Kodi Community Forum
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support (/showthread.php?tid=2464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- A@ron - 2004-07-21

any aac audio file does not work at the moment. all due to mplayer... i wonder if that will ever get changed.

:edit:
i looked at mplayers website and it lists faad aac mpeg2/mpeg4 audio as supported audio codecs so it may not be impossible to get them to work if they update the xbmc core.

a@ron

- forza - 2004-07-21

mplayer for windows plays the files fine, so it may just be a case of updating mplayer's core in xbmc.

Quote:i looked at mplayers website and it lists faad aac mpeg2/mpeg4 audio as supported audio codecs so it may not be impossible to get them to work if they update the xbmc core.

elupus will be porting the pre5 mplayer core when he returns from the states in a few weeks - i believe the pre5 release added support for aac formats, from the pre5 release notes;

Quote:audio format 0xff support (is aac)

- topcat - 2004-07-21

just tried a load of my .m4a files shared over samba, and they all worked apart from the itms ones that i knew wouldnt work anyway. i have heard some people have aac problems in mplayer, but i havent had any yet (crossed fingers)

- ()verBored - 2004-07-22

as for a thought, i know that itunes can be controlled via web based interfaces, so i was wondering if there would be a way to fool the built in support for the airtunes.  by this i mean, remote control an instance of itunes open on a desktop using the xbox, then select the xbox as the destination for music to be played (as if the xbox was an airport express).  i think the ultimate solution for my needs is for apple to get a wi-fi remote control with lcd for their airport express thing.

- topcat - 2004-07-22

yeah, but using hymn would be a pain. we would have to backup our drm aac files after buying them, then run them one by one into hymn, and then whenever apple change to a new version of itunes, more than likely the drm tracks just wont play any more.

hymn is an option, and one i will probably use now and again, but to use it on every purchased track will be a pain.

- FastShow - 2004-07-23

you're a god amongst men, mate.  seriously!

- A@ron - 2004-07-23

3 cheers for forza :o

- Elevated - 2004-07-23

:kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:

- topcat - 2004-07-23

this really is great, an will make xbmc much better for me.

so, hows this going to work? will it be another option alongside smb, xms etc that we pick and then type in the ip, and t will then see our playlists?

- t029248 - 2004-07-23

(topcat @ july 23 2004,08:01 Wrote:this really is great, an will make xbmc much better for me.

so, hows this going to work?  will it be another option alongside smb, xms etc that we pick and then type in the ip, and t will then see our playlists?
i also would like to find that out? this is really wonderfull i can't wait to see the details....

is it for instance also updating playcount data (optional?)

i hope it will be included in the next build... for now i'm still leeching on a xsdk so i can't build yet...

- forza - 2004-07-23

it's another type of share that you define in xbmc, i'm at work at the moment so can't remember the syntax exactly but it's something like this;

<bookmark>
<path>daap://192.168.1.1</path>
<name>itunes</name>
</bookmark>

once you've selected the itunes share in xbmc you'll see a list of your playlists, one of which will be the name of the library itself. if you select a playlist you'll see a single list of all the tracks on that playlist, if you select the library name you will get a list of artists, selecting an artist will give you a list of albums and selecting an album gives you a list of songs. all the track tag information is extracted and each song is shown with it's full track name and playing time.

edit: sorry, but updating of play count etc. isn't supported.

- emg - 2004-07-23

now that we have playlist support, can we get air tunes support? i would just love to select xbox_1 from airtunes. it would be nice to "control" the music from itunes in stead of the xbox... i hate to turn on my projector just to select a new track or to use the web interface. :bowdown:

maybe it is possible to create a control interface with python?

- Gamester17 - 2004-07-23

@all requesting xbmc built-in workaround/hack/crack for apple itunes drm; please create a new topic thread as it's off-topic from this!
@()verbored/emg, "itunes airtunes / air tunes support" is also off-topic for this specific thread, so please create a new topic thread for it, tia

- ()verBored - 2004-07-23

(gamester17 @ july 23 2004,14:28 Wrote:@()verbored/emg, "itunes airtunes / air tunes support" is also off-topic for this specific thread, so please create a new topic thread for it
i started a new topic for "airtunes / air tunes" to explore that topic a little more in depth!

-()ver|}ored

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....370;r=1

- FastShow - 2004-07-24

will there be an interface for this anything like the 'browse' functionality in itunes library at all? i love being able to select artists to see their albums, or genres to see the artists, etc...