Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

xTV skin: how to stop music? - bandgap112 - 2007-04-25

Just download the xTV skin which has the stop button to stop music. Work like a charm. Thanks.

In Vision skin, when I'm at the main menu, pressing A button pop up the "Power Menu" with buttons for Info, Shutdown, MS Dash, etc. Is there a similar shortcut to do that in xTV? To get there I normally go from Main Menu --> System --> Power Menu.

Thanks,

Bandgap

Which font is used for the OSD and info? - dailydisco - 2007-04-27

First... the skin is fabulous... when I walk by the Apple store and see AppleTV, I always say to myself... yeah, but it doesn't play a,b,c,d,e,f...z... and it costs 3x more than an Xbox!

Anyway, I just switched my GUI to 480p with mplayer at 1080i so I can play
X264 files in the new mplayer (with AC3 passthru)...ran out of memory at 1080i/1080i and my TV doesn't do 720p.

The only problem I am having is that now the font text for the onscreen display when playing a video... and for the info as well when playing a video.... is too small to read, even when just centimeters from the TV.

Since the rest of the fonts look ok so far, I was hoping someone could point me to the font (in which fonts.xml file?) which I should adjust for these two displays (the OSD and the info).

I'll post my results for anyone else so they can find it easily via a search of the forums.

How to change a xTV home buttom??? - azazel - 2007-05-08

Hi there,
CHI3f, first of all congratulations for this fantastic skin!!!

I would like to change the "Shows TV" button in order to link with a my "Series" storaged in my PC... but I dont know how to and which files I need to modify...

Please CHI3f could you let me know how to do itHuh

THX a lot.

- MacGyver - 2007-05-08

azazel, anything on the beginning screen is in home.xml, either in Pal or Pal16x9, depending on what resolution your xbox is set to.
xTv uses the library function to figure out if it's a tv show or not, so you have to change that to open a shortcut in your video shortcuts as specified in Sources.xml instead.
change:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>

to:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Series)</onclick>

assuming that you already have a shortcut in your sources.xml for "Series"
like:
<bookmark>
<name>Series</name>
<path>smb://COMPUTER_NAME/sharefolder/</path>
</bookmark>

you might want to fix the movies link to reference a share folder while your in there.

More about Home Xtv - azazel - 2007-05-09

Thanks a lot MacGyver for your help.

I've tryed out your steps but does't work... my xbox is on 720p video mode NTSC.

I've added that in source.xml placed on UserData folder:

<bookmark>
<name>series</name>
<default>xbms://192.168.1.100:1400/Series/</default>
<path>xbms://192.168.1.100:1400/Series/</path>
</bookmark>

And modify home.xml (Id=6) placed on Pal16X9 with follow line:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,series)</onclick>

But still does't work... What I'm doing wrongHuh

thanks in advance.

- MacGyver - 2007-05-09

You forgot to change it to MyVideoFiles,series:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,series)</onclick>
instead of
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,series)</onclick>

It should work.

- azazel - 2007-05-09

Great!!! MacGyver. Now it works perfectly...

Many thx.

- gaogao - 2007-05-20

How can I get the visualizations shown in the background while navigating the menus and listening to the music at the same time?
I got it with previous versions of the skin, butI'm not able to have it back now.

TIA
Gg

- rjeeves33 - 2007-05-21

G'day guys

Sweet skin. Don't even need to turn my 360 on anymore with this baby loaded. The only issues I seem to have are

1: Music visual screen that shows the track details and album art: The album art looks like a fat rectangle rather than square. I ran through the screen calibration setup. Album art looks good else where in the skin (ie square). I am running the current SYN of XBMC (forget exact version as am at work) on a PAL 16:9 standard definition. Any thoughts on fixing this up would be appreciated.

2: The small text is just too small to clearly read. This is the text for track details for example when viewing an album details. Is there a way to add an option in the skin to increase the font size?

Thanks guys for putting an awesome skin out there for the ultimate MEdia Center

Rob

- MikeBeecham - 2007-05-21

I have to say CHI3f that this is one seriously nice skin mate. As there is not a lot of choice from PMIII this is GREAT...I love it.

If I can be a little forward...for me there are a couple of things that let it down ever so slightly.

1) The musical note icon is a lot weaker than some of the other icons...it's just bleh imo. What would be nice is a version of the itunes icon, and would keep in with the who apple theme.

