Kodi Community Forum
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. (/showthread.php?tid=23969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- gronne - 2007-02-18

Woooow!!! This is major news!!
I assume you don't want to talk about ETA's, but maybe you can answer if you're going to release this version of core you've managed to get working now, or if you'll wait and see if Betaboy can get the 1.2-version to work?

Major news nonetheless!!! Great work!

- hibaby - 2007-02-19

elupus Wrote:almost 20% faster, not enough for the quicktime trailers i've tried thou.
elupus:
Have you confirm the channel problem?

- elupus - 2007-02-19

nope not yet, got to engulfed in the coreavc stuff Smile. doubt betaboy will help us much in that matter. I have a feel, he's abit hesitant given our way of distributing xbmc (or lack of therof). We have to agree on how to store licencing info, so it can't be distributed along with xbmc.

- Asteron - 2007-02-19

Wow getting coreavc into xbmc is fantastic news. That would easily allow us to squeeze another year or two out of the box Smile

- gronne - 2007-02-19

that's what I'm thinking Smile I use my xbox A LOT, and 95% (at least) is spent on xbmc, and the only thing I really feel lacking(reasonably) is "full" support for 264. There's heaps of h.264's that almost work fully now, but would need another 10% speed-boost.

Elupus: Is there a chance you may not release it due to a conflict with Betaboy's financial interests?

- finas - 2007-02-19

Elupus: I hope you can work it out with betaboy.
I bought a licence a month ago for core pocketplayer, by far the best media player for pda's with wm5. I really don't know if I can use that licence or not, but I would certainly buy another one to get some stuff going on the xbox. Maybe a solution would be a menu were you can fill in the licence details?!

In the end, all this feels a little stange, because, here I am willing to pay for a corecodec licence, and never bothered to help xbmc with a donation ( I'm going to fix that right now Smile )

either way, good luck with betaboy.

- ultrabrutal - 2007-02-19

Thumps up Elupus! Great work indeed!

CoreAVC info

"CoreAVC™ Professional Edition*
- GPU support (to be added**)
** GPU scheduled to be added at a later date"

Very interresting. This might be the road to GPU assisted decoding of hidef x264 content.
I still dream of a day where XBMC plays back my HD-DVD/Bluray backups from harddrive/netdrive Wink

- elupus - 2007-02-19

i'll probably add the neccessary code to mplayer.dll, as that isn't really specific to coreavc. that won't provide the dll with the licence info thou, as that is emulated in xbmc. will see when he get's back to me.

- Asteron - 2007-02-20

Was Betaboy interested in setting XBMC up with a site licence that we all can pitch in towards or should we go about getting it individually? I tried checking the terms on his site but it appears to be down now.

- ultrabrutal - 2007-02-20

GPU as co-processor

Maybe this can be used for video decoding in mplayer etc?

- Solo0815 - 2007-02-20

^^^ unfortunately the SDK is only for GF8x00 Series, but maybe this can help:
http://openvidia.sourceforge.net/

- hibaby - 2007-02-21

hibaby Wrote:elupus can play directly in my latest build 070213.
But the problem that has is this rmvb has two sound track,whitch has two different language.With old mplayer build it can works well,but even if I use build the newest mplayer build 070214,it still can heard the left sound track wether you choice left,right or steroe.
Can you check for this?
Elupus:
Rmvb issue has been confirmed?

- ultrabrutal - 2007-02-21

solo, ok damn. but that does not mean that the GPU of the Geforce3/4 in the Xbox cannot be used for decoding HD content on our old beloved box Wink
OpenVidia looks promising

- elupus - 2007-02-21

hibaby:

yes ive been able to reproduce it. it is however as broken in windows mplayer. the issue is with the cook decoder in libavcodec (it's new). if you force mplayer to use the external dll (add ac=racookwin to a .conf file) it plays as the old mplayer.

err.. or atleast it would have had I not forgot to update the raaudio decoder after updating the ra demuxer.

- elupus - 2007-02-22

hibaby:
was fixed by ffmpeg devs a whle back, so i've updated to that version.