Kodi Community Forum
PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 (/showthread.php?tid=241464)

Pages: 1 2

PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - scott967 - 2015-10-06

Kodi is v16 1004 with pvr.wmc 0.6.8 on Win 7
Backend is build 1215 on Win 8.0
I installed Kodi 16 1004 build and have problems with timers.
The 0904 build seems to work better.

In TV guide view now when I click a guide entry I get an info popup but no longer options to switch channel or add timer.
I can right click to bring up the context menu. In 0904 when I select "custom timer" I get a default type of Repeating(series).
In 1004 I get a default type of One time (manual). When I click on that I get a popup list of

One time (manual)
One time (guide)
One time (wishlist)
Repeating (manual)
Repeating (wishlist)

First, what exactly do these mean?
Second, I tried to change type to repeating (manual) and when I tried to save it, I got a backend failure. But what I really wanted (I think) was Repeating (series).

scott s.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - krustyreturns - 2015-10-08

Hi Scott, sorry for the delay.

I think maybe what is going on here is kodi made a change (at scarecrow and my request btw) that if an entry in the guide is not an episode of a series that the option to 'record the series' not show up in the context menu (since choosing it would cause a backend error). Scarecrow made sure we support this in the swmc (pre-release) and pvr.wmc, so I am not sure why it isn't working. I think one possibility is that the newest kodi contains the change but possible they have not included the pvr.wmc that also has the change. I will try to see what's what and get back to you. Scarecrow would be better since he has been doing pvr.wmc and handling the kodi PRs, but he is travelling at the moment.

one time (manual) -> record a single time slot (guide independent)
one time (guide) -> record a single program (guide based)
one time (wishlist) -> record a single program if it satisfies the 'wishlist' keywords (guide based)
repeating (manual) -> record by time slot whenever the specified time slot is valid (guide independent)
repeating (wishlist) -> record every program that satisfies the 'wishlist' keywords (guide based)

repeating (guide) -> which is obviously 'record the series' should be there too so long as the guide entry you clicked is part of a series. But due to the bug above it is not there (assuming I'm right about the cause) .

I'll look into the backend error too.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - krustyreturns - 2015-10-09

I just downloaded kodi 1006 and it works. In other words, in guide view if you right click on an episode of a series you get the option of creating a repeating(guide) timer. But if you right click on some show that is not a series, like a movie, this option is not there.

On the other problem you mentioned with creating manual-repeating timers. It works if you create the timer from the Timer view (by choosing Add Timer...). But if you create it from the guide page (by right clicking on a show but then choosing Repeating(Manual), if does fail - but its a little different then what you found. If the show you clicked on is an episode of a series, it records the series (which is not right). If its not a series episode, then the backend throws an error. I'm pretty sure this will need to be fixed in pvr.wmc and not serverwmc.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - Heiko123 - 2015-10-09

Hello,

when I will create a record about pulldown menu in epg, then I don't get the normal recording-menu, it get only to see a record-bubble in epg.
Is it a bug or a feature?
And how I get the record-menu back.

I work with kodi 16 last milehouse-testbuild and wmc-server1216.

Hi Heiko,

I don't understand. When you right click in the epg, you should see a pull down menu and the top three choices are:
Switch to Channel
Add timer
Add custom timer

'Add Timer' just creates a quick single episode timer. 'Add custom timer' lets you create a series timer, or as they call it: Repeating(Guide)

It also lets you create other types of timers.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - scott967 - 2015-10-09

(2015-10-08, 16:59)krustyreturns Wrote: Hi Scott, sorry for the delay.

I think maybe what is going on here is kodi made a change (at scarecrow and my request btw) that if an entry in the guide is not an episode of a series that the option to 'record the series' not show up in the context menu (since choosing it would cause a backend error). Scarecrow made sure we support this in the swmc (pre-release) and pvr.wmc, so I am not sure why it isn't working. I think one possibility is that the newest kodi contains the change but possible they have not included the pvr.wmc that also has the change. I will try to see what's what and get back to you. Scarecrow would be better since he has been doing pvr.wmc and handling the kodi PRs, but he is travelling at the moment.

one time (manual) -> record a single time slot (guide independent)
one time (guide) -> record a single program (guide based)
one time (wishlist) -> record a single program if it satisfies the 'wishlist' keywords (guide based)
repeating (manual) -> record by time slot whenever the specified time slot is valid (guide independent)
repeating (wishlist) -> record every program that satisfies the 'wishlist' keywords (guide based)

repeating (guide) -> which is obviously 'record the series' should be there too so long as the guide entry you clicked is part of a series. But due to the bug above it is not there (assuming I'm right about the cause) .

