Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- Jezz_X - 2008-06-14

Geeba Wrote:Will a trailer button ever be added to an official skin? ie Jezz X's version? I'm not really ofey with pasting the code from pate bin into the folders or where to put it to get the trailer button?

Its not my version Rolleyes Chi3f is the main coder on this and others helped him with the graphics all I have done is about 3% max fixing issues that crop up. So no I can't answer that question only chi3f can

- Geeba - 2008-06-15

Jezz_X Wrote:Its not my version Rolleyes Chi3f is the main coder on this and others helped him with the graphics all I have done is about 3% max fixing issues that crop up. So no I can't answer that question only chi3f can

Aha! Quick way not to get something added! Sorry Chi3f! LOL! Laugh

- CHI3f - 2008-06-16

Geeba Wrote:Aha! Quick way not to get something added! Sorry Chi3f! LOL! Laugh
No, that is a quick way to not get something added.

I do realize that I have not been keeping up with the skin like I used to but there is a life past this one (a.k.a. the real world) and mine has had alot of changes lately and i have almost no free time to do skin work. Trust me I do not like the fact that I have no time to do either of the only 2 hobbies I enjoy in life or the fact that I have only made one commit to the project since I was made part of the team, but my real life stuff has to come first and i would like to be able to make such decisions without hearing people smart ass comments about it. If I could do more i would and I am sure at some point this craziness of me having a full time family to take care of will die down and I will have time again so just be patient.

I also don't think it is fair to Jezz to ask/suggest that he should be the one to pick up the slack on a project that I have started. He has alot to do himself and he should not have to worry about people asking him to work on other people's skins when he not only has multiple other skins to work on but has to keep up with the skin needs of PM3 for the various ports for XBMC. Anyone who does must have no idea what it is like being the only coder on a skin and until you do I don't think it is fair to expect it of him.

My point is that I WILL return to doing constant skin work and I WILL finally be a productive part of the team, but right now I can't. Excuse me if I seem rude but it angers me when I see comments like that when the people who make these comments have no idea how much it bothers me that I can't do this stuff on a regular basis anymore. Not only that but I am sure I have made the people I respect think less of me by my lack of work. I feel like I have made a promise I am not able to keep, not only to the users of my skins, but the XBMC team and Mike Beecham(he and a few select others know why).

- Geeba - 2008-06-16

Woooooha! I was being completely appologetic? "Aha! Quick way not to get something added! Sorry Chi3f!" thats why I wrote "not"

Being new-ish to xTV I was for some reason under the impression it was Jezz-z's skin... I appologise profusley for the mix up... I was not ear-wigging for it to be added just curious.

- netropolis - 2008-06-18

Ok FANTASTIC... I can't even begin to tell you how much i love xTV...

Let me try... 4 days ago, not having ever owned a gaming system... I am SO not a gamer... I just don't have the coordination. I do however have a PC hooked up to every tv in the house... linked to a server with all my media on it (and believe me I have a few TB of divx movies and tv seasons music... LOTS!!!) all the pc's are all running MCE'05... (like many, I am not a fan of vista) but I digress.

I was looking online for a screenshot of Linux Media Centre? I was growing weary of MCE... I STUMBLED onto XBMC... and it didn't take long before I was reading the wiki... and voila xtv... I KNOW about appleTV but I hate itunes even more than vista!!! although BEAUTIFUL like all things apple using the sync with itunes... BLECH, then I find xtv, and xbmc...

I ran out FRIDAY, bought an XBOX with a remote and the high end monster cable and ran across town to get some shady kid to soft-mod it for me... he did great (*I think)... I coulda figured it all out in a few days but $15 and 30 minutes and I was home... and no I don't think I'll ever play a game on it... hahaha...

It took a while to configure but that is GOOD! SO MANY OPTIONS... I love it.
and it connects to shares... my 'special' daughter figured it out in 10 minutes... and in a couple weeks I am replacing other HTPC's in the house with Xbox's!!!

THANK YOU!!! No criticism, no requests for changes... just a THANK YOU!!!
works perfect right out of the box...

thank you to the XBMC team, and the xTV team! So, do you have an xTV or XBMC cafepress store where I can get a teeshirt or somethin? Smile

- CHI3f - 2008-06-18

netropolis Wrote:Ok FANTASTIC... I can't even begin to tell you how much i love xTV...

Let me try... 4 days ago, not having ever owned a gaming system... I am SO not a gamer... I just don't have the coordination. I do however have a PC hooked up to every tv in the house... linked to a server with all my media on it (and believe me I have a few TB of divx movies and tv seasons music... LOTS!!!) all the pc's are all running MCE'05... (like many, I am not a fan of vista) but I digress.

I was looking online for a screenshot of Linux Media Centre? I was growing weary of MCE... I STUMBLED onto XBMC... and it didn't take long before I was reading the wiki... and voila xtv... I KNOW about appleTV but I hate itunes even more than vista!!! although BEAUTIFUL like all things apple using the sync with itunes... BLECH, then I find xtv, and xbmc...

I ran out FRIDAY, bought an XBOX with a remote and the high end monster cable and ran across town to get some shady kid to soft-mod it for me... he did great (*I think)... I coulda figured it all out in a few days but $15 and 30 minutes and I was home... and no I don't think I'll ever play a game on it... hahaha...

It took a while to configure but that is GOOD! SO MANY OPTIONS... I love it.
and it connects to shares... my 'special' daughter figured it out in 10 minutes... and in a couple weeks I am replacing other HTPC's in the house with Xbox's!!!

THANK YOU!!! No criticism, no requests for changes... just a THANK YOU!!!
works perfect right out of the box...

thank you to the XBMC team, and the xTV team! So, do you have an xTV or XBMC cafepress store where I can get a teeshirt or somethin? Smile

Thank you for the kind words. No, there is not a place to buy xTV merchandise but you most certainly can purchase some XBMC merchandise.

Browse XBMC merchandise here

- CHI3f - 2008-06-20

I have added an option to show fan art as the background while browsing tv shows and added a movie trailers button to the "dialog" in the video windows that contain the view,sort by,etc. buttons.

- CHI3f - 2008-06-26

- Jezz_X - 2008-06-26

lol nice textless spoiler chi3f I wonder what it means Tongue

- shizzle - 2008-06-26

nice

- RenZ0R - 2008-06-26

very sweet, is it just a clone of the apple tv home, or you doing the whole lot ?

- sabone - 2008-06-26

cant wait

- CHI3f - 2008-06-26

RenZ0R Wrote:very sweet, is it just a clone of the apple tv home, or you doing the whole lot ?

It is just the home window right now. We will get around to doing the rest. I can't do the lists like you see in the apple tv tour video cause I can't just have multiple media lists in one window like that but I can do some adjustments to the rest of the skin.

- platanito21 - 2008-06-26

is this what xTV is morphing into or is this just going to be another version along side the original?

- CHI3f - 2008-06-26

platanito21 Wrote:is this what xTV is morphing into or is this just going to be another version along side the original?

I think it is gonna be 2 separate releases. I am still very attached to the old style. In my opinion the old style is fashion and the new is function.