Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] (/showthread.php?tid=220360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - TeflonDog - 2015-07-30

(2015-07-25, 17:35)Gade Wrote: Could you please try out the same in Aeon Nox 5 skin and let me know how things look. I know there's full support for nodes.

I haven't got that working in Aeon Nox 5 either. So I must be missing something. But having them directly from the main menu seems preferable to me so no worries.

(2015-07-25, 17:35)Gade Wrote: EDIT: I have just added support for custom submenus in the System category. If you install my repo, you will get the update very soon Smile

Nice! Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-07-30

(2015-07-30, 16:43)TeflonDog Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 17:35)Gade Wrote: Could you please try out the same in Aeon Nox 5 skin and let me know how things look. I know there's full support for nodes.

I haven't got that working in Aeon Nox 5 either. So I must be missing something. But having them directly from the main menu seems preferable to me so no worries.

Thanks for getting back and checking in Aeon Nox 5.

I'll leave it for now then.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Or if you stumble upon some missing support of nodes somewhere in the skin.

Cheers
gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - styoda - 2015-07-30

Hi,

Just like to say, great skin, love it.

I've just built my HTPC which will be replacing my TViX box.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but is it possible to add in UK certification for the movies? I've tried movie scrapers but I can't get them to work.
May be an option to add the certification logo manually, I do this already with Yadis and my TViX box.

May be something like this:-
I'm not a fan of ratings, I have no need for them, I'm sure there's others out there that might agree Confused.
Remove the "Ratings"

And replace it with the UK Certification logo

Something like that anyway.
Just an idea Smile

Thanks
Best regards
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-07-30

(2015-07-30, 17:54)styoda Wrote: Hi,

Just like to say, great skin, love it.

I've just built my HTPC which will be replacing my TViX box.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but is it possible to add in UK certification for the movies? I've tried movie scrapers but I can't get them to work.
May be an option to add the certification logo manually, I do this already with Yadis and my TViX box.

Hi Scott.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. Welcome to Kodi and the Rapier skin. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions Smile

UK BBFC ratings are already possible.

I suggest you use the Universal Movie Scraper for scraping your movie library.

Go to the settings of this add-on -> Rating -> Preferred Certification Country and select UK. Click the button Certification Prefix and write UK:

You need to re-scrape your movies to get the new certification.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - robmich - 2015-08-01

Your skin is getting better and better.... One question, on the "all channels" screen, there is a color bar graphic. Is it possible to either make that graphic dynamic, changing as you scroll through the channels or to have it rotate through a folder of graphics, fan art etc.

Thanks

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-01

(2015-08-01, 18:10)robmich Wrote: Your skin is getting better and better.... One question, on the "all channels" screen, there is a color bar graphic. Is it possible to either make that graphic dynamic, changing as you scroll through the channels or to have it rotate through a folder of graphics, fan art etc.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob.

I guess I can make a skin setting for a single user defined image or a folder for multiple images. Which one would you prefer?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - styoda - 2015-08-01

(2015-07-30, 21:34)Gade Wrote: Hi Scott.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. Welcome to Kodi and the Rapier skin. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions Smile

UK BBFC ratings are already possible.

I suggest you use the Universal Movie Scraper for scraping your movie library.

Go to the settings of this add-on -> Rating -> Preferred Certification Country and select UK. Click the button Certification Prefix and write UK:

You need to re-scrape your movies to get the new certification.

Cheers
Gade

Hi Gade,

I tried what you suggested but not all the movies show the UK certification on the main Mive page, but if you go into the "Movie Information" section the MPAA rating shows the certification.

I'm using OpenElec V6 (V5.95.3), could this have something to do with this issue?

Is it possible to add a button or something to allow the user to change the certification manually and then this would show up on the the main page?

Thanks
Best regards
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - robmich - 2015-08-02

Hi Rob.

I guess I can make a skin setting for a single user defined image or a folder for multiple images. Which one would you prefer?

####

A folder for multiple would be outstanding...

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-02

(2015-08-01, 23:08)styoda Wrote: Hi Gade,

I tried what you suggested but not all the movies show the UK certification on the main Mive page, but if you go into the "Movie Information" section the MPAA rating shows the certification.

Hi Scott.

You have to provide more info than that - maybe some screenshots?

Do you see some but not all of the UK certification media flags in the library view?

In the movie information window, do you see the UK ratings as a media flag or as a label (like director etc.)? The rating media flags also appear in the movie information window.

(2015-08-01, 23:08)styoda Wrote: I'm using OpenElec V6 (V5.95.3), could this have something to do with this issue?

Nope, that shouldn't have anything to do with this Smile I use OpenElec myself on one system.

