Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- freeidee - 2005-03-28

sorry madtw, a curiosity this script allows to me , schedule programming the recording ?

i can programming recorder from xbox? o only with mythtv-frontend ( pc ) ?

- taylorasdfjkl - 2005-03-29

(madtw @ mar. 23 2005,02:07 Wrote:
(taylorasdfjkl @ mar. 22 2005,09:47 Wrote:now i can play these .nuv files through "my files" or watch recordings, but the files will stop playing when i try to fast forward or enable skip commercials.
this sounds like a problem that xbmc had at the beginning of march. with the latest builds, if you fast forward while playing live tv, it keeps playing at the end of the expanding buffer. commercial skipping is now much more accurate than the previous mplayer core. which mplayer core did you patch? (v5 or v6 - i haven't looked at the mplayer dlls but i seem to remember numbers like that)
i'm using the latest mplayer source from "[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc"
which looks to be "pre6" according to the changelog.

upon further testing though, this problem seems to
only occur specifically with mpeg4 .nuv files. all other files, including rtjpeg .nuv files don't have this problem. so i can only
assume, since i'm not a programmer, that this is just a problem
in the .nuv patch i applied.

perhaps this needs to be addressed in a different project/forum, but for now i'll just switch to rtjpeg encoding.

taylor

- Abo-Jo - 2005-03-29

are any of you getting a socket 10057 not connected error on trying to play the recorded shows? it's really weird, xbmcmyth can see the recorded shows, it can select them and show me the image that is associated with the nuv file but when i click play it just stops with the error.

i didn't do anything to my mythtv box nor to the xbmcmyth installation. i have however, upgraded xbmc to a march 21 build. but the first thing i did after doing that was to play a recording as a test and it passed with flying colours. this just seems to be something which has recently kicked in...

- madtw - 2005-03-30

the recorded show listing, screenshot, etc. are all done using the myth tv protocol. that means your connection to the backend is working fine. playback involves loading markup directly from the mysql database and then launching playback with your configured prefix. the socket connection error is most likely related to a problem connecting to the mysql database. check your settings in xbmcmythtv and check your mysql permissions for remote access.

- madtw - 2005-03-30

(freeidee @ mar. 28 2005,12:26 Wrote:sorry madtw, a curiosity this script allows to me , schedule programming the recording ?

i can programming recorder from xbox? o only with mythtv-frontend ( pc ) ?
not yet... the scripts currently allow you to do the following:

- watch live tv (from the myth backend)
- manage/watch recorded shows
- view upcoming scheduled shows
- view status
- view the program guide

scheduling recordings is something that will eventually be added when you select a program in the program guide.

- wbrokow1 - 2005-03-30

see this link it might help.
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-howto-6.html#modify_perm_mysql

- Abo-Jo - 2005-03-30

cheers, just changed the subnet a bit to see if that helps, maybe the xbox's ip changed and was not behaving as the correct user... testing in a bit.

edit:

not worked! i've gone through the permissions and i have my [email="[email protected]."][email protected].[/email]% set with all privs on mythconverg. i've even tried it as root.

i know i haven't changed nay of these settings so something has gone on i assume that has goosed mysql.

- RoosterX - 2005-04-02

will this script be able to pause, ff, fr etc (timeshift) through the xbox, or is it only showing live steams?
tia

- sigtom - 2005-04-02

(roosterx @ april 02 2005,08:40 Wrote:will this script be able to pause, ff, fr etc (timeshift) through the xbox, or is it only showing live steams?
tia
as madtw said this will allow you to:

- watch live tv (from the myth backend)
- manage/watch recorded shows
- view upcoming scheduled shows
- view status
- view the program guide

- madtw - 2005-04-03

as sigtom pointed out, you can timeshift through the xbox by recording shows.

also, while watching live tv, you can pause (e.g. to go to the fridge or whatever). rewinding of live tv doesn't seem to work (it just puts you back at the end of the live tv stream) but i think that may be a mplayer issue. the myth ringbuffer should allow you to rewind for the buffer amount.

anyway, i don't use the myth frontend at all as a result of this script + myth web for scheduling. when i get a chance to write the scheduling bit, then i'll end up using the scripts exclusively.

- luigi - 2005-04-03

hi all,
just tried the latest cvs versions (030405) of both mythtvxbmc and xbmc. i've noted the following errors. for live tv you get "unsupported operand types for +-:"none type" and "str"
for the program guide, i get "list index out of bounds"
everything else works as it should.

- Livin - 2005-04-03

madtw,
this sounds like some great work... once you have released a gold version that works with xbmc i'm going to try my hand at setting it up. i've never even used mythtv but this is going to push me to do it!

thanks for giving to the community!

- madtw - 2005-04-03

(luigi @ april 02 2005,20:16 Wrote:just tried the latest cvs versions (030405) of both mythtvxbmc and xbmc. i've noted the following errors. for live tv you get "unsupported operand types for +-:"none type" and "str"
for the program guide, i get "list index out of bounds"
everything else works as it should.
looks like you have some interesting data in your myth database... the live tv error means that something is coming back null/none when it isn't expected to (or handled properly). i'm not sure what would be causing your second error (besides the obvious that the index being used is outside the bounds of the array)... if you can consistently reproduce the problems through a sequence of well defined steps and/or get some debug logs, it would help me in figuring where the problem is...

- Wob - 2005-04-03

hello again madtw,
just updated to the latest cvs of mythtv (running xbmc from 01/04/05) and everything is working sweet except the program guide looks like a dog breakfast. i have 7 channels, they are listeded multiple times down the screen 1-7, 1-7 etc, it also doesn't scroll properly, when i get halfway down it jumps, i have overlapping text (one show overlaps with the next) and the repeated channels show "no data".

this is the only error in my logs.
03-04-2005 17:44:26 info q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvguide.py:118: deprecationwarning: integer argument expected, got float
alignment=(
03-04-2005 17:44:26 info q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvguide.py:127: deprecationwarning: integer argument expected, got float
alignment=mythtvgui.align_center_y | mythtvgui.align_truncated )

i still have issues with the status, i have just sent you a msg with my status html.

cheers,
beau

- madtw - 2005-04-03

wob: you didn't apply the xbmc patch i mentioned in an earlier post. i added screenshots of what the program guide should look like to the source forge page. alignment and truncation of the program guide button fonts will not work without the patch - actually i'm surprised anything works at all without the patch. you'll have to build xbmc manually until they include my patch...

[edit] i am working on a fix if you have less channels than displayed on a single screen. i have a few screen fulls of channels so i never hit that error condition.

[edit2] i just committed a fix to xbmcmythtv cvs if you have less channels than can be displayed on a single program guide screen. like i posted earlier, i didn't expect the scripts to work until xbmc patch 1166891 is applied to xbmc's cvs repository. unfortunately, it is taking longer than previous patches to be applied... but there isn't much i can do about that. as for the status problem, if you have more than one tuner i know there are issues... i am thinking about changing the status screen to have subscreens (i.e. break up existing info onto multiple screens taking into account multiple tuners, etc.). also, i wanted to get a program guide done because people keep asking for it so the status screen has been neglected for a while... i would like to get scheduling working before i look at the status screens again.