Kodi Community Forum
Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback (/showthread.php?tid=247382)

Pages: 1 2

Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-11-12

I have a weird issue where when I playback a recording it's never more than 30 minutes in length. Most of my 1 hour shows are 29 minutes, while my half hour shows are 23 minutes, so naturally I cannot watch the entire shows.

My Setup:
Custom HTPC Full ATX machine I built
Windows 7
WMC
Server_WMC
Playon

The device I am using is a RPI 2 B with OSMC and Server_WMC enabled under PVR Clients

The interesting thing is the file itself is fine. If I pull it up in an echo extender, in WMC or stream it as a standard file I can watch the whole thing, but when I view it under recordings or if I add it via new files it gives me this max time limit on PlayBack. Has anyone ever seen this? It's driving me nuts. My DVR is recording more and more shows and I can't watch them because if I stream them via SMB it keeps hiccuping and I can't seem to understand how to get NFS working. I installed feeNFS, but the RPI doesn't find it. I'm hoping someone knows what's going on with this time limit issue.

Kind regards, Ben

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - krustyreturns - 2015-11-12

There was a very old problem with ffmpeg and wtv files, where it would stop playing them after approximately that amount of time, but that problem has not existed for years so its hard to believe osmc has not updated. As an experiment, go to the Debug tab of serverwmc and check 'Remux the playback of all wtv files'. Then restart your client and see if that solves the problem. If it does, then osmc is out of date.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-11-12

I was worried it might be a 3rd party conflict. Do you think it's because I have the Shark007 Codecs installed? I initially had those installed because I was using two Ceton Echo Extenders until I recently tried out OSMC and RPI. I'm in love with OSMC and PI. Anywho, I know Shark uses ffmpeg, i'm wondering if that's my source? I will do the debug steps and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Edit: The version of OSMC I'm using is 2015.10-1

Kind regards, Ben

Ok, I removed My Media Files and the x32 and x64 Shark007 codecs. I also made that debug setting and rebooted and still get the same issue. I verified I am running OSMC 2015.10-1. I think that's a pretty new version of OSMC? Got any other ideas?

Kind regards, Ben

I got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction krustyreturns. I'm a programmer that's versed in C# .Net, Java, and Php. If there is anything I can ever do programming wise to help you out with something to say thanks, just hit me up with a PM.

One more question if you don't mind. I remember reading a sticky about adding the ability to schedule and cancel recordings as well as delete. I didn't have any settings for that until today when I noticed Timer. I'm assuming that's where I add/cancel a recording. Is that supported, or do I need to follow the sticky that says to copy 2 files to OSMC for the confluence skin to make it work? Sorry for the noob questions, but I promise as I dive in more and learn I pick-up quickly and will be self sufficient. This second question isn't a big deal if your busy. I am using 2 Ceton 6 tuner cards in my HTPC along with the Ceton My Media Center app for Android, so I typically just do all of my recordings in that so I can do it when I'm on the crapper or at the store, but if I could get it working in OSMC too that would be helpful for the non-technical family members that will eventually be using this setup. I just got my shipment of 3 more RPI's in and I'm going to spend tonight putting OSMC on them.

Kind regards, Ben

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - krustyreturns - 2015-11-12

Wait, you fixed it? What was the problem then?

Adding and canceling timers (i.e. recordings) are supported, and so is the deletion of existing recordings. Those xml files you are referring to (which are included by default these days for confluence and many other skins - so no hand editing required) were needed to give kodi the ability to do a 'series' recording. In other words, to record all the episodes of a series each time it airs. Just FYI: In kodi 16 (jarvis) these features will be added to kodi's core, when that happens these files won't be needed anymore (but that won't require user intervention either).

I have no experience with the ceton app, so not sure what it is using to do the recording. But if you use osmc to record a show, swmc will get the record command and it will send a record request to the wmc scheduling service running on your server pc. So all your osmc clients will be using the same scheduling service (so will wmc running on your server machine). If the ceton app uses the same service then they should all play together fine, if the ceton app is using something different then you might get issues with tuners being in contention.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-11-13

The fix was a combination of removing the My Media Files software on the htpc along with both the 32 bit and 64 bit Shark007 codecs. Next I rebooted the htpc. Then I opened Server_WMC and checked remux and closed Server_WMC and restarted the Server_WMC Windows Service. Finally, I rebooted the client and after all of this it worked. I'm almost certain it was the Shark Codecs. Thanks again for your help.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - krustyreturns - 2015-11-13

I'm pretty it was not the shark codecs, I have those installed too. I think it is working because the remux is being turned on every time you play a recording, so your client kodi is really playing a ts file, not a wtv file. This is not the ideal way to run swmc and it shouldn't be necessary. Consider posting your serverwmc log on pastebin.com and putting a link to it here. Maybe there is a clue there.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-11-14

That's interesting because after I verified that everything was working I shutdown the Server_WMC Service, opened the Server_WMC application un-checked remux, closed Server_WMC app, started the Service back up and restarted the client and it's still working. In fact, since removing that other software and the shark codecs my PI hitting WMC is way more stable. It's not crashing all of the time or freezing like it was doing. Only weird thing still going on is, some of the files finished reading in the info before I turned remux back off so some of them actually say how long the show is and the others that I haven't watched still say 07 of 07 or 1:32 of 1:32 since I haven't watched them yet. Those ones I can fast forward, but the ones that finished loading the full recording I can't fast forward, which is fine, I just read the KODI forums during commercials.

<deleted>

<deleted>

Sorry about the triple post. My connection was lagging for some reason. I tried to delete the dupes, but I don't think I have enough posts under my belt to do that yet because it told me I couldn't.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - krustyreturns - 2015-11-14

I'm confused, but so long as you are able to run with the remux off for recorded files then I'm okay being confused. Not sure what the other problem is. Maybe try resetting the kodi database.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-12-18

You were/are right. It was only working because I had Remux all wtv files. This kind of sucks because I can't seek forward or backwards and I can't resume where I left off. I turned Remux off and I can stream the whole file now, but it's constantly freezing. Here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/2hmvxH6B Any ideas you may have would be much appreciated. Thanks Krusty.

RE: Recording Time Length Limit on Playback - urbanfreak - 2015-12-18

Here is my ServiceLog and my Config.xml
Config.xml - http://pastebin.com/g3rnqSDp
Service Log - http://pastebin.com/ptTiFWDT