOVIES: Icon View, clear logo style

TV SHOWS: Icon View, clear art style

TV SHOWS: Icon View, normal style (banners selected in the skin settings)

TV SHOWS: Icon View, small style (banners selected in the skin settings)

MOVIES: Icon View, Countries

Added List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views to pictures windows.
List Info 3 View, normal style

List Info 3 View, expanded style

Thumbs Info View

- Added Search dialog when search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked.

- Added CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar to system information window.

ENJOY!

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Loc2262 - 2016-04-01

Hey Gade!

I just downloaded the Rapier skin to my Milhouse OpenELEC #330 (Raspberry Pi 2), and I notice that the skin is "very slow" during certain operations... E.g. going to the Movies or TV Shows menu from the main menu takes about 15 seconds before the list appears. Even opening the system settings takes like 6 seconds.

"top" says that the CPU load goes to 25% (i.e. one core is fully loaded) during that time. Am I assuming correctly that your skin just is that CPU demanding and not really suitable for the Pi? Or is there maybe some options that I can try? Maybe some way to make it multi-threaded?

EDIT: My apologies; I just noticed that I should have posted this in the Rapier 10 thread... I'll make my next posting there!

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-04-02

(2016-04-01, 18:47)Loc2262 Wrote: Hey Gade!

I just downloaded the Rapier skin to my Milhouse OpenELEC #330 (Raspberry Pi 2), and I notice that the skin is "very slow" during certain operations... E.g. going to the Movies or TV Shows menu from the main menu takes about 15 seconds before the list appears. Even opening the system settings takes like 6 seconds.

"top" says that the CPU load goes to 25% (i.e. one core is fully loaded) during that time. Am I assuming correctly that your skin just is that CPU demanding and not really suitable for the Pi? Or is there maybe some options that I can try? Maybe some way to make it multi-threaded?

EDIT: My apologies; I just noticed that I should have posted this in the Rapier 10 thread... I'll make my next posting there!

Hi Loc2262.

It's not a light weight skin and people may experience some lagging etc. on lower powered platforms. I use it on my OpenELEC Rpi2 as well and mostly experience the same as you. Some lagging when entering the libraries first time after boot etc. can be expected.

What you can do is go to Skin Settings > Animations and disable all animations. I haven't done this myself, but this may increase performance a bit. Let me know what you experience Smile