Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Tuxbox Enigma Stream Client (Enigma / Enigma2 Based Dreambox & Dbox2) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Tuxbox Enigma Stream Client (Enigma / Enigma2 Based Dreambox & Dbox2) (/showthread.php?tid=23834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- CopyCounsler - 2008-09-25

VDRfan Wrote:Just fixed some streaming issues on enigma based devices in revision 15653. This will (hopefully) also fix the annoying choppy sound and artifacts while streaming. Would be nice if you guys could test this and report back if it`s also fixed for you.

Note: Dm500 users will most likely still have problems due to the crappy network performance of this box.

SUCCESS! Here is my log for those interested: http://pastebin.com/mf5e1184.

Using DVD Player: http://pastebin.com/m2787620a. Unsuccessful this route.

I've noticed that the audio is still -0.2 ms off. I don't suppose there is any way to fix this too? I am fine with this as my default video setting but it would be nice to have that default at 0.0...

I am just happy to have XBMC as my DM500 interface. No more DBox2Tv scripts! And it is girlfriend approved! (very tough with this kind of stuff)

Copy

PS. Everyone needs to buy VDRfan a beer for this one!

- mkortstiege - 2008-09-25

Glad to hear that it's working now Smile

No idea why there's a -0.2 ms audio delay, but i think you won't notice it. You should also checkout the updated FileItem.cpp to get rid of those fanart related errors.

Quote:PS. Everyone needs to buy VDRfan a beer for this one!
Feel free to donate Wink

- CopyCounsler - 2008-09-25

After playing with it for a few hours, I've noticed a few things:

1. If you stop the stream with the red button, it will always change the channel. If you use the blue button to allow the stream to continue while you change channels, it will freeze. (big deal)

2. If a channel has secondary audio, this will select that stream over the first. Setting the first as default will remove the audio completely on the beginning of a stream. (forcing you to select the first audio stream manually)

3. Plicons don't seem to "go"

Number 2 is the most annoying. I will get a log together later.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Copy

- mkortstiege - 2008-09-25

Created a ticket for those outstanding bugs. Please attach the xbmc.log to the ticket (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4986). Thanks

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/15691 - mkortstiege - 2008-09-27

CopyCounsler Wrote:2. If a channel has secondary audio, this will select that stream over the first. Setting the first as default will remove the audio completely on the beginning of a stream. (forcing you to select the first audio stream manually)
Should be fixed r15691

CopyCounsler Wrote:3. Plicons don't seem to "go"
What kind of picons do you use? Just place a copy of the picons folder provided by t3ch in your userdata folder and report back.

- CopyCounsler - 2008-09-27

VDRfan Wrote:Should be fixed r15691

IT IS!

VDRfan Wrote:What kind of picons do you use? Just place a copy of the picons folder provided by t3ch in your userdata folder and report back.

Tried that. It seems to be the old folder icons and not the tuxbox icon as a default even - so I'm going to delete the user settings and start fresh and report back.

---

Other things. Something that would make this PERFECT - and something it has been missing for a long time is proper cache settings. I can't seem to lock on to any cache setting to increase the cache (seen by the black? button at the top of the screen) - it seems to hover around 10-15% then jump way down and even quit on intense action or similar. (credits will kill it too)

So. The million (in yen) dollar question. How do I increase the cache on this stream to like a billion bytes?

I am so excited by the progress! Keep up the good work VDRfan! I would consider this 99% completed once the cache settings are located and increased. 100% would include the ability to save the stream off.... Wink

Copy

ps. donated 50 - last time I gave out money like that was to winamp back in version 1.something

- mkortstiege - 2008-09-28

CopyCounsler Wrote:Other things. Something that would make this PERFECT - and something it has been missing for a long time is proper cache settings. I can't seem to lock on to any cache setting to increase the cache (seen by the black? button at the top of the screen) - it seems to hover around 10-15% then jump way down and even quit on intense action or similar. (credits will kill it too)

So. The million (in yen) dollar question. How do I increase the cache on this stream to like a billion bytes?
What exactly do you mean with proper cache settings and the black button?

CopyCounsler Wrote:ps. donated 50 - last time I gave out money like that was to winamp back in version 1.something
Thanks!! Nod

- CopyCounsler - 2008-09-28

VDRfan Wrote:What exactly do you mean with proper cache settings and the black button?

If I push the black button on the Xbox remote, I can see cache %, fps and other relative live information. The fps is about 2 frames below the actual rate. Cache % starts around 15% and will drop and stop the stream on action scenes. All the Cache settings found in the settings menu (internet, dvd, hard drive, etc) that I have set do not seem to affect this number. The question is: Is there any way to increase the cache buffer on the XBOX with this stream?

VDRfan Wrote:Thanks!! Nod

No problem!

