Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- LarryLeffa - 2004-09-26

(madtw @ sep. 17 2004,06:25 Wrote:i upgraded to mythtv 0.16 this evening and have uploaded a new version of the scripts. i haven't done a whole lot of testing but it appears to be working. you can grab it from the usual place. oddly enough, this release is version 0.13 that coincides with myth protocol version 13 that is supported by the latest mythtv. Wink
@madtv:
damn good job! this is exactly what i'm looking for! :bowdown:
using mythtv 0.16 as standalone-server, xbmc cvs and your xmbc_mythtv-0.13 here...working great!

what about translations? i'm working now on german translation for your xbmc_mythtv. any plans to integrate language specific subdirs for the next version?

will post when done translating... think, i'm done this afternoon (gmt+1)...

-
larry

- LarryLeffa - 2004-09-26

just to let you know that translation to german language is finished (so far). had to include some very small changes to design.

grab it here:
xbmc_mythtv-0.13.01.tar.bz2

-
larry

- madtw - 2004-09-29

(larryleffa @ sep. 26 2004,12:23 Wrote:just to let you know that translation to german language is finished (so far). had to include some very small changes to design.
thanks. i grabbed the file. i need to go through the code and change all hard coded text to do language lookups using xbmc.getlocalizedstring(). that's the proper way to do translations so that the code doesn't need to be modified. your translations will be useful for creating a german language file.

- madtw - 2004-09-30

fyi... made a small bug fix. if you have problems quitting out of some screens (i.e. it doesn't let you go to the previous screen by hitting back), grab the latest version from the usual place.

- ArtVandelay3 - 2004-10-02

what is the secret to getting a host value to 'stick' in settings? i can change/modify all the other values, but no matter what i put in host, it's always blank when i open settings back up. also tried putting it in the mytvsettings.py file, but it's still blank when i run the script and go to settings.

i completely wiped out xbmc, and reinstalled it from the version avalaunch installs for you (1.0 (05.09)), so i'm assuming this is the september 5th release? running mythtv version 16 (so protocol 13, right?)

i've installed xebian and mythtv frontend on my xbox already (so i know the connectivity to my backend works), but if i can avoid that one minute bootup and just use xbmc that would be great. well, i can watch them now using xbmc, but it's hard figuring out the show you want to watch with file names like 1047_20040930223000_20040930230000.nuv!

thanks for any help on this...

- madtw - 2004-10-02

that's odd... no one else has reported this problem. when you hit the back button on the controller or menu button on the controller, the settings screen writes out the settings to a file called mytv.xml in the xbmc application directory. if that isn't working then you can create the config file yourself and ftp it into the directory. here is a sample to help you get started:

Quote:<mytv>
<host>yourhost</host>
<database>mythconverg</database>
<port>3306</port>
<user>mythtv</user>
<password>mythtv</password>
<mythtvport>6543</mythtvport>
<mythtvstatusport>6544</mythtvstatusport>
<mythtvprotocol>13</mythtvprotocol>
<pathprefix>smb://%h/mythtv</pathprefix>
<localcopypath>e:\videos\</localcopypath>
</mytv>

yes, mythtv 0.16 uses protocol 13, 0.15 uses protocol 8.

[edit] if you are running mythtv_xbmc-0.13, there was a close screen bug that might have caused an exception to be thrown so that the config file couldn't be saved. if you're using 0.14, then this sounds like a new problem.

- s_jo03 - 2004-10-02

i have been using happily version 12 with mythtv 0.15 for some time now. however since the last three days, selecting 'recorded shows' or 'tv guide' returns an error popup 'time data did not match format: data=2400- '. selecting status works ok.

mythfrontend on linux works correctly.

thinking about a corrupted database, i have manually cleaned the database of any guide and shows data and ran mythfilldatabase again. still same error.

i'm fine to upgrade to 0.16 and the latest xbmc_mythtv version, but does anybody think it will fix this ?

pointers or suggestions to debug would be appreciated!

- madtw - 2004-10-02

i think if you upgrade that you won't have those problems anymore. after upgrading to myth tv 0.16, i had date format errors as well so i ended up making some changes to the scripts. however, those changes only take effect if the protocol version is >= 13 because myth tv 0.15 seemed to be working fine.

