Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- mean - 2004-06-12

works fine, including non ascii chars
thanks a bunch, and i mean it Smile

- jswu - 2004-06-13

i just upgraded my mythtv box to .15.1 and my xbmc-mythtv files to .10. so far most everything is working (view recordings and play recordings). one strange thing is happening in the recorded show listings. the list of series to the left is repeating. so i am getting:

Quote:all programs
family guy
simpsons
all programs
family guy
simpsons
all programs
family guy
simpsons
etc...

is this a bug? maybe this is noticable since i currently only have 2 shows recorded. normally there would be shows from 10+ series.

thanks for all the hard work!

- madtw - 2004-06-15

(jswu @ june 13 2004,13:57 Wrote:i just upgraded my mythtv box to .15.1 and my xbmc-mythtv files to .10. so far most everything is working (view recordings and play recordings). one strange thing is happening in the recorded show listings. the list of series to the left is repeating. so i am getting:

Quote:all programs
family guy
simpsons
all programs
family guy
simpsons
all programs
family guy
simpsons
etc...

is this a bug? maybe this is noticable since i currently only have 2 shows recorded. normally there would be shows from 10+ series.

thanks for all the hard work!
yeah, that is probably a bug. i don't think i ever tested with that few recordings. the bug shouldn't affect the functionality of the screen. i'll fix it in the next release.

- grassmunk - 2004-08-10

whats the status of this? i'm interested in setting this up and im just wondering if this project is dead or if theres still development being done.

- owentl - 2004-08-15

i have tried to get this running but i keep getting the below error. anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what i can do to fix this.

traceback:
file "q:\scripts\mytvsettings.py", line 1, in ?
import gui
file "q:\python\lib\gui.py", line 410, in ?
class dialog( xbmcgui.dialog ):
attributeerror: 'module' object has no attrivute 'dialog'

the python file that i am running is python23.zlib and xbmc is from 8-7-04

- darkie - 2004-08-15

update to a later xbmc build, the build you have is missing some things in python

- davidred - 2004-08-31

after a crash course in xbmc skin design i've just added support for mytv to show up in the project mayhem skin with support for resolutions upto 720p 16:9.

can i get the contact details of the owner of the project so i can email the updates?

cheers

- inwoo - 2004-09-05

davidred: could you do an 1080i version as well?
i am using the project mayhem skin as well

- madtw - 2004-09-07

(davidred @ aug. 31 2004,03:30 Wrote:after a crash course in xbmc skin design i've just added support for mytv to show up in the project mayhem skin with support for resolutions upto 720p 16:9.

can i get the contact details of the owner of the project so i can email the updates?

cheers
great... send me the updates and i can include them in the release. the email address is in the readme file.

i just installed the september 5, 2004 build of xbmc and updated the release for the project mayhem skin. you can grab the latest release from here. instead of modifying the main screen, i just added a new entry into the submenu off the main screen. this is much easier to maintain going forward... but if you have something fancier, i have no problem including it. Smile

- inwoo - 2004-09-07

great release madtw Smile
if you need any help... i'll gladly give up some time in the coding effort to bring this to mythtv frontend like standards

- efurban - 2004-09-15

hi, i am trying to get this thing to work but i always get the "socket is not connected" error. i do have smb working fine. ( am watching movies from smb server)

xbmc_mythtv: xbmc_mythtv-0.12
mythtv ver: 0.16 (protocol: 13)
xbmc ver: 1.0.0 09-10-04

the error message i got when press "tv guide" and "recorded shows" --> 10057, socket is not connected.

"status" button works fine tho.

my xbmc_mythtv configuration:
protocol: 13
path prefix: smb://urban:[email protected]/mythtv

any help will be much appreciated.

travis

- madtw - 2004-09-16

i haven't had a chance to upgrade to mythtv 0.16 yet so it is possible that it won't work if something has changed since 0.15. the status information is pulled from the myth status port which is totally different from all other screens so it appears that nothing has changed with status but something is different on the main backend port.

the scripts have been tested with mythtv 0.15.1 (protocol 8).

if you have logging enabled in xbmc, then it might be useful to have a look at the xbmc.log file to see what the call stack was when it got the exception. you could also enable debug in the scripts if you're familiar with python code.

otherwise, you'll have to wait until i can upgrade and test the scripts using mythtv 0.16 - unless someone else has figured things out already and can post the fixes.

- efurban - 2004-09-17

ok, thank you. i'll look into the log file later tonight.

- madtw - 2004-09-17

i upgraded to mythtv 0.16 this evening and have uploaded a new version of the scripts. i haven't done a whole lot of testing but it appears to be working. you can grab it from the usual place. oddly enough, this release is version 0.13 that coincides with myth protocol version 13 that is supported by the latest mythtv. Wink

- mapryan - 2004-09-19

hi,

i just re-installed using the latest myth (0.16) and everything works great. thanks for all the hard work, and if there's anything i can do from the pal side (or even anything else?) then just let me know

cheers

mike