2) When you have started some music, the current track in the list turns blue. However, that blue is VERY difficult to read, no matter what theme colour you try. I would suggest another colour for the current track, or maybe a better blue...it's just very difficult to read.

3) When browsing a lot of icons, the theme can be a little laggy...not sure if there anyway to speed that up. For example, when i go into my pictures and look at all my lovely icons...I can choose a slideshow, then back out to my icons, and they all have to refresh again!

THATS IT!

I love the skin...think it's great and cant wait to get those things amended to make it my default...I love it!

- MikeBeecham - 2007-05-21

Sorry mate, but there are a couple of other points as well...

The small version of the shutdown menu icons are quite pixelated...and the restart button looks a little squashed!

Also, is there anyway to map the shutdown menu to the menu button on my remote in the home page...just like in PM3?

- CHI3f - 2007-05-22

mikebeecham Wrote:I have to say CHI3f that this is one seriously nice skin mate. As there is not a lot of choice from PMIII this is GREAT...I love it.

If I can be a little forward...for me there are a couple of things that let it down ever so slightly.

1) The musical note icon is a lot weaker than some of the other icons...it's just bleh imo. What would be nice is a version of the itunes icon, and would keep in with the who apple theme.

2) When you have started some music, the current track in the list turns blue. However, that blue is VERY difficult to read, no matter what theme colour you try. I would suggest another colour for the current track, or maybe a better blue...it's just very difficult to read.

3) When browsing a lot of icons, the theme can be a little laggy...not sure if there anyway to speed that up. For example, when i go into my pictures and look at all my lovely icons...I can choose a slideshow, then back out to my icons, and they all have to refresh again!

THATS IT!

I love the skin...think it's great and cant wait to get those things amended to make it my default...I love it!

ThanksBig Grin

1) I can't change the note cause it is supposed to look like the one in apple tv.

2) Good possibility, I will just wait for the new way of changing fonts colors to be released in the next T3CH to mess with it

3) Nothing I can do about that

mikebeecham Wrote:Sorry mate, but there are a couple of other points as well...

The small version of the shutdown menu icons are quite pixelated...and the restart button looks a little squashed!

Also, is there anyway to map the shutdown menu to the menu button on my remote in the home page...just like in PM3?

The large icons are just the small ones zoomed, so I don't see why the smaller ones look pixelated to you. And the keymap.xml is not skin specific, if the menu button does it in PM3 it should do it in xTV or any other skin as well.

On a lighter note:
I organized the system window today and added the ability to download themes for the skin, from the skin.

And here is the script dialog. It will automatically install the themes into the media folder so all you have to do is apply them.

I would like to thank Donno for letting me rip off the script from MC360, edit it and use it for xTV.

P.S. The link in my sig is updated so you can get it from there

- gaogao - 2007-05-22

gaogao Wrote:How can I get the visualizations shown in the background while navigating the menus and listening to the music at the same time?
I got it with previous versions of the skin, butI'm not able to have it back now.

TIA
Gg

Bumping, any advice?
Gg

- MikeBeecham - 2007-05-22

CHI3f, you just keep getting better and better. Thanks for the reply, and I understand there may be some limitations...thats cool!

- MacGyver - 2007-05-22

gaogao, from the includes.xml:

<!-- Begin background image include -->
<include name="background">
<control type="visualisation">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<visible>!Player.HasMedia(startup.wav)</visible>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(back-vis)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<description>background</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<texture>background.png</texture>
<visible>!Skin.String(custom-background)</visible>
<visible>!Player.HasAudio</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<description>custom background</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<info>Skin.String(custom-background)</info>
<visible>!Player.HasAudio</visible>
</control>
<!-- opaque shit -->
<control type="image">
<description>background</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<texture>background.png</texture>
<colordiffuse>D1FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
<visible>!Skin.String(custom-background)</visible>
<visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<description>custom background</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<info>Skin.String(custom-background)</info>
<colordiffuse>D1FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
<visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
</control>
</include>

if you remove the:

it will ALWAYS give you a background visualzation.

but simply setting back-vis to false should make it work too, (unless the file is named startup.wav)

I don't like the background set that way so I don't know if its a problem or not, but if you are setting the skin settings to display it, and it's not, then it could have something to do with it being drawn on the screen first, then the background covering it up (from the looks of the code anyway)

if so put the :
<control type="visualisation">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
</control>

last, right before the final </include>