Kodi Community Forum
How to stack (?of?) s1e?? 1x?? named files. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: How to stack (?of?) s1e?? 1x?? named files. (/showthread.php?tid=24347)

How to stack (?of?) s1e?? 1x?? named files. - MacGyver - 2007-01-18

I suck at regex, so it took a while to figure it out, I figured I can't be the only one with files named this way:

<videostacking>
<regexp>()(\([1-9]of[1-9]\))</regexp>
<!-- Bambi (1968) (1of2).avi & Bambi (1968) (2of2).avi !-->
<regexp>e+([0-9][0-9])+.*</regexp>
<!-- Numb3rs - s1e?? - Counterfeit Reality.avi !-->
<regexp>x+([0-9][0-9])+.*</regexp>
<!-- Numb3rs - 1x?? - Counterfeit Reality.avi !-->
</videostacking>

The last two will stack a whole season into one file (for marathons)
The first will stack things like "The Stand (1of4).avi" into one file.

Hope it helps someone out.

- kraqh3d - 2007-01-18

just a warning... if you add custom regexps, all the default ones get removed... if you need any of them, you have to add them back.

- sparkBMC - 2010-03-18

kraqh3d Wrote:just a warning... if you add custom regexps, all the default ones get removed... if you need any of them, you have to add them back.

not if you add (to use default stacking first then your rules)

action="append"

or (to use your stacking first then default rules)

action="prepend"

to the stacking tag.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who renames their files after they download them from the internet. Internet files have too much crap in them... Race.To.Witch.Mountain.xvid.HD.content.ripped.by.me_king_of_the_world-CD3.avi.

I mean, really?? Who wants all that cluttering up their file system (surely not everyone ONLY uses XBMC to access their files).

Plus, when I copy files to give to someone, I want them to know if they are missing one of the part files (which they don't if they only see Moviename_CD1.avi. How many parts are there? 2 or 3 or more? Same with TV shows named "4x06 - Where The Buggalo Roam"... what series is it (I know some of you may know, but not everyone).

I personally name movies: "Moviename (1of2).avi"
or for TV series: "Series Name S01E03 - Title Of The Episode.avi

I may begin putting seasons in their own directory instead of just all in the series directory.

Anyway, I'm babbling now.

- kraqh3d - 2010-03-18

Look at the date of that post. It was more than three years ago, in 2007, prior to the prepend and append actions Smile

- sparkBMC - 2010-03-18

Yeah. I realized that as I was posting. I guess I shouldn't have quoted your post insinuating you were misinformed - Sorry.

I mainly posted to bring this topic back to the top... as it was something I was looking for this past weekend. I spent a couple of hours sifting through cached google pages and this topic never surfaced (damn murphy's law).

- NotShorty - 2010-03-18

I messed around with regexp for years and I finally came to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle. Use The Renamer, love it, and never look back.

NS

- sparkBMC - 2010-03-18

I'm a pretty stubborn geek and refuse to let my technology push me around. I spend whatever time it takes to make my gadgets do what I say! Big Grin

That being said, if I needed to rename a bunch of files, that would be the ticket.

- NotShorty - 2010-03-19

sparkBMC Wrote:I'm a pretty stubborn geek and refuse to let my technology push me around.

Have it your way.

All I know is that in the past 6 months I've done clean installs of XBMC when going from Vista to 7, fresh install of 7 when I upgraded to an SSD, then built a standalone HTPC, which I bounced back and forth between Windows, Ubuntu, and Live, finally settling on XBMCFreak Live. Not to mention the frequent updates and rebuilds to XBMC itself...

After re-naming my shows and exporting the library results as individual files, my library is totally upgrade proof. I could re-scrape my entire library in a minute or two and it's exactly the way I left it. No fuss, no muss, no regexp BS.

NS

- sparkBMC - 2010-03-19

True. I haven't been through as many dist upgrades/versions to have a lot of experience with XBMC. I have only used multiple versions on my Xbox back in maybe the 2004 era. Since then I didn't really look at it at all until just recently and I installed 9.11 camelot on my linux server and all is well.

As for Regex, I figured it out back on my Xbox so I could just reference that and copy it over... super easy.

- Corban987 - 2010-04-04

How do you rescrape you entire library in under a minute? it takes me days to scrape mine, I hat emoving it around.

How Name my eps, S01E01 etc, I don't care about renaming files as long as XBMC works. not saying it doesn't work with them named like this, I just hate rescraping my entire collection on both XBOX and Windows (seems I can't copy the databases between the 2 systems now either).

I tried exporting the database and didn't like all the files it put everywhere, is this the only way? I also guess this is off topic to the first post...

- mcoto - 2010-04-09

Corban987 Wrote:How do you rescrape you entire library in under a minute? it takes me days to scrape mine, I hat emoving it around.

How Name my eps, S01E01 etc, I don't care about renaming files as long as XBMC works. not saying it doesn't work with them named like this, I just hate rescraping my entire collection on both XBOX and Windows (seems I can't copy the databases between the 2 systems now either).

I tried exporting the database and didn't like all the files it put everywhere, is this the only way? I also guess this is off topic to the first post...

I use Ember Media manager so it puts all the .nfo and cover art with the media files. When you rescrape the library it pulls the files from your hard drive first and only queries the internet when it doesn't find these files. Its also nice if you want to edit any of the movie info. For example some of my movies always scrape as the foreign language name (ex the 7 samurai scrapes as the Japanese name. I just change the name in the .nfo file to 7 samurai and that's how it shows up in the list). I have done tons of upgrading and rescraping the library takes me about 5 minutes (I have 300 movies on the server).

If I could only find the equivelent solution for my music collection the world would be awesome. Re-scraping the album info etc takes forever.

M