Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- juski - 2005-06-15

okees. this is all well & good folks, but i think this thread is already way overcrowded.

how about http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=128346

or

http://www.mythtv-xbox.org/phpbb....c714c83

Huh?

why? well for one thing his thread isn't searchable and it takes a very long time to go through each & every page. what are we on now? like 37 or something?! this is just crazy.

can folks start to migrate to the other places to make life easier for everyone? Wink

- frooby - 2005-06-15

wob,

i have always had issues with the samba username/password so ended up just making the livetv/recording shares open to everyone, which is why i left that part out. it's on my local lan so who am i trying to keep out? made things alot easier with this stuff, could always add it back though, wouldn't take much to make the livetvprefix a username/password field then take that to the beginning of the samba string!...

anyway, as per juski's great advice, am going to post to the mythtv-xbox.org forum as it seems more dedicated to this, and hopfully make things a little easier on a whole.

- booger bob - 2005-06-16

(drweird @ may 12 2005,13:53 Wrote:
(najt @ may 12 2005,04:51 Wrote:
(drweird @ may 12 2005,02:37 Wrote:i'm getting a new error after upgrading my mythtv box to .18. when i try to connect to recorded shows i get an error that says

['reject', '15']

if i try again, i get an error that says

'nonetype' object has not attribute 'send'

this happens on the recorded shows, program guide and upcoming shows buttons. status shows the backend status just fine and settings when i select test says the tests succeed. live tv will show me the listings, but will not connect to the video feed.
change the value of mythtv protocol in the xmbcmythtv settings. set it to current_value+1
that did it. thanks!
im haveing the same error but when i try to put current_value+1 in the protocol box it gives me an "invalid integer value specified" message

im also getting the error message "'database' object has so attribute 'conn'"

- frooby - 2005-06-16

booger bob,

try putting in '15' (whatever value is in the reject error)

- booger bob - 2005-06-16

i put 15 in and it fixed recorded shows and upcoming shows but i still cant get into live tv and program guide

i got a 10057 socket error then i get database object has no attribute conn

on my mythbox when i switch to live tv the colors are all off, anyone know what would casue this?

- madtw - 2005-06-17

(booger bob @ june 15 2005,22:58 Wrote:i put 15 in and it fixed recorded shows and upcoming shows but i still cant get into live tv and program guide

i got a 10057 socket error then i get database object has no attribute conn

on my mythbox when i switch to live tv the colors are all off, anyone know what would casue this?
the live tv and program guide screens use the mysql database for data retrieval. that is where you got the 10057 socket error. live tv will only hit the backend when you select a channel to watch. the program guide screen will hit the myth backend once you pick a show... but i haven't checked in my changes for scheduling yet.

the recorded shows and upcoming shows use the myth backend for data retrieval. that is where you were getting the ['reject','15'] error.

what you should do is go into the xbmcmythtv settings screen and click on the "test settings" button. if you don't get a message saying "settings tested successfully" then you will need to fix whatever it tells you is not working. usually this means making sure the protocol version and ports are correct for the myth backend (protocol 15 works with mythtv 0.18 and 0.18.1, protocol 14 works with mythtv 0.17 - default ports for both) and the database username, password, and ports are correct for your setup. as someone mentioned on previous pages, you may have to comment out the "skip-networking" option in /etc/mysql/my.cnf so that mysql will listen on the ports for remote connections.

fyi, the reason some screens use the database and others use the myth backend for data retrieval is that the myth protocol does not provide access to all information that is needed for the various screens. i prefer getting the data using the myth protocol but sometimes there is no backend command to retrieve the info and so the next best thing is to do a database query.

as for your problem with colors... i don't quite understand what you mean - can you clarify or post a screen shot of what you mean? do you mean that the colors on the screen don't look like the colors on the rest of the screens? or do you mean that while you are watching live tv, the colors don't look right? how did you get live tv to play if you got a socket error going into the screen?

- booger bob - 2005-06-17

when i hit watch tv the color of the video is not right, its faded and there is alot of green and some purple colors

and how would i take a scrrenshot and get it off the computer

im new to linux could you point me in the direction of a good intro to linux

- madtw - 2005-06-17

(booger bob @ june 16 2005,19:21 Wrote:when i hit watch tv the color of the video is not right, its faded and there is alot of green and some purple colors

and how would i take a scrrenshot and get it off the computer

im new to linux could you point me in the direction of a good intro to linux
hmm... you're using the myth tv frontend on linux? this forum is for helping people with problems using the python scripts for the xbox media center to access a myth tv backend remotely. if you're having general myth tv problems, i'd look for some forums dedicated to that. you can also try joining the myth tv mailing lists that can be found here.

it sounds to me like your tv tuner card may not be fully supported by the linux driver. or you may need to tweak some of the settings for your card (e.g. if the channels are not tuning in quite correctly). i'm not an expert with this stuff though... i got mine working after a lot of fiddling and haven't touched it since.

i edited the mysql file and i can access live tv on my xbox but when i get into the live tv window i get an ilist index out of range error. also in the program guide there is no date on all my chanells

- madtw - 2005-06-17

(booger bob @ june 16 2005,20:48 Wrote:i edited the mysql file and i can access live tv on my xbox but when i get into the live tv window i get an ilist index out of range error. also in the program guide there is no date on all my chanells
i'm not sure about the list index out of range error... are you running a recent version of xbmc (~ june, 2005). it could be data related as well. live tv works for me and a number of other people so this kind of report isn't really helpful unless you can provide log files with appropriate stack traces or you debug it yourself and figure out why it is failing...

where are you expecting a date? the date range is displayed at the top of the screen. the program guide information area only has times displayed above the boxes representing the shows on the various channels. this was mainly done due to screen real estate limitations. do you see no dates at all anywhere on the screen? some people initially had problems seeing guide data (e.g. they got "no data") and this was because the xbox time in the dashboard was not setup correctly. the xbox current time is used to determine what guide data to pull back initially...

in the program guide there is no data, ie show schedule its just empty, sorry typo,. ill try to put the xbox dash on my xbox when i upgraded hard drives i didnt pult it back on

- madtw - 2005-06-18

make sure you have run mythfilldatabase as well. before you do that make sure you've got your data provider, channels, etc. configured in myth. if it doesn't work in myth, it won't work on the xbox.

- booger bob - 2005-06-22

i got everything to work but when i go to live tv and click on a channel nothing happens. i can see all my listings but when i hit a on one of the shows it just sits there i\and i cannot back out

- madtw - 2005-06-23

i don't know what to say man... it could be your xbmc lan buffer/xbmcmythtv buffer settings, it could be something to do with your samba path, it could be the version of xbmc that you are using, or it could be some odd bug that you're triggering with your setup. live tv works fine here on a june 5, 2005 cvs build of xbmc...

fyi, for those interested, i have checked in some changes that allow you to create and maintain recording schedules. when viewing the program guide, if you click on a show, it'll allow you to create a new schedule to record the show. also, i have added a new button to the main screen to allow you to view existing schedules and to maintain them. the skin files look ok at 16:9/720p+ but need work at lower resolutions. i'll get around to it eventually... unless someone else submits some patches.

i'm sure there are some bugs in there to be found but i figured i might as well put this out since people were bugging me earlier for it. it took a bit longer to complete this than i had hoped. :d

- stilger - 2005-06-24

does this mean that we have to upgrade to myth 18.1 to be able to use the latest xbmcmythtv? i am still running myth 17.x with a knoppmyth install. i should be able to upgrade to the latest knoppmyth but i realy do not want to screw up my perfectly working myth box. but, if i have to it will give me a reason to upgrade. Smile