Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- CHI3f - 2008-06-30

bionic1234 Wrote:sorry - never mind, I was using Remote Desktop to build the XTV skin, so there was a D3D error during the build that I did not catch.
Build on local pc, and media folder creates properly.

You could also download the builds from my sig. I update them almost everytime I make a commit.

- RenZ0R - 2008-07-01

any eta on when the new homescreen is coming ?

- CHI3f - 2008-07-02

RenZ0R Wrote:any eta on when the new homescreen is coming ?
No. We have to a lot of other stuff in the skin to match the new style.

- ptipton - 2008-07-03

ptipton Wrote:XBMC now has integrated support for mythtv allowing the watching of live tv and recordings. This is a great feature but at the moment it doesnt work as well with xTV as with PM111.

As can be seen from the screenshots below xTV misses the program information from the Live Channels screen. Would it be possible to modify xTV to be compatible with Live Channels and show the program information? If this is fairly straightforward and someone can point me in the right direction I will have a crack at it but if complex skinning then may well be beyond me.
I think the screenshots show how great this feature could look in xTV. Perhaps the program for the selected channel could be shown below the channel icon or alternatively the channel icon made smaller to allow the programs to be shown next to each channel as in PM111? Thanks

By tippo88

Have done some work to make xTV work better with the integrated mythtv support. Have added a view to videos called mythtv which allows you to see both channels and shows as well as displaying the program information for the selected program at the bottom of the screen. (program information doesn't show in the attached screenshot but scrolls at bottom of screen as per the RSS feed on home page)

The view is not quite perfect, when scrolling downwards, as the icons rotate, they temporarily cover a small area on the channel text. I've messed around for ages with my trail and error skinning skills and haven't managed to fix this but non of the family complain and it at least makes mythtv much more functional than with the standard views.
I also modified the "TV Shows" button on the home page to be "TV" and to point at the mythtv video share.
If anyone is interested I will find somewhere to post the modified files. Was wondering, since this is a fairly simple addition to the skin rather than a modification, if the mythtv view might be added to the svn (after perfecting the icon rotation of course). If the mythtv view was added and there was a skin option to add a "TV" button as above to the home menu in the same way as the current "TV Shows" option then xTV would be a great skin for mythtv use.
I wont have time to mess with this anymore for a few months so thought I would share what had done to date.

- nchall - 2008-07-03

Using the latest XBMC Windows SVN and xTV there is a persistent red dot, which I think signifies the unwatched state, on the "Big Wide View" icons for TV shows.

It remains even when I turn off "use watched state overlays".

Any idea why this would be happening?

- LakersFan - 2008-07-07

Arbitrary Logic Wrote:At least your TV shows are working. For some reason when I choose TV Shows from the main menu, I get this a darkened screen with the word Movies in the top right corner and a pop-up box in the middle that has the following list:

View: Icons
Sort by: Name
Library mode [*]

Search
IMDb

The only way out of this is to select the clear button on the controller. Then another window pops up with more options to update library, go to root, now playing and settings. If I choose anything, I end up in the Movies library. My sources.xml is correct for my video library. Any thought on how to fix this?

For some reason, I just can't figure this out!! Tongue

I read jmarshall's post below this quote and it doesn't make sense. I've read through the 17 pages as well. I have 2 folders - one for movies, one for Howard TV episodes. I want the Howard TV episodes to go into the TV Shows folder. But I have the exact same problem as this quote... What am I missing? Do I need to alter a file within the skin? Or can I fix this another way?

Can someone please explain this to me like I'm a 5 year old?? Smile

Thanks gang.

- jasvlucky - 2008-07-07

how easy is to install the apple skin? Can i find step by step... sorry am new to all this cool stuff!

- Bram77 - 2008-07-07

You could use the xbmc-favorites installer

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-favorites/

Installation instructions are in the wiki.

- CHI3f - 2008-07-08

LakersFan Wrote:For some reason, I just can't figure this out!! Tongue

I read jmarshall's post below this quote and it doesn't make sense. I've read through the 17 pages as well. I have 2 folders - one for movies, one for Howard TV episodes. I want the Howard TV episodes to go into the TV Shows folder. But I have the exact same problem as this quote... What am I missing? Do I need to alter a file within the skin? Or can I fix this another way?

Thanks gang.

A cheap way to do it is to open the Home.xml in the PAL folder, press ctrl+g and go to line 92, change the line to <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,your source name)</onclick> ("your source name" being the name of the source your tv shows are in), save the file and reload the skin or enter a different window and go back to the home window for the changes to take effect.

- kricker - 2008-07-08

LakersFan Wrote:For some reason, I just can't figure this out!! Tongue

Thanks gang.
To me it sounds as if you and the other poster do not have your tvshows added to your library. I have seen this quite often when I am rebuilding my library for testing various things. The way I fix it is to clean the library, then re-add the sources I want in my library and run the proper scrapers on those sources.

- CHI3f - 2008-07-10

Just to let you know we are not completely slacking off.

- LakersFan - 2008-07-10

Thanks guys, got it to work... Smile

Nice looking skin. Thanks for your hard work.

- LakersFan - 2008-07-16

Follow up help needed. Sad

Ok, when I turn on the xbox, and click Movies, it goes directly to my movies. Smile
Then I go back to the home screen, click TV Shows, and it goes to my Howard TV Shows. Smile
Then, I decide I would rather watch a movie, so I go back the the home screen, go up to movies, and when I click it, it goes to the Howard TV shows. Sad

I've cleaned the library and even reinstalled the entire skin. My home.xml looks like this:
Code:
<item>
    <icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
    <thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
    <label>31010</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,TV Shows)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
</item>
My shows are located here: /F/TV Shows. I have not altered my source.xml. (I tried and I checked later and the bookmark was erased...)

What am I missing?

- platanito21 - 2008-07-16

How come movie posters always look squashed vertically in this skin? In Coverflow view all my movie posters look "wider" than they should be and from that new screenshot up there it looks to be continuing in that tradition. I'm not complaining cause I still love the skin, just inquiring.

- LakersFan - 2008-07-16

LakersFan Wrote:Follow up help needed. Sad

Ok, when I turn on the xbox, and click Movies, it goes directly to my movies. Smile
Then I go back to the home screen, click TV Shows, and it goes to my Howard TV Shows. Smile
Then, I decide I would rather watch a movie, so I go back the the home screen, go up to movies, and when I click it, it goes to the Howard TV shows. Sad

I've cleaned the library and even reinstalled the entire skin. My home.xml looks like this:
Code:
<item>
    <icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
    <thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
    <label>31010</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,TV Shows)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
</item>
My shows are located here: /F/TV Shows. I have not altered my source.xml. (I tried and I checked later and the bookmark was erased...)

What am I missing?

Figured it out... I just deleted this:
Code:
<item>
    <icon>icon-video.png</icon>
    <thumb>icon-video-blur1.png</thumb>
    <label>31001</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</onclick>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(movie-library)</visible>
</item>

And added "<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Movies)</onclick>" to the one above it...