Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- agathorn - 2008-01-09

I actually have this exact same problem just with the default PM3 skin and have yet to get it working properly.

- TheObo - 2008-01-12

Cr8oR Wrote:Yeah its fixable when u add the source of ur tv shows there is an add button
(im not shure if the Xtv skin has it because i do this in pmIII and then switch it to xTV)
so if u have lets say one show in 2 Hard drives u can add them to just one
source button.
The only thing is that the structure of the sub folder must be the same on
both of the folders u are sharing

ex
ur first source
Code:
Tv Shows-
     Futurama-
        Season 1-
        Season 2-
           Episodes

and ur next Source
Code:
Tv Shows II-
     Futurama-
         Season 3-
            Episodes

How do you do this?
How does it look in your sources.xml file?

- Cr8oR - 2008-01-12

TheObo Wrote:How do you do this?
How does it look in your sources.xml file?

I use the add button

and in my sources.xml for tv shows

Code:
<source>
            <name>Tv Shows</name>
            <path>smb://Computer_Name/Tv Shows/</path>
            <path>smb://Computer_Name/Tv Shows II/</path>
        </source>

- Gadjet - 2008-01-12

Hi,
I'm new to xbmc and I've just ftp'd the xTV skin into the skins folder of XBMC (lates T3CH) but when I try to select it it says that it is not compatible, it needs to version 2.00 or higher.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

- TheObo - 2008-01-14

Cr8oR Wrote:I use the add button
and in my sources.xml for tv shows

Code:
<source>
            <name>Tv Shows</name>
            <path>smb://Computer_Name/Tv Shows/</path>
            <path>smb://Computer_Name/Tv Shows II/</path>
        </source>

OK... I've tried this and it seems to work correctly in NON-Libabry mode (one icon per series with all episodes from both sources listed together)

but in Library Mode they are still treated completely seperately - it still has two seperate "folders" - one for each source.

Any ideas?

(P.S. I'm running thelatest T3CH build and latest xTV skin - both upgraded last week)

Time to update - handsomepete - 2008-01-15

Hey CHI3f,

I thank you for all the effort.

Its time to update xtv Nod

http://www.apple.com/appletv/guidedtour/index.html?size=large

- sabone - 2008-01-15

the updated appletv interface is just beautyfull

Why not mix it up a little? - Gamester17 - 2008-01-15

IMHO the xTV skin would become much if instead of just trying to stay an exact replica of the old Apple TV GUI, you take and mix the best parts from the old Apple TV GUI, the new Apple TV GUI, and Front Row in order to get the best of all those three GUIs.

That way the xTV skin for XBMC would be something more uniquie Cool

- sabone - 2008-01-15

this would be great i like the new homewindow u see almost everything on just 1 page

- matthuisman - 2008-01-16

Hi all,

I havnt got SVN access at moment.
And since latest XBMC build, Xtv has funny "XBOX MEDIA CENTRE" labels that should be blank.
And i cant memba what file is changed in the XTV SVN that fixes this and I need to update my mates skin.
Could someone let me know?
It was in the last 2 revisions on the XTV changelog.

Is it home.xml?

Thanks,

Stanley87

- jmarshall - 2008-01-16

Probably defaults.xml - remove the <label> tag from the label control.

- matthuisman - 2008-01-16

Spot on JM

Thanking you!

- lingenfr - 2008-01-16

Gadjet Wrote:Hi,
I'm new to xbmc and I've just ftp'd the xTV skin into the skins folder of XBMC (lates T3CH) but when I try to select it it says that it is not compatible, it needs to version 2.00 or higher.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

I have the same problem/question. Is there a solution? I am using the same XBMC version and get the same response. In the skins list, xTV is grayed out and when you try and select it, it says it is not compatible and needs to be ver 2.0 or higher. Help.

- CHI3f - 2008-01-16

lingenfr Wrote:I have the same problem/question. Is there a solution? I am using the same XBMC version and get the same response. In the skins list, xTV is grayed out and when you try and select it, it says it is not compatible and needs to be ver 2.0 or higher. Help.

You guys don't have the xTV skin folder in a folder named xTV do you? Like when you extract the rar you select "Extract to xTV" and then ftp that do you? Inside the xTV folder you should have other folders named "PAL", "PAL16x9", "media", "NTSC", "NTSC16x9", etc, etc.

- TheObo - 2008-01-17

TheObo Wrote:OK... I've tried this and it seems to work correctly in NON-Libabry mode (one icon per series with all episodes from both sources listed together)

but in Library Mode they are still treated completely seperately - it still has two seperate "folders" - one for each source.

Any ideas?

(P.S. I'm running thelatest T3CH build and latest xTV skin - both upgraded last week)

any ideas Chi3f?