- ArtVandelay3 - 2004-10-02

ahh...i didn't know about the mytv.xml file!  mine looked like this:
Quote:<mytv>
<host />
<database>mythconverg</database>
...snip...

so i guess the host line got messed up somehow.  i know i didn't manually edit it, but perhaps i screwed it up by going into the other .py files or something.  anyway, i deleted it, went back to settings and fixed everything, and now it works just fine.  thanks for the assistance!

oh, and great work!  this script is very cool.  now i can save the 2.5gb or so of hd space that my xebian/mythtv frontend setup takes up on my xboxes.  this will be especially handy on the one with the stock hard drive (for xbox live access).

- LarryLeffa - 2004-10-03

(madtw @ sep. 29 2004,02:37 Wrote:thanks. i grabbed the file. i need to go through the code and change all hard coded text to do language lookups using xbmc.getlocalizedstring(). that's the proper way to do translations so that the code doesn't need to be modified. your translations will be useful for creating a german language file.
well, if you need any further assistence/help for translating to german language (ie rewriting, completing, ...) just drop me a mail. will begin work quickly then.

we're using your "plugin" day-by-day now. it's so easy and clearly now using xbmc to view/manage the mythtv-recordings; specially for my girlfriend.

again, thanks for your work!

- xerxes3rd - 2004-10-12

madtw: great job! i've been hoping for some mythtv support from xbmc for a while now.

i've been thinking more about the possibility of watching live tv from xbmc. i too have an ivtv-supported card, and could also symlink /dev/video, but as you mentioned earlier, there are some serious drawbacks to doing so. i started looking at how mythfrontend does it, and i believe they use a ring buffer to play the video from. this can be observed by watching for a .nuv file to be created when you start watching live tv from mythfronted.

i then started looking for ring buffer support in mplayer, and came across this page. it describes ring buffers, and provides patches for mplayer which enable such support.

the only thing i'm unsure about is which part of myth creates the ring buffer- the front end or the back end. if the back end creates the ring buffer, it'd be simple to implement a live tv function. if the front end handles the creation of the ring buffer, then i think we'll have to wait for some more features from xbmc.

lastly, i was stepping though some of the xbmc souce, and looking for ways to add python hooks for the osd, so channel numbers could be displayed (this looks promising). as far as changing channels goes, however, i'm unsure about one thing: if a video is playing, and the user presses a key on the remote, does the script's button callback method get called? if not, then channel changing would be a little more difficult.

- commio - 2004-10-13

could someone please explain to me what exactly mythtv is? yes im a bit of a n00bie but it sounds like im missing out on such an exciting script.. which i dont even know what it does!

- sigtom - 2004-10-18

google mythtv, theres your answer.

- KaZeR - 2004-10-20

hi there.

first of all, thanks ohhhh thanks for this script. mythtv is awesome, but booting xebian just for watching recorded shows is really annoying... now there's a solution Smile

anyhow, i still have a little problem using it (but it doesn't seems to be xbmc myth related).

if i try to watch a recorded show, at best i have some weird sounds that is video sound with some extra noise. at worst, it doesn't do anything.

i got this if i try to launch a show from xbmc myth, but it does the same if i launch directly the file from the smb share from the video selection... i double checked, nuv files are associated with video (i run xbmc 1.1.0, latest available from avalaunch, mplayer 1.0pre5-3.3.3 of 2004/10/17)

any clue?

thanks in advance, and thanks one more time for this wonderfull feature.

- choid99 - 2004-10-20

hi,

i had this problem a while back. i narrowed it down to the fact that mplayer doesn't support the current .nuv files that are generated by the latest version of mythtv. i did spot a supposed patch for mplayer to fix this but i could not get it to work.

how did i get around this? what i did was spend my money on a hauppage pvr 350 tv card. with this card mythtv records .nuv files that are viewable in mplayer. how come? well, because the pvr 350 actually creates an mpeg file and mythtv just renames it as a .nuv. mplayer is clever enough to work out that the file is really a plain mpeg file and plays it.

hope this helps, took me ages to work all this out !!