Kodi Community Forum
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On (/showthread.php?tid=25522)

help - vinny75 - 2007-09-08

I downloaded Uitzendinggemist v2.0 script from the link on this thread and launched from xbmc. It appears to start and I see all the icons on the screen but I cant do anything. It appears frozen.

Is there a step I am missing? Please advice. I see a message saying there is a new version available. But it is unresponsive with any keys on the remote..

help

- Basje - 2007-09-08

vinny75 Wrote:I downloaded Uitzendinggemist v2.0 script from the link on this thread and launched from xbmc. It appears to start and I see all the icons on the screen but I cant do anything. It appears frozen.

Is there a step I am missing? Please advice. I see a message saying there is a new version available. But it is unresponsive with any keys on the remote..

help

Are you using the most recent version of xbmc and most recent version (2.70b5) of the script?

- guyrandom - 2007-09-10

Just had to register to say thanks for such an amazing script, i had begun to think the xbmc scripting scene had slowed down for good, many thanks to basje and also rootyb for everything so far and showing that there is still so much more than can be achived.

just to confirm i'm running

XBMC_-_Xbox_Media_Center_(2007-08-12)-TECH

with the lastest XOT-UZG (Uitzendinggemist.v2.7.0b5.7z)

and it all works fine although it wasn't working with a previous version of XBMC from august, so anyone having this problem just update XMBC and all should be ok...

Big Grin

- guyrandom - 2007-09-10

Just had to register to say thanks for such an amazing script, i had begun to think the xbmc scripting scene had slowed down for good, many thanks to basje and also rootyb for everything so far and showing that there is still so much more than can be achived.

just to confirm i'm running

XBMC_-_Xbox_Media_Center_(2007-08-12)-TECH

with the lastest XOT-UZG (Uitzendinggemist.v2.7.0b5.7z)

and it all works fine although it wasn't working with a previous version of XBMC from august, so anyone having this problem just update XBMC and all should be ok...

Big Grin

- Stephenj - 2007-09-12

vinny75 Wrote:I downloaded Uitzendinggemist v2.0 script from the link on this thread and launched from xbmc. It appears to start and I see all the icons on the screen but I cant do anything. It appears frozen.

help

I have the latest version and I experience the sam problem! :-S I was really looking foward to this great script

- dominater01 - 2007-09-12

hey stephenj are u talking about the link i posted on here cuz thats b4 not b5

- Stephenj - 2007-09-13

dominater01 Wrote:hey stephenj are u talking about the link i posted on here cuz thats b4 not b5

b5....

- Basje - 2007-09-13

Stephenj Wrote:b5....

Please post/mail a logfile (uzg.log and/or uzg.old.log) so we can get some more information. Without that, solving a problem is almost impossible.

- realjobe - 2007-09-14

The script works quite ok, but is there any way to
change the player from dvdplayer tp Mplayer?

- H2Deetoo - 2007-09-17

Hi Basje,

Using latest version of script (b05) it seems that SBS6 isn't working.

When clicking SBS6 you get a list a programs, and when clicking a particular program it shows "Please wait while loading data" and nothing happens.

This is tested on 2 different xbox's (2 different xbmc versions).

Can you check it (and fix it if so) please?

Many thanks for this wonderfull script ofcourse Smile

H2Deetoo,

- rootyb - 2007-09-17

realjobe Wrote:The script works quite ok, but is there any way to
change the player from dvdplayer tp Mplayer?

On channels that have the context menu enabled, you can use it to choose your player, I believe. Might have to be added to the channel, though.

- dan_f14 - 2007-09-17

The Joox channel seems to be down. I think this has something to do with Joox recently blocking the urrlib user agent

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28434&highlight=joox

I know there is a way around this as Unbehagen has edited the plugin to enable access to Joox. I was wondering if someone could fix the JooX script as I have no experience at writing code in Python.

Working Fix - VincePirez - 2007-09-18

You are correct. Joox.net appear to be blocking the urllib2 User-Agent string, throwing up a 403 Forbidden error message on the server.

Fortunately, this is easily fixed Smile

Navigate to your scripts, locate the plugin, and open the "libs" folder.
Locate the file uriopener.py and edit it in your relevant editor.

Locate this line (either on or near line 22):
Code:
self.uriOpener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(self.cj))

Replace this line with the following 3 lines:
Code:
self.uriOpener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(self.cj))
self.user_agent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 Alexa Toolbar"
self.uriOpener.addheaders = [('User-Agent', self.user_agent)]

If this is too much for you, feel free to download the fix here and overwrite the previous uriopener.py file.

This should now force urllib2 to spoof itself as the latest version of FireFox. Alternatively, you can modify the "self.user_agent" variable to add anything you wish.....

Please Note
I do not support this fix, nor will I respond to PM's or e-mails about it "not working". I'm merely providing this to try and help those who use Joox regularly, and are stuck with it currently not working. I am not a Python guru. I literally learnt what I know about urllib2 in 10 minutes, so I could fix this issue Smile

Many thanks to Basje for the awesome script! Looking forward to further updates.

- Unbehagen - 2007-09-19

Basje, I really fell in love with your script. I looked into it and as you might know already, I'm also a huge fan of the new XBMC plugin architecture. I think there might be a chance to have a compatibility layer to use the Uitzendinggemist channels for a plugin. So everyone that wants some media to be accessible via plugin would at the same time also do this for Uitzendinggemist and vice versa. I currently don't have the time to write everything myself. Would anybody help me with this task?

Uitzendinggemist with Joox channel eg. - realjobe - 2007-09-22

Hi there.

Now that I have discovered that XBMC Uitzendinggemist v2.7.xx has also Context Menu on a playable content, like "Download", "Play with Mplayer" and "Play with DVD player" the intrest has REALLY changed!

This is a God Damd MUST HAVE script now!

Finally I can download clips etc directly from eg. Joox, TV links or from any other channel that has been implemented. Download is needed because if I watch the Stream OnLine I can not skip or Fastforward, only when the Clip is downloaded and showd locally.

There is ONE thing that I think MUST be done with JOOX channel script under Uitzendinggemist:

There is missing one Root Selection that is in "original "Joox v1.2.1 script:
There is suppose to be "Newly added Movies", Confirmed" and unConfimed".

under Uitzendinggemist there is "Recently added, needs confirmation" which is the same as "unConfimed"

!! "Newly added Movies" is missing from Uitzendinggemist Joox's channel!
Can any one add this to it, please!

Smile