Kodi Community Forum
Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.11.1 (el capitan) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.11.1 (el capitan) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T (/showthread.php?tid=231194)

Pages: 1 2

Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.11.1 (el capitan) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-04

Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.11.1(el capitan) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD TV recording (760p).
Sound is working but video is only showing a blue screen with vertical stripes.

Running Helix, videos can be played.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-12

Kodi RC 2 showing the same behavior. Recorded HD satellite video cannot be played. SD is working

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Prof Yaffle - 2015-07-12

Can you play the recordings directly from a local disc or a network (Files view) share? In other words, is it Kodi or the addon that's at fault.

And you say "HD 760p", which isn't right. Can you play 720p in the same ways - via the addon, via a network share, locally?

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-12

Hi,

With Kodi 4.2 I can play directly via recordings and the related PVR addon.

With Kodi 5 RC I CANNOT play
1. Recorded Files locally
2. Recorded Files via recordings and the related PVT Haddon

To me it looks like hardware accellaration for mp4 is broken.
I have also realized that some videos actually due play with a frame rate of abut 1/3 frame per second.
In a kind of slide show mode. Sound is working.

regards Martin

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Prof Yaffle - 2015-07-12

Then it's debug log (wiki) and sample-on-Dropbox time, I think. If a file plays on Kodi 14 but not 15, I can't immediately blame tvheadend, unless it's always done something wrong which Kodi has now 'corrected'.

The fact that the files either play fine (locally or via the addon) or not at all suggests it's not the addon.

The fact that they don't play locally suggests it's something about those files. I still question your 760p, unless that was a typo - but I'd expect Kodi to adapt.

The fact that you say "mp4" suggests it's nothing at all to do with tvh, as it doesn't support mp4 as a container format.

By all means, upload a sample and I'll see if I can play it or see what may be wrong.

In Germany, HD SAT TV is broadcasted with 720p not with 1080i. 760p was wrong.

The files have the .ts extension. But the video codec is using mp4.

My Log File: http://xbmclogs.com/pnhqtwh4a

Okay, thanks - that clears it up - 720p H.264 in a .ts container (mp4 is normally the container, not the encoding).

I can't see anything in there that tells me what's wrong, but I'm not expert. If you can post a proper debug log (you posted a regular log), please, then maybe there's more in there.

So... I'm running out of knowledge here... particularly on Apple configurations... but some other thoughts that I'd dig into, maybe someone else can help:

1. Check your audio settings... if you have passthrough enabled on a non-passthrough device, for example, or you have a particular sync setting that you shouldn't have then you'll get the 'slideshow' effect you describe.

2. Call up the on-screen codec info ("i", I think) while playing back - see what it tells you - see if your CPU is maxing out (HW acceleration not working), your queue is overflowing (your advancedsettings.xml cache settings getting in the way) or similar.

3. If you upload a sample, I'll check that it plays okay. If it does, then it's clearly the playback settings on your Kodi installation; if it doesn't, then it's clearly something about the file (and thus tvheadend).

4. Similarly, try playing the file on VLC on this or another system. Again, helps isolate tvh vs Kodi.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-13

Thanks for the reply.

to 1: I have no passthrough enabled
to 2: "i" does not work. But while playing the movie, I have a cpu load of about 30%, so no problem here.
to 3+4: The files are definitely ok. They can be played under Kodi 4.2 and also with a windows machine, last not least on my FireTV stick. Also they can be played with Quicktime on the same machine.

I will try on my second macbook air dating from 2009. So different GPU here. If I see a difference then the graphic driver is somehow not working.

regards Martin

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Prof Yaffle - 2015-07-13

If you're 100% sure that the files are okay then it's a Kodi configuration/playback issue or, as you say, a local hardware/driver issue. It's unlikely to be tvheadend from what you've described.

Please, get a full debug log - it's the only thing that will really say what's happening on that machine.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-13

I do not have access to my mac until the weekend, so do not expect a rapid response.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-22

Have just installed Kodi final
What a disappointment!!
The very first HD TV Station I started showed a blue screen. Kind of "first click fail" after about 15 seconds of usage.
Am I the only MAC user who has this bug? I cannot believe it.

With Kodi 14.2 it is working but this version is crashing every 10-20 minutes and sometime even shorter.

@Prof Yaffle: I cannot create a full debug log. The procedure is too complicated for me and I give up on using Kodi. Thanks for trying.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Marty56 - 2015-07-22

I gave it another try on an older mac (macbook air 2009) here it seems to work there.
On my main machine (macbook air 2013) it is not working. So it seems to be related to the graphic card, I guess.
I also removed all the files in the Library and log folder, so I assume I did a "clean" install.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - negge - 2015-07-22

@Marty56 can you post an actual debug log, the one you posted previously didn't have debugging enabled. Check the debug log (wiki) wiki article.

I'm also moving this to the Mac support forum since it seems to be a Mac video playback issue, not a PVR/tvheadend issue.

RE: Kodi RC 1, Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and TVheadend Server 4.1.x cannot play HD T - Memphiz - 2015-07-22

Some GPUs have a problem when using the newly introduced ffmpeg HW Decoder for macosx. You can revert to the old hw decoder by adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<video>
<useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</video>

Sorry for the inconvenience just imagine how disappointing it is that there is mac hardware out there which doesn't work as it should and we are note able to reliably detect it ...

Not working on el capitan any more