Kodi Community Forum
WindowXML GUI Toolkit (replaces GUIBuilder for XBMC python scripts for GUI coding) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: WindowXML GUI Toolkit (replaces GUIBuilder for XBMC python scripts for GUI coding) (/showthread.php?tid=24839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-24

Yup using AllocResources() fixes the texture bug.

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-24

Ok, When I get approval I'll commit the fix for the texture bug. I will also commit the fallbackMediaPath change at that time.

So scripters be prepared to move your /media/ folders inside your /skinofchoice/ folder with the /Pal/ folder

- matthuisman - 2007-04-25

Sounds good Nuka!

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-25

Quote:fixed: WindowXML: If fallback media path was used, some controls didn't render until focused
changed: WindowXML: Moved fallback media path inside the /skins/skinname/ folder with PAL, PAL16x9...

I forgot to thank JMarshall for the fix in the log, oops, thanks JMarshall

- matthuisman - 2007-04-25

IDEA!!

You should code in a self.getcurrentskinpath(), or self.getcurrentskinname().
ETC, i know you could just find out what skin xbmc is running but this won't work for scripts that allow changing of skins and also, when the script does not have a skin for the current xbmc skin.

- jmarshall - 2007-04-25

Have made some changes so that the fallback path is only set while the window is allocating resources or while the window is rendering (only 2 states where it should require it).

This is so that other windows that are allocating while the python window is up will use the correct directory.

Let me know if it breaks stuff or not.

Also: Are we not using m_fallbackPath (set in constructor of GUIPythonWindowXML ?)

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-25

Quote:Also: Are we not using m_fallbackPath (set in constructor of GUIPythonWindowXML ?)

I didn't find any other occurrence, I think the intent was for the xml files though not the media path.

Here's how it works currently:

xml file found in q:\scripts\PMIII\PAL
media search: 1. q:\skin\PMIII\media -> 2. q:\scripts\skins\PMIII\media
works good Smile

xml file found in q:\skin\PMIII\PAL
media search: 1. q:\skin\PMIII\media -> 2. q:\scripts\PMIII\media
works good for 1

I didn't bother calling g_graphicsContext.SetMediaDir() if the xml file was found in q:\skin\PMIII\PAL, thinking they would have all the images then.

This current way is fine and maybe a good thing, but, if 2. q:\scripts\PMIII\media is used, the texture doesn't show until focused bug is back.

I'm not sure how to fix that, the only thing I could do would be not set the fallback media path if the xml is found in q:\skin\PMIII\PAL.

I know your busy, by the way really nice additions lately, so I would say this is a low priority since it does work as one would expect. If you would like me to change so it doesn't call g_graphicsContext.SetMediaDir() in scenario 2, I will. If you have a quick change I can test I'll do that.

- matthuisman - 2007-04-28

Nuka, have you tried using fallback in a script on an actual xbox? I just tried my script which works great on xbmc_pc but on the actual xbox - no textures at all - even if i put my gfx straight into the skin/media folder. I looked at XBMCLyrics and see, even tho you have a media folder, your script will be using the pm3 gfx as they have the same name. Could you do me a favour and for example rename one of your gfx to "testme.png", and then change the xml to load this image. Then try on the xbox with the latest xbmc rev. And let me know if you can see the image.

Would be a great help.

Cheers Stanley87

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-28

http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn/old/WindowXMLTest.zip

That's what I used and your right it works on the PC, but not on the xbox.

I'm not sure what to think, I'll have to do more testing when I get a chance.

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-28

ok, solved. It was a slashatend issue. I need to build for pc now to test to make sure it still works on that. I may need an #ifdef for it.

- Nuka1195 - 2007-04-28

Stanley, I just committed a fix. It works on both Xbox and the PC.

I'm not sure if it's the right way to fix it. A developer will have to decide.

- matthuisman - 2007-04-29

Thanks, im compiling now.
I was talking to Donno the other day and said hows its funny that we now use xbmc_pc so much, that an issue with the actual xbox goes un-noticed for awhile :-D

- l8tig - 2007-05-06

it is possible to post 2 list different on the same screen with same the xml?
ex: list channel + list epg

- Nuka1195 - 2007-05-06

should be as long as they are not both in the id range 50-59

- l8tig - 2007-05-06

thank you, it's work Smile