Kodi Community Forum
Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database? (/showthread.php?tid=24443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- pettergulbra - 2011-03-31

pecinko Wrote:Try my skin (see signature below) to see how it looks like.

If you like it - you either use my skin or ask author of Aeon MQ2 to add that feature to skin.

OK, I have followed your link, downloaded and installed it..
Like it, but I still cant figure out what is so special with this.

It`s like it is in file view all the time. Not library.

I tried to add custom things and so on.. But could not get it like the pictures.
(On the forum site for your NOX, EG: Movies) Yes I added it as favurites first.

And then I can see it like that in every skin. In file view. And that is a littlebit heavi and go out and in and out in folders all the time..

Correct me if I don`t understand what you meen.

Maybe you can add a picture that show us what you meen?

- sialivi - 2011-04-24

Anyone know why the offline movies only show up under "Recently added movies" but not in the main movie library?

Update: Looks like the behavior was a bit more involved than I originally thought. Not even sure it just effects offline movies. Created a ticket for this bug.

- LupinSansei - 2011-04-27

This is one of my most wanted features in XBMC. Will this ever get added? For example putting a DVD in the drive XBMC should scan it and add it to your movie library. Moving pictures plugin does this in Mediaportal. Not sure why XBMC doesn't have this feature/ Or does it?

- timdog82001 - 2011-04-27

You can add your disks manually by creating moviename.disc files and putting them all in a folder and having xbmc scan it as a movie source. It will then prompt you to insert disk when you select it. It's only in the pre-eden builds though, not in dharma 10.1

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-01

timdog82001 Wrote:You can add your disks manually by creating moviename.disc files and putting them all in a folder and having xbmc scan it as a movie source. It will then prompt you to insert disk when you select it. It's only in the pre-eden builds though, not in dharma 10.1

Thanks for the reply! Is this an easy thing to do? I have a lot of DVDs I would love to have in my movie library. I just think it'd be a nice feature to have.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-04

Could you explain how to this in better detail? Or where I can get a pre-eden build? I'm running Ubuntu 11.4 x86

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-05

I guess this is out of the question. Or no one just isn't interested in it. Thanks!

- gorih - 2011-05-05

Also, this problem concerns

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-05

gorih Wrote:Also, this problem concerns

Huh?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-05-09

I didn't have a chance to post this for a few weeks, but as of April 13, the nightly builds now support a custom message added to the Disc Stub, which I believe will satisfy the needs of all the users who use a numbered library setup for their DVDs. For more info check out the wiki which I finally got around to updating: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_Stub_Files

Hope this helps,
Harry

- sialivi - 2011-05-10

Harry Muscle,
That's great news. Now if someone could just add a toggle to hide/show offline movies in the library (just like the hide/show watched movies toggle) and it will have everything I need Wink

- darks0ul - 2011-05-11

This is great for movies, but for TV Shows would work? I mean if u have more video files on the disc how can the stub file indicate what file from dvd to be played, or this feature does not work?

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-11

darks0ul Wrote:This is great for movies, but for TV Shows would work? I mean if u have more video files on the disc how can the stub file indicate what file from dvd to be played, or this feature does not work?

Wow over 4 years since I initially requested this.

@ darks0ul,
I believe this feature is designed for dvd's which xbmc can autoplay. It is an alternative for ripping your whole dvd collection onto your hard drive. If the dvd contains more than one video, it should have a menu. Otherwise just rip the individual files to your hard drive.

@ Harry Muscle,
Thanks for adding this feature!

- hegemon13 - 2011-08-31

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to jump in and say thank you, Harry, for this awesome feature. I was able to use a PERL script convert my existing catalogued database in Med's Movie Manager into around 950 files, all with a message telling me where to find the right disc. Finally, I have my entire library visible in XBMC, and it is AWESOME!

- Walter Sobchak - 2011-09-13

hegemon13 Wrote:Although this is an old thread, I wanted to jump in and say thank you, Harry, for this awesome feature. I was able to use a PERL script convert my existing catalogued database in Med's Movie Manager into around 950 files, all with a message telling me where to find the right disc. Finally, I have my entire library visible in XBMC, and it is AWESOME!

Can you please explain in more detail how you managed to do that?
I was looking for that feature already since I have 10 externals USB drives that I have numbered and would like to know which film is on which disk.

It should have not been so hard to just print the path in the current message box that simply says "File not found". If it would just mention the first part (which is always /media/<partition name) that would have helped already. Creating yet another set of nfo files for this features seems a lot of work.