Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- newg - 2009-04-12

Add another to the "can't add sources" group. I can add sources with the standard skins... I don't like the standard skins nearly as much as xTV though!

- payned - 2009-04-13

>>And another...
Seems to have effected most custom path pop ups. Can no longer set custom background either or browse to change thumbs.
File browser dialog pops us but does not display any drives to browse...
I've tinkered with skins before but only simple stuff like adding a clock, moving movie posters and adding shutdown option to home page, nothing major and I have no real clue about this. Huh
Believe problem seemed to have popped around nightly build 18677 and 18972.
Anyone with any ideas, suggestion it would be greatly appreciated as I use it as my main skin and would hate to have to change. Loves its simplicity, clarity, crispness... and it's pretty. Laugh
Thanks in advance.

Similar issue - remedee - 2009-04-21

Hey fellas, I'm having similar issues as well, but I was wondering if you are all using the latest build of XBMC (4/4/09)? I had an older build of xTV that I tested out today, and I know was working on another box, but older build is having the same problem as the new one, so I'm wondering if maybe it's a change in XBMC itself that is not compatible with xTV, because my other skins are working... I just don't want to use another one Smile

Here is the link to my post on xbox-scene. Looking forward to having my baby fully functional again.

Thanks again for all the hard work CHI3f!

- ding - 2009-04-29

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but when I try this skin in the latest 9.04 beta of xbmc for the mac I dont get any images just the text. Everything else is black. It makes it very hard to navigate because I dont even get the highlight image to know which menu item I am on. Does any one know what I am doing wrong? BTW my screen is 16:9 720p.

EDIT ok I just copied the contents from the /media/default folder into the /media folder and that took care of it. But I have a feeling that is not the right way to do it.

Now if I could only figure out how to get the scripts menu in the home screen? This would be essential.

- badbob001 - 2009-05-02

I too have the issue with browsing sources.

I'm using this skin with my xbox at 1080i. When looking at my video cover art in the WRAP view, the covers look blurry, despite having high resolution images. Is this skin not really designed for HD and this be the cause? Could it be that my cover art is being reduced by the skin and then expanded by xbmc? Or would it have something to do with the skin not respecting the image's aspect ratio and be an artifact of stretching the image?

- CHI3f - 2009-05-09

File browser dialog and cast list in the movie info window is fixed now.

- w00dst0ck - 2009-05-11

Hi CHI3f!

Thanx for fixing it. Is the provided link in your signature the fixed version?

Best regards,
w00dst0ck

- CHI3f - 2009-05-11

w00dst0ck Wrote:Hi CHI3f!

Thanx for fixing it. Is the provided link in your signature the fixed version?

Best regards,
w00dst0ck

yes

- CHI3f - 2009-05-11

I was thinking about remaking the osd to look like this. Let me know what you think.

- Volante - 2009-05-11

Hey!

Long time, no see. I think you have done some interesting changes on my original mockup. I might do another based on yours and mine, if you don't mind?

- CHI3f - 2009-05-12

Volante Wrote:Hey!

Long time, no see. I think you have done some interesting changes on my original mockup. I might do another based on yours and mine, if you don't mind?
Your mockup is what I was going for but I could not find it again for the life of me so I just whipped that up instead. I would love to see a new mockup. remember that it has to look good without the navigation buttons as well cause you can get the progress bar to show without the osd buttons appearing which is why I made mine the way it is.

- CHI3f - 2009-05-12

Oh, and mine is not a mockup.

- w00dst0ck - 2009-05-12

CHI3f Wrote:I was thinking about remaking the osd to look like this. Let me know what you think.

Looks good, but I think the mockup from Volante is cleaner. Maybe it's possible to let the osd look like the mockup. Wink

- payned - 2009-05-15

CHI3f Wrote:File browser dialog and cast list in the movie info window is fixed now.

Big Grin Hey CHI3f, thanks for this. Simplest, cleanest skin around. Love it.

Also love the idea for the new OSD.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's much appreciated. Been using xTV as my primary for over a year now. Tried others as they came out but always came back to xTV. Thanks.

- CHI3f - 2009-05-15

payned Wrote:Big Grin Hey CHI3f, thanks for this. Simplest, cleanest skin around. Love it.

Also love the idea for the new OSD.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's much appreciated. Been using xTV as my primary for over a year now. Tried others as they came out but always came back to xTV. Thanks.
Thank you. The icons were designed by Volante so he deserves an equal amount of credit. I honestly would have made it exactly like his but I could not find his mockup on the day I was working on it so I just threw that one together. It would have been different if I had any kind of skill in photoshop.