Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-21

hey, for some reason when i use xTV it forces library mode everytime. this would be fine but it doesn't search for any new videos when i load it, so if i add anything to the folder, i have to manually add it to the library.

is there any way round this?

- RockDawg - 2007-09-21

Theres two ways to handle this:

1. You can select "Upate Library" from library view to scan in new files.

2. Move your "cursor" around in one of the library views and you'll see a dialog box pop up with an option to uncheck library mode. Basically you need to try to move it off scren.

A lot of these things are easy to figure out if you just spend a few minutes playing around with the skin.

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-21

yes i know about those but that's not really a solution. there must be a setting somewhere that says library mode is activated.

I've found that when the movies button is pressed, the default is to go to myvideolibrary, so i made it go to myvideofiles instead.

only problem is i don't know were myvideofiles is defined. at the moment it just lists the things in my sources, but i want it to link to a folder in my source.

- Jezz_X - 2007-09-21

rudeboymcc Wrote:yes i know about those but that's not really a solution. there must be a setting somewhere that says library mode is activated.

I've found that when the movies button is pressed, the default is to go to myvideolibrary, so i made it go to myvideofiles instead.

only problem is i don't know were myvideofiles is defined. at the moment it just lists the things in my sources, but i want it to link to a folder in my source.
There is a setting in skin settings that makes it go to either library view or normal file view just make sure its turned off

- Jezz_X - 2007-09-21

MacGyver Wrote:........... If you guys do decide to add a circular home view, take mine, but I really think jezz should redo it, his animation in list2 is sooooo smooth.
Don't take this the wrong way but Unless I get really really bored one day I will not be doing anything else to xTV ( or unless chi3f asks for help on somthing ). I allready have enough on my plate Skin wise to take up developing xTV as well .
The only reason I did the stuff I did is, I was testing out the new static list animations and conditional visibility after jmarshall added them and xTV seemed a good one to test on. Considering how much code it could save from the huge compilcated version it was. (because at the time it couldn't be anything but ) think in the end I trimmed 700 lines of xml off it Big Grin
As for cleaning up the skin It was when chi3f said he liked the view and I could add it I started getting fustrated on mergeing the changes into both 16x9 and 4x3 succesfully and noticed a few inconsistancy in the 2 modes so being me I over did my cleanup Oo

So after that big ramble I just wrote, Moral of the story is Major changes to xTV wont be from me anymore chi3f is more than capable of doing them himself

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-22

Jezz_X Wrote:There is a setting in skin settings that makes it go to either library view or normal file view just make sure its turned off

ok that works but still it takes me to a list of folders. is there no way to specify a directory for the buttons in home menu to link to?

- CHI3f - 2007-09-22

rudeboymcc Wrote:ok that works but still it takes me to a list of folders. is there no way to specify a directory for the buttons in home menu to link to?

the code for the movies button goes like this <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideo)</onclick>

If you want it to open a specific source within My Videos you will have to change it to this.
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideo,"YourSource")</onclick>

rename "YourSource" to the name of the source you want it to open. Sorry but I could give you a better explanation if I was at home and could look at the code.

- jmarshall - 2007-09-22

Read the friendly manual.

You can either set the default directory via the context menu (WHITE) in My Video Files, or set a directory to always go to via the ActivateWindow call - this is detailed in the skinning section of the manual.

- matthuisman - 2007-09-22

Sugestion:

I think if the skin has the two options of Show Media Overlays and Use Media as background enabled, that then with the Video Media Overlay, it should not show the small video window, but just the movie info as the video is playing in the background.
It works fine with music overlay as there is a VIZ as background, but with video, it looks abit silly with two videos playing.

What ya think?

AppleTV vs. FrontRow vs. xTV - Gamester17 - 2007-09-22

Question (or you all could also take this as a challange) to CHI3f and the other xTV skinners;

is xTV only meant to be a Apple TV clone/replica or is it suppose to be something more?, (like what you think the Apple TV skin should have looked like). I like to suggest that you also copy the best parts from Front Row (Apple's response to Microsoft's Windows Media Center Edition, for Apple Mac, Mac Mini, iMac, and Macbook) and then also go beyond what Apple has done with their version, make the XBMC version better (better looking, more intuitive, and smoother animations, etc.), with skin feastures that do not existing on the Macs, but only in XBMC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Row
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/frontrow.html
http://www.apple.com/macbook/frontrow.html

Again, I really think that a Front Row like animated carousel home menu would suit the xTV skin, see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptegiuEQ1ZU

Now those are very slick intro animations and transitions to and from the home menu Cool

jmarshall Wrote:Read the friendly manual.

You can either set the default directory via the context menu (WHITE) in My Video Files, or set a directory to always go to via the ActivateWindow call - this is detailed in the skinning section of the manual.

ok I've done the folling:
Code:
<item>
                     <icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
                     <thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
                    <include>10010</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,videos)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
                </item>
(videos is the directory for tv shows).

This works fine and take me to the write directory (and not in library mode), but the problem now is at the top it says movies wih the movie icon instead of tv shows. i know it;s a minor thing but it annoys me. I've looking in myvideofiles but i can't figure out how it knows what icon it should put there.

the icon was fine before when it was
Code:
ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)
and that's the only line I changed. Maybe myvideo.xml needs some other code find the proper icon? (compared to myvideonav.xml)

- jmarshall - 2007-09-22

My Video Files doesn't know what your content is.

There is tricks to get around this - basically you set a skin setting in another <onclick> before switching, and show TV shows if that skin setting is set.

Obviously on your movies button you'll need to reset that skin setting.

you make it sound very easy, but surely i can't have two <onclick>'s?

- Nuka1195 - 2007-09-23

of course you can, doesn't the manual state so?

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-23

ok manual says "You may have more than one <onclick> tag, and they'll be executed in sequence"

but how do i set a skin setting in an <onclick> tag?? i'm already setting it in the <visible> tag:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,videos)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>

can i just put the last line in <onclick> tags instead of <visible>?