Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] (/showthread.php?tid=220360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-13

A cool new feature to come is content browsing.

This allows for content lists to be visible along with genres, actors, studios, countries etc., and will make browsing much faster and easier.

The content lists are not regular library lists, meaning that you will not have a context menu. But you will still get full info, play a movie, go to a tv show, album or artist.

Go to the top options menu bar, click View and select Extended List.

The content browsing will be available for:
  • Movies: genres, years, actors, directors, studios and countries.
  • TV Shows: genres, years, actors and studios.
  • Music Videos: genres, years, directors and studios.
  • Music: genres and years.

If you use custom genre icons for movies, tv shows and music, it will look pretty damn good Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-10, 16:04)msys Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 22:53)Gade Wrote: Confluence doesn't have that issue because the buttons have a 0 pixel gap.
Confluence doesn't have this glitch, but I suppose the reason is slightly different: try to move the mouse off the option (to the left or to the right of it) and in Confluence the option stops being highlighted but the menu still stays on the screen, while in Rapier the menu then disappears.

The two skins have different buttons which is why the mouse reacts differently.

Confluence has a top image, 4 buttons going all the way from left of the dialog to the right, and a bottom image. There's a 0 pixel gap between the buttons.

Rapier has a top image, several background images and a bottom image. On top of those are the 4 buttons with a 2 pixel gap.

And that's why the two skins react differently for mouse users.

I will look at a satisfying solution though.

(2015-08-10, 16:04)msys Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 22:53)Gade Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 10:29)msys Wrote: Is there any chance for the view like "list info", but taking the whole screen, instead of just a bottom half of it? 'list info 2' doesn't quite cut it, but it is close to it with the 'normal' view style, just the thumbnail on the left is constant ('global') for all the selected rows instead of changing per file like in 'list info'. Or maybe adding the view styles like full/half screen to 'list info' would be the cleanest way of doing this?
I use List Info View myself for movies and tv shows, so I'm very interested in every way this view can be improved.
But I'm not quite sure I'm following you. Isn't this mostly what List Info 3 View offers?
The only issue with 'list info' I have (but a big one) is a wasted screen estate. That's why I suggested some option to switch off top half of the screen.

List Info is designed with background fanart in mind (although Scarfa - Rapier's creator - designed most of it), which is why you see a lot of it.

I will consider adding a view option for a full screen list info-like view - and do the same option for add-ons.

(2015-08-10, 16:50)msys Wrote: Switching through multiple subtitles is extremely inconvenient in Kodi, at least with a mouse or a gamepad/controller. There might be some keyboard shortcuts for this, but what can you do when the keyboard is not around?

First, there is a 'next' option, but it needs two mouseovers and then a click and it has an added 'twist' of disappearing after cycling through all the subtitles, so you need to look for a different option in slightly different place to turn these back on (to me it looks like a very strange design choice). Second, there is a suboption that allows for selecting the subtitles from a list (via 'audio and subtitle settings') but it requires even more clicks/keypresses. Every other player I know does this right, why not Kodi?

Is there some other way of switching between different subtitles? It would be useful for many reasons, like learning new languages etc. If not, allowing for a shortcut to the list of available subtitles (like another button among the existing ones in VideoOSD) or at least to 'subtitles -> next/enable' would imho be immensely useful.

I have changed the Next button so it cycles though available subtitles and doesn't disappear Smile

I would like to change the subtitle button to open up the subtitles selection window, but to my knowledge, there's currently no way for a skin to open up that window other than the audio dialog.

(2015-08-10, 16:50)msys Wrote: Speaking of shortcuts, what is the quickest way of quitting from kodi from within Rapier's VideoOSD via a mouse? Assigning mmb for a fullscreen and then doing mmb and closing the window does not count Smile

Kodi is really not designed for mouse users - sorry Smile

The only way I can think of is exiting the fullscreen window, clicking the shutdown button in the libraries top options menu bar and clicking Quit Kodi... that's only 3 clicks...

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - robmich - 2015-08-14

Just grabbed 9,0 alpha. Is the new content browsing available yet? It is not listed in the view dropbox.

