Kodi Community Forum
Clearity Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Clearity Skin (/showthread.php?tid=24001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

- ultrabrutal - 2007-03-04

sometimes things like real life comes in the way. the good thing about svn is that anyone can continue the work if they have the skills Smile

- MajorTom - 2007-03-04

I noticed that smokehead hadn't posted here or on xbox-scene for a good while and posted a thread to that effect over at xbox-scene. Jezz X said that he has been in touch with smokehead and that he is fine. He's just been real busy of late by the sound of things. I expect when time allows he will begin updating the skin again so I wouldn't worry too much.

- marv - 2007-03-04

M.D. Wrote:Hi, marv. I have the same need as you on the My Videos location.

I'm not good at editing xml files. I thought I figured out after reading your post. I did the changes on 2 values under <control type="buttonscroller" id="300"> in the home.xml files in Pal & Pal16x9 folders.

1. Change <posx>-345</posx> to <posx>-545</posx>;
2. Change <defaultbutton>4</defaultbutton> to <defaultbutton>5</defaultbutton>

But nothing changed on the home screen after I restart XBMC!

Please let me know what I did wrong. Thanks.

Ummmm... I'm certainly no expert either, so I'm not sure what the issue could be to be honest. I'm pretty sure they're the only changes I made - apart from also reordering the code also to make the first button in the code the videos button (id=5):

Code:
    <buttons>
    <button id="5">
        <description>My Videos</description>
        <label>3</label>
        <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</onclick>
        <icon>105</icon>
    </button>
    etc

but I didn't think this was what had made the difference so I didn't note it.

I don't think this should make a difference, because I don't think the build.bat process changes the xml files at all, but maybe try editing the code in the svn folder, then re-run the build.bat to rebuild the skin, rather than editing the already built files...

I'll try to PM you the content of my home.xml files.

- M.D. - 2007-03-05

Thanks, marv. Please find my email address in your pm.

- M.D. - 2007-03-05

It looks Smokehead is back and the skin is updated to 538 on Mar. 4.

But the "Add Source" function still doesn't work 'cause the "OK" button couldn't be focused there, despite in the changelog:

0136 - 08-02-2007 - Fixed: Some more log errors.. like controls that couldn't be focused and that kind of stuff.

- M.D. - 2007-03-07

Thanks for your detailed email, marv. I have no idea re-ordering buttons on home screen is so easy before you show me how. Also it solved your needs too.

I hope you don't mind I share your code. I think maybe they're helpful for other people as well.

Actually no changes on values or anything are made, except to re-order them in the home.xml.

Following code will put home buttons in this order: My Videos, My Music, My Files, My Pictures, My Programs, Weather, Settings & Skin Options.

Code:
<buttons>

<button id="5">
  <description>My Videos</description>
  <label>3</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</onclick>
  <icon>105</icon>
</button>

<button id="4">
  <description>My Music</description>
  <label>2</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</onclick>
  <icon>103</icon>
</button>

<button id="2">
  <description>My Files</description>
  <label>7</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyFiles)</onclick>
  <icon>106</icon>
</button>

<button id="3">
  <description>My Pictures</description>
  <label>1</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</onclick>
  <icon>104</icon>
</button>

<button id="1">
  <description>My Programs</description>
  <label>0</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</onclick>
  <icon>102</icon>
</button>

<button id="6">
  <description>Weather</description>
  <label>8</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
  <icon>107</icon>
</button>

<button id="7">
  <description>Settings</description>
  <label>5</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
  <icon>109</icon>
</button>

<button id="8">
  <description>Settings</description>
  <label>Skin Options</label>
  <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(56)</onclick>
  <icon>110</icon>
</button>

</buttons>

- marv - 2007-03-07

Well, credit for this really has to go to manturafs. He first suggested it to me here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=126802&postcount=381, which I tried but couldn't get to work (I must have done something wrong) so tried other methods. Then I realised that it had worked all along, so sorry for any confusion, but at least we all know how to switch button positions now!

a few suggestions... - Livin - 2007-03-13

Smoke,
I've been watching this project grow and it has really turned into something great.

I'm considering switching from PM3 (mod'd moderately) but have a few things I'd like to see first, if you will indulge...

Utilize empty Home screen space better
- have slideshow in center of screen under the buttons (just empty now if additional options not shown).
- display weather and time/date. Here's a shot of how I did it with PM3 and kept the spacial integrity...

- Asteron - 2007-03-15

4 labels that are truncated in NTSC 4x3:

It's probably a bit because of the large overscan on my crt but those are the only ones that show it.

- scottapalmer - 2007-03-22

is there anybody out there?

- Livin - 2007-03-31

gues this is DEAD?

- scottapalmer - 2007-04-01

appears that way.....

- elitegamer360 - 2007-04-02

Bug:

now with the latest "XBMC 2007-04-01 SVN rev8391 build - T3CH" build I cant set custom backgrounds any more, when I do choose a picture the background turns black no mater whats the picture size or format.

But if I choose custom backround folder instead, it will display all the pics in the folder fine, but it will never set a single pic as a background.

thnx.

Same post left @ xbox-scene forums.

- elitegamer360 - 2007-04-16

very Sad to seethis thread dead Sad No

I would love if some one continue on this skin plz Nod

- MajorTom - 2007-04-16

I'm pretty sure smokehead is just tied up with other stuff right now (as Jezz_X mentioned earlier).... I don't think he's abandoned the skin (though I could be wrong)... Fingers crossed when he has the time he will update the skin again :-)