Kodi Community Forum
Clearity Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Clearity Skin (/showthread.php?tid=24001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

- M.D. - 2007-01-31

fdrzrich Wrote:Updated today, does seem to have fixed the video problem. Thing is I dont think I had it until I switched from Clearity to another skin then back... Guess I wont be switching again!!Rolleyes

No, I don't think this build on Jan. 31 has fixed this stopping-video-freeze problem. I tried it and XBMC still freezes every time when I stop playing a video, no matter it's on 0116 XBMC or 0124 XBMC. My desktop is always 720P and video playing at 1080i. Jan. 25 Clearity build performs just fine though.

Also, I feel XBMC freezes more often when playing a video (not just stopping a video) using recent builds of Clearity. I found out Clearity builds later than 0123 use 5 or 6 MB more memeroy, the free memory is only 17 - 19 MB on 720P mode, using same set of wallpapers, while it was 23 -24 MB free before. Is it possible that this is a reason to cause more freezes?

- RequimForMe - 2007-01-31

Just took at the changlog. I don't really see anything that could correct the freezing problem. I couldn't really actually find anything in the code which could explain the freezing problem either. I'm updating my SVN right now and I'll see what happens.

- M.D. - 2007-01-31

Looking forward to that.

Yah this new release didn't fix the issue, it still freezes during the stopping of videos. I myself believed that it's an issue of the skin taking up too much memory was he problem.

BTW does anyone have the older revision right before the freezing problem, that they could upload for me. I had that one working perfectly but deleted it by accident when I updated. Now all I have is the revision before that one and it has a few bugs in it which were fixed.

Hmmm... Anyone else have any ideas about what could be causing the freezes that doesn't include memory usage. I'm thinking it's not the memory because in the older revisions when the skin animations were enabled everything worked fine. Now, in this revision it freezes unless everythings turned off, including the skin animations. Also, when everythings off, If I hit X the movie can still play in the background which uses a lot of system resources and memory, without crashing.

- Msan - 2007-01-31

RequimForMe Wrote:Hmmm... Anyone else have any ideas about what could be causing the freezes that doesn't include memory usage. I'm thinking it's not the memory because in the older revisions when the skin animations were enabled everything worked fine. Now, in this revision it freezes unless everythings turned off, including the skin animations. Also, when everythings off, If I hit X the movie can still play in the background which uses a lot of system resources and memory, without crashing.

Still sounds like a memory issue to me.. Once you turn off everything (thats my default) everything runs ok.. I'll play with it under debug mode and see what I can find once I get home..

- RequimForMe - 2007-02-01

Chi3f from Xbox-Scene mentioned maybe there was a problem in the VideoFullScreen.xml file... I havn't really looked at that yet so I'm not gonna say anything about it as of now.

For now everyone that's been having this problem I'm gonna re-up the revision from the 24th that I just found on my computer, which was before the freezing problem. You can just use that in the meantime until a fixed release is out. I also changed the code so that you can see through the seekbar and I added a few backgrounds under: CLEARITY/MEDIA/BG. Also, I just made up a quick animation real quick so if you go to: SKIN OPTIONS/OTHER OPTIONS/ ENABLE BG ANIMATION you should be able to see just a quick clip I made of a car driving by in the background [it's a little choppy didn't mean for it to be perfect so no flaming].

Clearity[Jan24]

- Smokehead - 2007-02-01

The VideoFullscreen crash is fixed by jmarshall in XBMC SVN, it was caused by the windowclose animation that some controls had in that xml.

- Msan - 2007-02-01

Well, I just did some experiments... I have to have XBMC in 1080i because my TV can't handle 720p..

Average free Memory with Clearity: 13MB (all animations turned off)
Average free Memory with PMIII: 18MB (animation off)

I actually have to switch back to PMIII for now, because some of my Videos will not play since there is not enough free memory left Sad

I still don't understand why it would use 5MB more then PMIII

I can't wait till the new t3ch release comes out so I can try out this new revision. Great work on the skin btw Smoke.
Is it just in this new revision that memory has become a problem because I just checked the stats in the Jan24 revision and its telling me i have 32/64MB free.

- M.D. - 2007-02-01

Smokehead Wrote:The VideoFullscreen crash is fixed by jmarshall in XBMC SVN, it was caused by the windowclose animation that some controls had in that xml.

But I only found out the 0127 & 0131 builds of Clearity causes 0116 & 0124 XMBC to freeze, earlier builds before 0125 and PM III are just fine on the same versions of XBMC.

Yep that's why I re-uped a modified copy of Clearity build 0124 lower down on the page so people like me who have the latest XBMC T3CH rev7731 release wouldn't miss out on some of the great effects Clearity has while they're waiting for the new build of XBMC. Clearity Build 0124

- M.D. - 2007-02-01

I'm using XBMC 0116, don't see much feature difference than 0124. 0124 responds very slowly on the shutdown menu, the "dashboard", "restart" and "restart XBMC" buttons take more than 10 seconds to respond!

- tslayer - 2007-02-01

M.D. Wrote:I'm using XBMC 0116, don't see much feature difference than 0124. 0124 responds very slowly on the shutdown menu, the "dashboard", "restart" and "restart XBMC" buttons take more than 10 seconds to respond!

Those have all been fixed and due to UPNP. Get a new SVN build.

And as Smokehead has mentioned, the hang on video stop with animations enabled has been fixed in SVN.

Both these issues are XBMC SVN.

- krl69 - 2007-02-01

Anyone have a SVN(compiledI) daily link site for XBMC?