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - msys - 2015-08-14

Wow, great things are coming my way, thx! Big Grin

As for 'quitting Kodi', I only asked about it to maybe 'hint' you a little Smile into adding some easy/global/consistent way for this. If you think it will clutter the skin or will be too hard to develop / maintain then I'll understand.

BTW thanks for the professional support, it seems like I'm getting more answers than I've asked questions...
Kind of impressive!

All the best,
ms

(2015-08-14, 03:26)robmich Wrote: Just grabbed 9,0 alpha. Is the new content browsing available yet? It is not listed in the view dropbox.

Rob

Hi Rob.

Actually, 9.0 Alpha is far from finished yet, which is also why I haven't made a thread in the forums.

It requires a lot of updates to be ready for Kodi Jarvis, but I kind of got busy in the process, doing other skin related stuff Smile

The content browsing feature will be ready for the next development update both for Helix and Isengard. I'm currently trying to fix a bug related to alternative duration support for this feature.

Cheers
Gade

(2015-08-14, 03:41)msys Wrote: Wow, great things are coming my way, thx! Big Grin

As for 'quitting Kodi', I only asked about it to maybe 'hint' you a little Smile into adding some easy/global/consistent way for this. If you think it will clutter the skin or will be too hard to develop / maintain then I'll understand.

BTW thanks for the professional support, it seems like I'm getting more answers than I've asked questions...
Kind of impressive!

All the best,
ms

Hi ms.

The shutdown button in the library top options menu bar is exactly for the same.

I'm not adding more buttons, as it will clutter the skin (as you already mention). Smile

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-16

More content browsing.

I have added the content browsing feature for movie sets.

This will work great with manual install of the add-on script.skin.info.service, but it will also work without. If the script is installed, the info in the middle will change according to the focused item (movie set to the left or single movie to the right).

A preview release will very soon be available in my repository.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-17

I have pushed version 8.2.9 to my repo.

Content browsing etc. is ready for testing. See this and this post for screenshots and information. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong), no other skin offer this feature.

A full changelog can be found inside the skin.rapier folder or within Kodi.

I appreciate any ideas, suggestions, bug reports regarding this.

An already known issue is when using alternative duration. If another window is brought up (shutdown menu, context menu, view options etc.), the last number will disappear. I'm working on a solution.

Happy testing! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.2.4 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-21

A new update is available. This update contains bugfixing and a lot of shiny new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 8.3.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

A cool new feature is content browsing. This allows for content lists to be visible along with genres, actors, studios, countries etc., and will make browsing much faster and easier.

The content lists are not regular library lists, meaning that you will not have a context menu. But you will still get full info, play a movie, go to a tv show, album or artist.

Go to the top options menu bar, click View and select Extended List.

The content browsing will be available for:
  • Movies: sets, genres, years, actors, directors, studios and countries.
  • TV Shows: genres, years, actors and studios.
  • Music Videos: genres, years, directors and studios.
  • Music: genres and years.

Movie sets will work great with manual install of the add-on script.skin.info.service, but it will also work without. If the script is installed, the info in the middle will change according to the focused item (movie set to the left or single movie to the right).

If you use custom genre icons for movies, tv shows and music, it will look pretty damn good Smile

