Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- CHI3f - 2007-03-29

El Piranna Wrote:Where we cnan send you the traslated ones? I want to make the spanish translataion...

Just put them on a file hosting site and pm with the link and I will get it and add them to the svn.

- PISTONRIPPER - 2007-03-30

I would just like say..Thank you for this amazing skin...For me it has to be one the best skins available.

- jj5768(2) - 2007-03-30

Hi CHI3f - everytime I click the link in your sig to get the updated skin, its coming up with a 'file not found' error by your host... cheers !

- CHI3f - 2007-03-30

the link is fixed now

- nianhbg - 2007-04-07

Very nice skin. Where do I put themes files? In a theme folder or?

Turn off music coverart during visualization - dolby0102 - 2007-04-07

Is there a way to get rid of the coverart when the full screen visualization is displayed. I would like for only the visualization to be displayed. Is this possible?

- MacGyver - 2007-04-07

I was messing around with this skin, and noticed it too, also the fonts are off in the onscreen menus while a movie is playing in the 720-16:9 pal view. The fonts were huge, and the album problem is caused by a missing:

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(np-vis)</visible>
or
<visible>System.IdleTime(64)</visible>

in the MusicVisualization.xml file, where they have only:

<control type="image">
<description>Album Cover</description>
<posx>375</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>275</width>
<height>300</height>
<info>MusicPlayer.Cover</info>
</control>

Sorry I'm not sure which one it should be, but the artist who wrote it should know.

Really nice skin though.

Also, has anyone heard anything on whether the devs are planning on implementing a 4-point icon displaying system, so the skinners can skew and slant their images. With that ability I think ANY interface could be visually emulated.

- CHI3f - 2007-04-07

nianhbg Wrote:Very nice skin. Where do I put themes files? In a theme folder or?
XBMC\skin\xTV\media\
MacGyver Wrote:I was messing around with this skin, and noticed it too, also the fonts are off in the onscreen menus while a movie is playing in the 720-16:9 pal view. The fonts were huge, and the album problem is caused by a missing:

or
<visible>System.IdleTime(64)</visible>

in the MusicVisualization.xml file, where they have only:

<control type="image">
<posx>375</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>275</width>
<height>300</height>
</control>

Sorry I'm not sure which one it should be, but the artist who wrote it should know.
Has allready been fixed

- dolby0102 - 2007-04-08

CHI3f

I downloaded your newest version and the album cover showing during the visualization still appears. What change can i make to get rid of it?

- CHI3f - 2007-04-08

dolby0102 Wrote:CHI3f

I downloaded your newest version and the album cover showing during the visualization still appears. What change can i make to get rid of it?

I just updated the build found in that link in my sig. I am gonna start putting dates in the name so you guys know when they were made.

- MacGyver - 2007-04-08

Yeah, I noticed it was still broken too, so I added:

to this bit in MusicVisualisation.xml in the resolution you are using, mine is 16:9 -720, so I put it in pal16x9

<control type="image">
<posx>375</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>275</width>
<height>300</height>
</control>

it should look like this when done.

<control type="image">
<posx>375</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>275</width>
<height>300</height>
</control>

My wife really likes this skin so I looked into why the OSD menu and status bar are huge in 16x9 720, I think its because while the video is playing on a real xbox it behaves differently then it does in the win32 tester, in the tester it looks fine with its fake video, but on a real xbox, it seems like xbmc uses the pal16x9 xmls, and the 720p font.xml, that combination yields huge fonts.
it's like the xbox reverts to non 720p while playing a video so the big ass fonts in the 720p font.xml are displayed in a non 720p 16x9 screen. If I replace the 720p fon.xml with the one from pal16x9 the osd looks great, but the rest of the skin has tiny ones then. Short of creating a special VideoOSD.xml in the 720p folder, I can't see an easy way of fixing it. Since a picture is worth a thousand word, here it is.

Hope the code above fixes your issue dolby0102, until the author can.

- CHI3f - 2007-04-08

@McGuyver: The music cover bug has most definately been fixed. I will check out the osd thing.

- MacGyver - 2007-04-08

yeah, i d/l it again after you posted it, the album covers are cool, but the osd is still wrong, I don't know if its the skin or xbmc, i looked into more, and xmbc doesnt look at the videoosd.xml in anywhere but pal, it ignores 720p's and pal16x9, i was going to fix it, but short of of making a second set of all the code in VideoOSD and making one visible upon a skin setting varible for 720p, and making the other set visible only on non 720p, i can't see it being easily fixed, btw, the font should be <size>14</size> to look right in 720, or so mine looks fine when I override the current one, but my fix only works for 720p and breaks all others.
btw, thanks for your work on this skin, my wife and i love it.

- MacGyver - 2007-04-08

turns out, the skin is fine, but xbmc wasn't, for some reason, the skin was set to 4x3 when displaying videos, and 720 16x9 everywhere else, there was no way to set the <videoresolution> to 1 anywhere in any skin, so i did it via ftp, and then the skin was perfect, it was confused by the dual states, 10 for screen (720p 16x9) and 4 for video (4x3 ntsc), it doesn't show up in pm3 or others, but it's not the skin.
I wonder why xbmc doesn't let you set the video resolution through the gui?
Again, great skin., btw, in case you were wondering, i did do a clean new install, it set up the dual thing on its own.

- jmarshall - 2007-04-09

Settings->Video->Player->Resolution