Kodi Community Forum
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. (/showthread.php?tid=23969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- spiff - 2007-02-03

which should go to tell yah all;

nbs = the suck.

don't grab their stuff. they should be granted a global ban.

- Maverick-DBZ- - 2007-02-04

LOL well I think it's been established long ago that no ones likes that group. And it's not even just there stupid encoding it's there glitchy caping as well.

Anyhow thanks for answering my question pike. Cool

gamepc there's no need to copy the file to the Xbox HD. Just unrar the file and turn off the cache. Works great sometimes but it isn't perfect on every file. Sad

The current build I'm using works great and it even plays some H.264 encodes that only use to play audio only. There is a problem though after playing a few video files regardless or format the audio would no longer work after moving to play another file. Eek Very odd so I restarted and everything worked fine until the problem came back after doing the same thing. So for now I just reverted back to the old mplayer. Big Grin

- ddotdallas - 2007-02-04

Had to sign up to the forum to give you guys thanks for all the work you've put in here. I primarily watch anime fansubs with XBMC and a lot of the fansub groups are moving towards h.264/mkv encodes which I previously could not watch. With the new mplayer.dll everything is running sweet. Amazing stuff

Cheers!

Non-interleaved video causes stuttering, coppy playback or out-of-sync audio in video - Gamester17 - 2007-02-04

Note! Problems with non-interleaved video files are nothing new and not the fault of the new nor the old MPlayer:
- I got one or several AVI files that plays choppy and/or ends in the middle of playback, what could be the cause?
- I got one or several AVI files that plays with the audio and video out-of-sync, what could be the cause?
Quote:When playback of AVI files (containing a video format like XviD or DivX) is stuttering, or if the audio is out-of-sync with the video (like when an actor speaks and the lips do not synchronize with the sound), it in 90% of the files is caused by a poorly or wrongly interleaved file. You check this by temporarly enabling "No Cache" in Video OSD Settings in XBMC to test if the file plays better then, (note that enabling "No Cache" is only a temporary workaround for testing only, you should not leave the "No Cache" setting enabled for permanent use). The issue can be permanently resolved by RE-MUXING the AVI video-files that have this problem by using a tool like VirtualDub or AVIMux-GUI. In 5% of the files stuttering and choppy playback is caused by a bad/corrupt container/video/audio header or a VBR MP3 Header, in these cases a simple RE-MUXING is not enough, instead you must decode the audio-stream to PCM during a first-pass RE-MUX and then do another second-pass RE-MUX from the new file to encode the audio-stream to MP3 but instead of MP3 VBR as the original probebly was, encode to MP3 CBR, (the AVI container was never designed to hold MP3 VBR which is why you should always use MP3 CBR in AVI files).

To use VirtualDub on your Windows computer to re-mux, open the AVI file in VirtualDub then select "Direct-Stream" for both the video and audio which saves a new fixed file. Since VirtualDub creates a new header (internal-index), it usually also automaticly fixes any problems with bad/corrupt headers as well. If the problem is due to a bad/corrupt container/video/audio header or a VBR MP3 Header (which VirtualDub usually give a pop-up message stating when you open the file), then to fix that you must use VirtualDub to first fully uncompress the audio-stream to PCM (only process audio, Direct-Stream the video) saving to a new AVI file, then open that new file and do another RE-MUX to recompress the uncompressed PCM-audio to the MP3 CBR format with the bit-rate of your choise, (again just leave the video as Direct-Stream, to only process the audio), by first uncompressing the audio you will any A/V sync-problem caused by MP3 VBR (MP3 Verial Bit Rate). In the other 5% of the times the cause is a poorly encoding audio or video stream, there is no simple solution to this, we suggest you visit sites like doom9.net, videohelp.com or avsforum.com for information and support/help with such.

Additional information: AVI stands for "Audio Video Interleaved" which means the audio and video files are mixted into the AVI file, (like 32Kb video, then 32Kb audio, then 32Kb video, then 32Kb audio, and so on). Bad interleaving means that a file has been improperly interleaved or not interleaved at all, meaning the file probebely has all the video-stream first inside the and then comes all of the audio-stream (or vice versa), this cuases the player to have to seek back and forth between the video-stream and the video-stream instead of just reading them in a kronological order. Microsoft's Windows Media Player in the Windows operating-system is much more lenient than MPlayer with corrupt/bad or poorly/incorrecly interleaved AVI-files, (aftyer all, Microsoft did invented the AVI format)
Now you know that non-interleaved files are bad, and not meant to be, so fix them yourself permenently.

- krl69 - 2007-02-04

Okey, the conclusion is: A Xbox has not the CPU power to run AVI with bad interleave, specially HD avi's!

But another strange problem with the 2007-01-31 build of the Mplayer: When I run MPG files, XBMC stops after about 7-8 minutes then I have to ffwd to the last position and I advances 7-8 minutes further in the movie file. If I copy the "original" Mplayer.dll from the XBMC SVN from 2007-02-01, the problem is gone!

MKV files work with the T3CH test - Eagle7894 - 2007-02-04

My xbox responds better with the new T3CH release.. They released a Test folder which contains new updated MPlayer.dll.. When I copied over the new ones.. All my MKV files played smooth... But the mpeg problem is still not fixed.. I recommend you start testing with T3CH release... And hopefully a new update will be hear soon..

- krl69 - 2007-02-04

I'm using the latest T3CH build and without the mplayer.dll from the test folder, MPG's runs okey, but with it, it stops after 7-8minutes...

- hibaby - 2007-02-08

hibaby Wrote:So sorry for uploading the sample file for a long time.
You can get the test rmvb file in the following url
http://www.badongo.com/file/2142748

This file has two sound tracks,as it can works well in the old mplayer version,but not in the newest build.
Also it can't play directly but need to choice the play as funtcion to play.

eplus ,have confirm this problem?

- k-pax - 2007-02-09

krl69 Wrote:I'm using the latest T3CH build and without the mplayer.dll from the test folder, MPG's runs okey, but with it, it stops after 7-8minutes...

I see the simular behavior when I run .mpg`s. Its some kind of memory leak going on cause xbmc looses approximately 50kb each second the .mpg is playing. (to it finaly runs out of memory and stops)

- gronne - 2007-02-09

Wow!! Haven't tried much yet, but there's a lot of potential in this mplayer-verison!! I read h264-playback was improved, so I tried a file that earlier ran at 16fps, and now flawless!!! I really hope you nail down the bugs people seem to have and then this will make it possible to run acceptable 264-files for quite some while!!! Thanks a lot!

- liutuanjie - 2007-02-09

I tried this new mplayer.dll on T3CH stable build (Nov. 2006) and got problems with some RMVB files. Yesterday I upgraded to the latest T3CH build (Feb 2007) and tried again. Problems are gone.

- MartinC - 2007-02-10

Is the GPU in use for decoding files yet or are these all software Xbox optimizations?

- pike - 2007-02-10

it's still only code (CPU) optimizations

- jepper - 2007-02-12

is it possible to use the gpu for it?
or do they already use it

OT:
great work, im playing the h264 files fine Smile

- pike - 2007-02-12

possible ? most likely...
doable ? feel free!