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.3.0 (20-August-15)
- Bugfixing of clear logos for music videos.
- Added Extended List View for movie genres, sets, years, actors, directors, studios and countries.
- Added Extended List View for tv show genres, years, actors and studios.
- Added Extended List View for music video genres, years, directors and studios.
- Added Extended List View for music genres and years.
- Added country flag images for countries library views.
- Updated info labels for album and artist information window and added script.skin.info.service info labels.
- The "Next" button in the OSD subtitles dialog will now cycle through available subtitles.
- Better mouse support for top bar home button and top bar global search button.
- Added poster image for movie and episode fullscreen info dialog.
- Fixed season / episode number for live tv and episode fullscreen info dialog.
- Disabled startup sound.
- Added simultaneous support for pvr.wmc and pvr.nextpvr add-ons.
- Added support for pvr.dvblink add-on.
- Bugfixing of view options for pictures, add-ons, music, movies and tv show libraries.
- If no extrafanart is available, regular fanart will be visible.
- Updated rating media flags.
- Added UK BBFC media flags for script.globalsearch.
- Updated Kiosk Mode.
- Updated mouse support in fullscreen video OSD for subtitles and 3D button.
- Bugfixing of fullscreen video OSD.
- Added skin settings to select multi image path for tv / radio channels / recordings.
- Updated support for script.imdbupdate.
- Removed support for script.duration and added skin support instead.
- Added alternative duration support for ExtendedInfo and movie sets.
- Added ExtendedInfo Discography button to artist / album information windows.
- Added ExtendedInfo Youtube Music Videos button to artist / album information windows.
- Updated OSD seekbar with skip step progress bar.
- Added studio logo to infopane in movie and tv show libraries.
- Custom categories and submenus will now keep previous settings after they are disabled.
- Bugfixing of home screen General category custom submenus.
- Added custom submenus for the System category.

Added Extended List View for movie genres, sets, years, actors, directors, studios and countries.
Content browsing for movie genres

Content browsing for movie actors

Content browsing for movie countries

Added Extended List View for tv show genres, years, actors and studios.
Content browsing for tv show studios

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

8.3.0 UPDATE CONTINUED:

Added Extended List View for movie genres, sets, years, actors, directors, studios and countries.
Content browsing for movie sets

Added country flag images for countries library views.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

8.3.0 UPDATE CONTINUED:

Added ExtendedInfo Discography button to artist / album information windows.
Updated info labels for album and artist information window and added script.skin.info.service info labels.

Added ExtendedInfo Youtube Music Videos button to artist / album information windows.
Updated info labels for album and artist information window and added script.skin.info.service info labels.

Added poster image for movie and episode fullscreen info dialog.
Fixed season / episode number for episode fullscreen info dialog.

ENJOY! Smile

RE: RAPIER 8.2.4 FOR Kodi 15.x ISENGARD - malewski - 2015-08-22

Hello,

be patient because my english is not perfect!

I have a problem with the skin widget in HOME - TV SHOWS: there shows me an widget with the next aired episodes of my series.

That I don't want. I have switched off this in the skin settings, but its still there.

How can I delete this from my HOME - TV SHOWS Huh

And I missing a view in MOVIE and TV Shows: the BIGFAN like in SHEDNOX.

Please can you add it?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-22, 09:20)malewski Wrote: Hello,

be patient because my english is not perfect!

I have a problem with the skin widget in HOME - TV SHOWS: there shows me an widget with the next aired episodes of my series.

That I don't want. I have switched off this in the skin settings, but its still there.

How can I delete this from my HOME - TV SHOWS Huh

Hi malewski and welcome to the forums.

There's 2 widgets for the next aired add-on. One is with tv shows airing today, which can be disabled in the skin settings. And the other is upcoming tv shows, which can be disabled in the next aired add-on settings.

Which one do you see?

(2015-08-22, 09:20)malewski Wrote: And I missing a view in MOVIE and TV Shows: the BIGFAN like in SHEDNOX.

Please can you add it?

Can you post some screenshots, so I can see what it looks like?

I might add it if it fits with the skin design and adds something new that none of the other views do.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - malewski - 2015-08-22

Thanks for answering so fast.

I mean the UPCOMING tv shows. I will look in the addon settings.

And for the BIGFAN view I will place a screenshot here. Just wait.

How can I post here pictures?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - markcwee - 2015-08-22

Hello people. Hello Gade.

I have a serious problem with this skin for months... kodi 14.x , 15.x ...

Every time when I click on subtitle icon, after video starts to play, kodi freezes and crashes.
When I change the skin, this issue doesn't happen. every other skin works like charm except my favourite Rapier when I try to load subtitles.

I'm using opensubtitles addon, podnapisi.net addon, titlovi.com addon for subtitles. Languages: Serbian latin, croatian, Bosnian (central European windows format).

Please help! thx in advance