Kodi Community Forum
WIP Xbox One Skin - Remastered - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: WIP Xbox One Skin - Remastered (/showthread.php?tid=253035)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - blueshinex - 2019-11-09

Hello toyota12303 ✪

Welcome Back! 

Thank You for your beutiful Skin. 👍 

I am looking forward to the final release.

Yours faithfully
blueshinex

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - toyota12303 - 2019-11-09

Hi blueshinex, thank you. It's good to be back!

I have just released a small update for the theme, it is still a very early release so expect some things to still not work or look right yet. A new download link is available on the first post.

This update includes: 
Added app support for Twitch, Spotify, Soundcloud, BBC iPlayer, Crackle - these are optional, if you have the addons installed then they will appear in the games and apps section and you will be able to use the addons with a skinned ui - see images below - more to come in the future
Fixed some errors with game and app management
Fixed the redeem - delete buttons in game and apps - these still need a lot of work but they function now
Updated the store section - this now links to the addon browser and displays addons you can install - it also links to the crackle addon and you can get movies and tv shows from here
Made some features of the dashboard unavailable when you loose internet connection - this is to avoid any errors
Made some updates to the design of Groove and Movies & Tv apps
Updated skin requirements - requires youtube and crackle addon and should be installed from the addon browser automatically when installing the skin. For now these are required for providing content for the dashboard, these will be optional in next updates.

Here are a few screenshots of some of the changes (still needs work):
watch gallery

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - comzero - 2019-11-10

Hi will come another ps4 skin or just xbox one skin and game splashscreen

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - beachkid - 2019-11-10

Nice! Gonna try this later on.

Are you also going to do the OneGuide as well? Would be cool to have that oh and app support for VRV (IDK if someone made that yet not sure)

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - toyota12303 - 2019-11-11

@comzero Hi, for now I'm just working on this theme while I have the spare time. I'm waiting to see what the new PS5 interface will look like before I start making a new theme based on it. (I'll be doing the same for the Xbox theme if it gets a new dashboard)

@beachkid Thanks! For now I'm mainly focusing on skinning the rest of the unfinished sections and making everything functional. I do plan to add in the oneguide along with more addon/app support and features.

I have just released a small update, this is available on the first post.

This update includes:
Completely new way games are managed in the games and apps section, if you install the advanced launcher addon and import your games, they will automatically appear in the games and apps section. When you launch them they will fade to a black screen and will be available to resume on the dashboard.
Advanced launcher isn't required for the skin to install, but if you choose to not install it then the games section in games and apps will be hidden.

Updated game library:
watch gallery

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - blueshinex - 2019-11-12

Hello toyota12303 ✪

This games library is the best ever. Great!

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to the next updates Smile

Yours faithfully
blueshinex

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - comzero - 2019-11-12

Hi will also be giving a game splash screen before every game start.

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - toyota12303 - 2019-11-12

@blueshinex Thank you! Smile

@comzero The latest update now supports game splash screens, to enable this just open advanced launcher and set your game fanart, when launching your game from games & apps or the home screen it will display the splash screen.

I have just released another small update, this update includes:

Full YouTube app support (You need to be signed in to the YouTube addon to use this app) - See images below
Improved startup animation
Improved first time setup, includes a new setup video, also includes an option to view help that will explain how to use and navigate some parts of the dashboard. - See images below
Included access to the help from the dashboard as well, if you go to the add more tab on home and select welcome, this will also open help.
Game splash screen - to enable this, set a fanart for your game in advanced launcher. When launching your game from games & apps or home it will display your fanart as a splash screen.

watch gallery

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - toyota12303 - 2019-11-16

I have just released a pretty big new update, a download link is available on the first post.

This new update features: 
+Updated 4 tab sections (Mixer, Store, Community, Game Pass) - These sections are now functioning, mixer provides gameplay clips that you can watch, Store links in to the Kodi store and gives you all the features that the default addonbrowser provides, community provides videos from Xbox, game pass provides you with the latest game trailers.)
+Updated pins section on home - includes big pin button to manage your pins
+New section on home that shows your installed games, this is only available if you have advanced launcher installed and games in your library
+New section for the store now available on home
+All content sections on the dashboard can now be toggled on/off from the add more section
+Added an option to the context menu to set an image from the file manager as the dashboard background
+Started working on a new light theme (UNFINISHED) This is only partly complete and a lot of sections aren't finished yet
+Updates to the games & apps section - This now includes all of your installed apps in each section, e.g. all of your video apps appear in videos, same with music etc.
+Random game button added in to games in games & apps, click it to randomly select a game that you can play (This is unfinished, currently only randomly selects a game from a library smaller than 20)
+Updates to media apps - Soundcloud, iPlayer, Spotify, YouTube, Twitch - The ui still needs some changes but the buttons are now functional
+Fixed pins and games list width and height
+Fixed startup animation loading time
+Some new icon designs
+Fixed some buttons not clickable
+Added loading wheel for when some content is still loading
+Improvements to setup
+Removed requirement for Crackle, the only requirements are now YouTube and Globalsearch - this is automatically installed when installing the skin

Here's a video of the theme being setup and a tour of how it's currently looking:

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - blueshinex - 2019-11-17

Hello toyota12303 ✪

This new update is absolutely stunning Smile 
Very good work. Nod

Thank you very much.

Yours faithfully
blueshinex

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - toyota12303 - 2019-11-22

@blueshinex - Thank you!

I have just released another update, a new link is available on the first post.

This update features:

- 5 Most recently used shortcuts/apps will now appear on the dashboard in the top row, these change constantly every time you launch a new app/shortcut. These can also be games from your library.
- 3 Ads on the dashboard now update every time you launch Kodi, these will display a trailer from Xbox, a movie trailer from Netflix, and a recent game trailer. These play straight from YouTube.
- New options menu
- Updated icons
- Updated focus texture throughout the dashboard
- Updated store buttons
- Updated shortcuts in Groove
- Added a new customization section that can be accessed from the dashboard - see images
- Updated animations
- Updated links and advertisements in store, game pass, community and mixer
- Changed the way that dashboard content is loaded, all of it now begins to load in the background when you sign in or start Kodi so when you access store, mixer, community and game pass, the content should be available almost instantly (depending on your internet speed)
- Updated light theme, this is now almost complete
- Changes to some fonts

Here are a few images of the latest update:
watch gallery

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - blueshinex - 2019-11-23

Hello toyota12303 ✪

The new update features are very, very great!

like a little kid, I'm looking forward to the next updates. Nod

Thank you very much! for your hard work.

Yours faithfully
blueshinex

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - SweRdeX - 2019-11-28

How can I change the cover of the game? I press the edit launcher then the change thumbnail imag, select the picture, but nothing happens. What format and size should the picture be?

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - SweRdeX - 2019-11-28

(2019-11-28, 18:34)SweRdeX Wrote: How can I change the cover of the game? I press the edit launcher then the change thumbnail/fanart image, select the picture, but nothing happens. What format and size should the picture be?

RE: Xbox One Skin - Remastered - blueshinex - 2019-11-28

@SweRdeX

Welcome Smile

With Advanced Launcher, you need to edit the already created launcher.

For thumbnails -> change thumbnail.
- Select Local Image (Link) with at least 250x250 pixel.
or a poster format

For the background picture -> choose fanart change picture.
- Select Local Image (Link) with at least 1920 x 1080 pixel.

for example.
https://i.imgur.com/198IxCtl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BcWhOCw.jpg