(2015-08-01, 23:08)styoda Wrote: Is it possible to add a button or something to allow the user to change the certification manually and then this would show up on the the main page?

Unfortunately not, since scraping of ratings are handled by the movie information provider add-ons (The Movie Database, Universal Movie Scraper).

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-02

(2015-08-02, 03:28)robmich Wrote: Hi Rob.

####

A folder for multiple would be outstanding...

Rob

Hi Rob.

I'll see what I can do Smile

Cheers
Gade

EDIT: This will be available in the next update both for radio and tv.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - styoda - 2015-08-03

(2015-08-02, 11:19)Gade Wrote: Hi Scott.

You have to provide more info than that - maybe some screenshots?

Do you see some but not all of the UK certification media flags in the library view?

In the movie information window, do you see the UK ratings as a media flag or as a label (like director etc.)? The rating media flags also appear in the movie information window.

Hi Gade,

Hopefully this will explain it better.

This is what I can see when the UK certification is picked up on the library view. This shows PG at the bottom right hand corner.

With a lot of other movies I see this, no certification logo at the bottom right corner.

If I then right click on the mouse and select "Movie Information"

You can see that the MPAA information is there.

These snapshots have been taken from my Windows OS install but it happens exactly the same on my OpenElec version as well.

Hope this helps,
Best regards
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-03

(2015-08-03, 20:07)styoda Wrote: Hi Gade,

Hopefully this will explain it better.

This is what I can see when the UK certification is picked up on the library view. This shows PG at the bottom right hand corner.

Hope this helps,
Best regards
Scott

Hi Scott.

This explains things perfectly.

You are still seeing US ratings both in your library and in the movie information window - or you didn't change the certification prefix in the scraper settings. The PG media flag is the US one.

You need to do exactly what I wrote in the earlier post, but let me explain it here in detail Smile

1. Go to your movie media source and click "Change Content" from the context menu.
  2. Choose Universal Movie Scraper as your scraper. If you don't see that, click "Get More..." and download it. Select it as your scraper afterwards.
  3. Go to the configuration of Universal Movie Scraper and select the Rating menu.
  4. Click "Preferred certification country" and select UK.
  5. Click "Certification Prefix" and write "UK:". It is extremely important that you write it exactly like that (without "").
  6. You need to rescrape all your movies for the scraper to pickup the new information. This means that you either need to delete them and rescrape your entire library, or do it individually by selecting the movie information window and hit "Refresh".

I think perhaps you missed number 5 in the above list, as the certification prefix in your movie information window is "Rated " - which applies to US ratings.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - styoda - 2015-08-03

(2015-08-03, 20:55)Gade Wrote: I think perhaps you missed number 5 in the above list, as the certification prefix in your movie information window is "Rated " - which applies to US ratings.

Hi Gade,

You are correct, I didn't do number 5 Confused
All working perfectly now Smile

Thanks very much,

Best regards
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-03

(2015-08-03, 23:16)styoda Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 20:55)Gade Wrote: I think perhaps you missed number 5 in the above list, as the certification prefix in your movie information window is "Rated " - which applies to US ratings.

Hi Gade,

You are correct, I didn't do number 5 Confused
All working perfectly now Smile

Thanks very much,

Best regards
Scott

Hi Scott.

Happy to help and I'm glad you got it sorted out! Smile

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - msys - 2015-08-04

Hello,

The mousy thing works now as of Rapier 8.2.7. Thanks!

Speaking of which, I am a programmer by profession, and skin programming in Kodi still looks like witchery to me Smile... I've actually compared 8.2.6 with 8.2.7 and... the 'Fake button for mouse control' tipped the scales Smile. Are there any tools (other than syntax-aware editors) that would help at least analysing / visualising the skin code?

Speaking of skins, there is one thing that bothers me (with all of them, really): the 'views'. I find it strange that the views are inseparable from the skin, but I get it. The separation would probably take a lot of development time, so maybe it isn't worth it. So I'd like to focus on the views in the Rapier theme itself.

Is there any chance for the view like "list info", but taking the whole screen, instead of just a bottom half of it? 'list info 2' doesn't quite cut it, but it is close to it with the 'normal' view style, just the thumbnail on the left is constant ('global') for all the selected rows instead of changing per file like in 'list info'. Or maybe adding the view styles like full/half screen to 'list info' would be the cleanest way of doing this?

I also cannot find any reasonable view for add-ons in Rapier which will show a description on a mouseover - something like a 'list', but showing the description below the thumbnail, instead of only the thumbnail at the right side of the screen.

I hope the above is understandable, if not - ask Wink

btw sometimes changing the view mode for 'list info 2' hangs the whole Kodi for good, but I doubt it is the Rapier's fault.

Thanks and regards!
ms

EDIT: added a question about the add-ons view.