I'll look into the backend error too.

Thanks. I haven't repeated the backend error though I'm still working to understand how timers are supposed to work now. I had to build the new PVRInfo.xml file for the skin otherwise I was going back and forth from Confluence adding the differences there to the mix.

Am I right that DeleteTimer and RecordPrefs are no longer used?

When I have MyPVRGuide view up and creating custom timers for various entries, it seems like the default is either one time (manual) or repeating (guide). Is there some reason why one time (guide) isn't a default like it is if you just select "Add Timer"? Or is one time (guide) designed as un-editable? Also I have an entry which is a series but I don't get the option to create a repeating(guide) timer. Is that a problem of the WMC guide data source?

scott s.

(2015-10-09, 21:01)scott967 Wrote: Am I right that DeleteTimer and RecordPrefs are no longer used?

Yes that's right, for kodi16 (and whatever comes after) those xml files are not used.

(2015-10-09, 21:01)scott967 Wrote: When I have MyPVRGuide view up and creating custom timers for various entries, it seems like the default is either one time (manual) or repeating (guide). Is there some reason why one time (guide) isn't a default like it is if you just select "Add Timer"? Or is one time (guide) designed as un-editable? Also I have an entry which is a series but I don't get the option to create a repeating(guide) timer. Is that a problem of the WMC guide data source?

'Add timer' is just meant to be a fast 'just record the damn show' type command, no with no extra dialogs to click through. The timer you create this way is editable though, just find the timer in the timers view and edit it.

'Add custom timer' throws the new dialog up and you're right that it's default is to assume you want to do a series timer i.e. Repeating(Guide). But I think this is the right choice as the default since most people will use the custom timer command to do a series record, since they have 'add timer' to do a single record.

I think the language of repeating(guide) for a series timer is confusing. I would have liked the popup menu to have 'add timer', 'add series timer', and 'add custom timer' - but thats just me.

(2015-10-09, 21:01)scott967 Wrote: Also I have an entry which is a series but I don't get the option to create a repeating(guide) timer. Is that a problem of the WMC guide data source?

it probably is a problem with the guide source. Do you have this trouble with any other shows that are a series?

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - scott967 - 2015-10-10

(2015-10-09, 23:52)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 21:01)scott967 Wrote: Also I have an entry which is a series but I don't get the option to create a repeating(guide) timer. Is that a problem of the WMC guide data source?

it probably is a problem with the guide source. Do you have this trouble with any other shows that are a series?

Thanks. I'm getting better at it. I was also supporting RecordPrefs for NextPVR so hopefully they don't need it either and I can get rid of it. My "no repeating(guide)" is for one OTA channel. Do you know offhand what WMC is looking for for this? Something that is discretely sent in the guide data? Since the change from zap2it things haven't been super smooth.

Meanwhile I went into MyPVRTimers and tried an add timer set to "repeating(wishlist)" which gave a backend error.

scott s.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - krustyreturns - 2015-10-10

It's a boolean received directly from the guide data for each program, basically 'isSeries'. If it is not being flagged as a series, can you check in wmc and see if it shows the same for this channel? Let me know.

PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - MadibaJ - 2015-10-10

Just a query on this as I haven't yet upgraded to 16. in the timers view is there an option to sort by series so the editing of series is easy?

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - krustyreturns - 2015-10-10

I don't think there is a sort by series, but kodi16 adopts a hierarchical view of timers. Meaning that series timers are just one entry in the timer list (rather than all the upcoming episode timers). If you click on the series entry it shows the upcoming recordings underneath.

PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - MadibaJ - 2015-10-11

That makes sense, but how will it manage series that are on a season break and not showing up in the timer list? I'm just thinking of WMC where you can see all the series that are scheduled.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - krustyreturns - 2015-10-11

Good question. Pretty sure it shows them even if there is nothing coming up since we are now sending this data back to kodi16 - but I have not tested to see if kodi displays it.

RE: PVR WMC problems Kodi 16 - scarecrow420 - 2015-10-12

(2015-10-09, 23:52)krustyreturns Wrote: I think the language of repeating(guide) for a series timer is confusing. I would have liked the popup menu to have 'add timer', 'add series timer', and 'add custom timer' - but thats just me.

Krusty, we are in control of the Timer Type text. If we want something different we can change it. Note im not talking about the context menu entries "Add Timer" and "Add Custom Timer" but the text shown for TimerType field and in the Timer list.

They made sense to me, but I did spend many hours looking at the damn code haha ! :p

One time (manual)
One time (guide)
One time (wishlist)
Repeating (manual)
Repeating (guide)
Repeating (wishlist)