Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- Zeth - 2005-02-21

man i appreciate the job you guys do on this script. happy to say another 0.17 mythtv working very well. todays snapshot of script cvs. had a few oddities with perl, but as soon as i updated all was well.

2.6.8-gentoo-r10
amd athlon™ xp 2400+
pvr-350 - multimedia video controller: internext compression inc itvc15 mpeg-2 encoder (rev 01)

had to add l/p to my paths according to my smb setup..

looking forward to updates. Wink

- Loto_Bak - 2005-02-21

thanks for the reply madtw...

may i recommend an update of readme in the cvs? its in dire need of being relevent Wink

- dooze - 2005-02-23

i'm running an avermedia dvb-t card on my mythtv backend, i've got no problems playing back recordings via xbmc. it must be some sort of configuration issue at your end.

the picture quality via xbmc is awesome, it's much better than playing though the linux based front-end for some reason.

- imthemp3king - 2005-02-23

(dooze @ feb. 23 2005,10:24 Wrote:i'm running an avermedia dvb-t card on my mythtv backend, i've got no problems playing back recordings via xbmc. it must be some sort of configuration issue at your end.

the picture quality via xbmc is awesome, it's much better than playing though the linux based front-end for some reason.
do you have transcoding turned on? i haven't tried enabling transcoding yet. i tried copying the recordings local to the xbox hard drive last night and it would not play the one i copied over. i will post logs later tonight.

- Abo-Jo - 2005-02-24

just got my xbmcmythtv installed and 99% working today. got an issue with the mysql error 10057 which i thought would stop it form accessing the db but it seems to have picked up all the filenames correctly which is nice.

a lot better than just seeing timecode filenames on smb...

looking forward to getting the tv guide running.

- madtw - 2005-02-24

fyi, the tv guide screen has not yet been rewritten to support skinning... so all you'll get at the moment is a dialog with the skin name for the button.

- Wob - 2005-02-24

hey guys,
first of thanks for all the hard work, the script is awesome. good not to have to wait for the load time of linux.
i want to be able to watch shows as they are recorded, something i do all the time under the linux front end. problem with the script when doing this is that it asumes the end of the file is were the show was currently upto when you started watching and spits you out when it gets to that point. the live tv is able to continue viewing while the file is expanded (as long as you don't fast forward past the end point). i was wondering if there is anyway to have the script detect a show that is currently recording and treat it the same way as livetv so that it doesn't keep spitting you back out to the menu.

cheers,
beau

- Abo-Jo - 2005-02-25

(madtw @ feb. 24 2005,01:31 Wrote:fyi, the tv guide screen has not yet been rewritten to support skinning... so all you'll get at the moment is a dialog with the skin name for the button.
Smile just figured that out! not a problem really...

- madtw - 2005-02-25

wob: at the moment, there is nothing special in the script to do playback from live tv versus a recorded show once playback starts. both fire up the video player exposed to python by xbmc. the behavior that you are seeing is native to the xbmc video player.

having said that, i'm looking into exposing a few more things to the python encapsulation of the player. if i see an easy fix to this issue as well, i'll make the change and submit a patch...

- Livin - 2005-02-25

i'm late in the game here so my apologies for noob questions...

are there any plans for a tutorial on how to set up the system?

is the plan to be able to use all mythtv pvr/video features from within xbmc's native interface?

i have not yet setup mythtv (don't have a pc to run it on yet) but may just do so if the answers to the above are both yes.

thanks

- dooze - 2005-02-25

i haven't done any transcoding on the backend because i've never been able to get it to work properly. i've transcoded stuff with mencoder under win32 (my backend is hopelessly underpowered for anything other than streaming dvb-t to disk).

as a side note, i've also found a way to burn to dvd fairly reliably with no quality loss from the original recording (but slow and manual) - i can use projectx and ifoedit to demultiplex then remultiplex recordings to create a dvd image, then if the show is larger than a single dvd i use dvdshrink to actually burn it to disc. the mythtvburn scripts on sourceforge half-work for me, in that i can burn a dvd image, but the dvd image crashes dvdshrink when i try to resize it to fit into an actual dvd. *sigh*

- lintweaker - 2005-02-25

i have just upgraded my xbmc and took the latest xbmcmythtv from cvs (yesterday) and everything works as a charm. the only problem is live tv. when i select live tv the chosen channel is just beeing displayed for a few seconds, then it stops. what can this be?

nb this is with mythtv 0.17

- LazyBoy - 2005-02-25

i'm having a problem with live tv too.
recorded shows and upcoming shows work.
settings tested ok.
with llive tv, the channel listing comes up, but
when i select one i get an "access denied" dialog.

the backend is 0.16 and it works with other frontends.
(i changed the xbmcmythtv protocol setting to 13 to
be compatible.)
the backend log says

2005-02-25 12:59:19 mainserver::handleannounce playback
2005-02-25 12:59:19 adding: xbox as a client (events: 0)
2005-02-25 12:59:19 changing from none to watchinglivetv
waited too long for recorder to pause
2005-02-25 12:59:29 changing from watchinglivetv to none
2005-02-25 12:59:29 unknown socket

any advice?
thanks.
lb

- madtw - 2005-02-26

there was a message posted a few pages back describing how to make live tv work. if you want the details, look back but a short recap is to adjust your xbmc cache settings smaller (i use 1mb for lan video cache) and fiddle with the min buffer size setting in xbmcmythtv (i use 750000 bytes).

your access denied problem is most likely a problem with your smb share configuration or path prefixes if you don't use smb. the settings screen only tests myth tv and mysql connections at the moment.

affini: the plan is to provide myth tv functionality natively through the xbmc interface. however, i don't see it doing everything that the myth frontend can do for various reasons - myth is changing all the time so we play catchup; features that are of high interest to the people working on it get implemented; xbmc is a bit limiting in what can be done through python; xbmc can do a lot of what myth provides (e.g. weather, music playback, video playback, dvd playback, add on emulators, etc.).

- bigv - 2005-02-26

after upgrade my mythtv to 0.17(the schema upgrade is not automatically, has to manually change some table columns to get the upgrade completed), put xbmcmythtv 2-21-2005 cvs, tune up the cache setting, everything works, but not smooth on 802.11b connection(well, i use 802.11b on xbmc with no problem). so i changed it to wire connection, live tv and recored show gets very smoothly.

well, one thing i notice, loading the channels for live tv is very slow(30 secs), i am using dishnetwork, so lots of channels. did i do something wrong? if not, we probably wanna load it page by page instead of one big page.