Copy

- slashpuppy97 - 2008-09-28

hi guys,

i have just the same problems with my tuxbox in xbmc as it is explaind in this thread. (streaming from dreambox600 -> xbox)

But how do i use the new TuxboxUtil.cpp. I cant find the folder in XBMC where i should put it. i have also tried to start the file from filemanager in xbmc but it dont work. Do anyone have the time to explain how i should install the .cpp file in XBMC?

Sorry if my english is bad and if this is a stupid question (im a newbie).
But big THANKS for the great work you guys do with the worlds best mediacenter... XBMC!
//slash

- CopyCounsler - 2008-09-29

pm me and I'll show you where to get a xbox copy with all these wonderful tuxbox toys...

Copy

edit: ps. you have to compile the .cpp to create the binaries for the xbox to recognize, meaning you can't just copy that file to the xbox...

and the legal mumbo prevents me from just giving you a copy of this for the xbox. But I know somewhere that it may still be available...

- mkortstiege - 2008-10-03

CopyCounsler Wrote:1. If you stop the stream with the red button, it will always change the channel. If you use the blue button to allow the stream to continue while you change channels, it will freeze. (big deal)
Fixed in SVN revision 15750.

CopyCounsler Wrote:3. Plicons don't seem to "go"
Picons will show up here, please test again and create a new trac ticket if its still not working for you (remember to attach a proper debug log).

- spoone - 2008-10-04

hi folks,

nice to see some progress!!!

just wanted to let you know that the "tuxbox"-client AND the "dbox2TVnew"-script (which can be found on xbmcscripts.com) are both working for me and my setup.
i am using an old dbox2 which has a crappy network performance as well.
the image i am using is the (latest) powerboard enigma image as suggested by GeminiServer some time ago. they have a dreambox version of their image as well (or in the first place...).
the xbmc version is the latest tech release and, on my other xbox, a very old xbmc version. (don't remember buildnumber; i'm not at home)
i had a problem as well over the last months but i don't think it had something to do with xbmc.
whenever i tried to stream it worked for two minutes (quality was fine though; no pixelization or crappy sound) and then the stream stopped. that was annoying, i can tell. (my girlfriend too!!!)
so, what i did was change the emu (from cccam to mgcamd) that was running on my dbox2 as well as switch off one or two processes ("videotextcaching" and "show remaining time") through the enigma image settings menu.
since then it is up and running again, as i said, for both ways, the python-script and the tuxbox-source under videos in xbmc.
cache starts ok at 70% most of the time (tested with star wars, which was on tv a few days ago) and falls slowly. the worst cache performance was a bit under 30%. to be honest, i experienced one stop because of crappy networkperfomance leading to an empty cache but i watched the whole movie and after the movie i did leave the channel running for one or two hours and it didn't stop again the whole time.
so, maybe you should stop some processes on your boxes?
i don't think that any dreambox has such crappy networkperformance or processing power as the old dbox2, but who knows...

as that works again i only have one wish:
would be great to be able to record through the tuxbox client!
then i wouldn't need the script for recording anymore and it would be easy as hell for my girlfriend too.
if anyone would accomplish that, i'd be willing to throw a party (like donating some beer tooWink)!

greetings to everyone,
spoone

- mkortstiege - 2008-10-04

I don't think this will happen to the current tuxbox client integrated into XBMC.
Once we left the current feature freeze XBMC will get a unified pvr frontend system (see GSoC - Unified PVR Frontend) which will hopefully make it to a "überfrontend" when its finished Smile

- Spankybottle1 - 2008-10-19

Has anyone got the dreambox-tv 0.39 script working??
I'm using zapstream so have configured the port as 31344, I have correct IP, UName,Pwd and it starts to connect but fails every time. I'm using Jade and also the latest XBMC from T3ch... I DID have it working a long time ago on Garnet and an older xbmc release and not using zapstream but that was over 6 month ago and it was flakey without zapstream.
Has anyone updated this plugin since GeminiServer put it out (great idea GS btw) and got it working.
I can't add a tuxbox source, well I can add it but it doesn't work either..

But... I can add a playlist entry and it streams perfectly!!!! But you need to stop the stream before changing channels and that means turning on the plassy each time.
Would love to use the plug-in to change channels - the xbox is in the rumpus room.

Big thanx in advance you you.
-S

- tredman - 2008-11-21

Crocodile Wrote:I made a patch for the linux version to make tuxbox client work. it's much better

Apply my patch and got video and add source.. choose browse and select tuxbox client instead of SMB. Then add IP user/pw to the dreambox and bom, you can now browse and play your favorite channels. Much better then going via firefox I think.

Patch is located at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...54&atid=581840

Let me know if it works for you

Can you repost the patch - doesn't seem to be on sourceforge anymore.

Anyone finally got this to work? Streaming via the Tuxbox Client works perfectly (and quickly) on XBMC for Xbox