Kodi Community Forum
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On (/showthread.php?tid=25522)

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 22:12)swetoast Wrote: Probably been discussed before but the STV channels stutter under openelec rpi any solution for that ?

Try lowering the stream bitrate via de XOT add-on settings.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.3.7 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - swetoast - 2013-11-23

Tnx Basje that sorted my issue Smile now its just a matter of finding the perfect bitrate before stuttering occors

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.3.7 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 23:18)swetoast Wrote: Tnx Basje that sorted my issue Smile now its just a matter of finding the perfect bitrate before stuttering occors

The bitrate you set is used to determine the optimal stream. If you were to look at the xot logfile after starting the playback of a video, you will see the available streams and their bitrates.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.3.7 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-23, 20:38)Basje Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 01:41)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 14:25)Basje Wrote: I managed to fix the length issue. I will create a pull request for the XBMC team and see what they have to say about my changes.

EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3683

Sorry for the late reply, have been really busy lately.

But awesome! Really great that you took the time to look into the issue! Is there a way i can have that in my XBMC now Big Grin? Or do i have to wait for the next version of XBMC or something (if the XBMC team likes it aswell)?

There is quite some discussion about the pull request. I merely made a fix to address your problem. But apparently the actual issue (the way it all works at the moment) is not ideal. So I don't know if they will accept the pull request. But I am working on it. Are you able to compile XBMC yourself? If so, then you can compile a custom version with my fix in it.

The Pull request was accepted today and merged into master: 771a234

So it will be in the next nightly and then in the November Alpha of 13.0.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Peppin - 2013-11-26

Hi Bas,

After updating to version 3.4 the Uitzendingemist streams (both mobile and regular) stopped working...stuck in buffering. Tried all sort of different settings.

Thanks..

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-26, 22:37)Peppin Wrote: Hi Bas,

After updating to version 3.4 the Uitzendingemist streams (both mobile and regular) stopped working...stuck in buffering. Tried all sort of different settings.

Thanks..

You really need to tell a bit more. Please upload a xot(plugin).log to pastebin.com and post the link here. Also tell me what settings you have tried?

EDIT: No problems here
EDIT2: perhaps this was caused by the big computer outage they had at NPO.nl this evening?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Peppin - 2013-12-04

(2013-11-26, 22:41)Basje Wrote:

Thanks..

You really need to tell a bit more. Please upload a xot(plugin).log to pastebin.com and post the link here. Also tell me what settings you have tried?

EDIT2: perhaps this was caused by the big computer outage they had at NPO.nl this evening?
Sorry, I tried various max bandwidth plus streaming and cached play.
Streaming should still work, right?

I will try to post logs later..

Re: RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-04, 15:34)Peppin Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 22:41)Basje Wrote:

Thanks..

Sorry, I tried various max bandwidth plus streaming and cached play.
Streaming should still work, right?

I will try to post logs later..

Ok, waiting for the logs then.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Sleuteltje - 2013-12-05

(2013-11-24, 18:13)Basje Wrote: There is quite some discussion about the pull request. I merely made a fix to address your problem. But apparently the actual issue (the way it all works at the moment) is not ideal. So I don't know if they will accept the pull request. But I am working on it. Are you able to compile XBMC yourself? If so, then you can compile a custom version with my fix in it.

The Pull request was accepted today and merged into master: 771a234

So it will be in the next nightly and then in the November Alpha of 13.0.
Finally got some time again to furter setup xbmc. It was really busy at school lately. And i've subscribed to this thread by email, otherwise i'll forget again Blush.

Okay, so i just have to download the latest Nightly? The Alpha of 13.0 doesn't sound very appealing. I've read across the forums that many people are experiencing some problems with 13.0, especially with some add-ons. I'll rather have a stable release.

Is the Nightly stable (enough)? I'll mainly want to have the xbmc i have now, but with the 4096 line support.

And again, i can't stress enough how gratefull I am for this. I really didn't expect you going so out of your way to fix this! I know programming in your free time isn't always a pleasure Big Grin. I'm a poor student, but would still like to buy you a beer. But we're on the internet, so do you have a donate button/paypal, where i can donate you a beer?

EDIT: And yes, i've read the topic, i've seen the concerns. But from what i've understood, it isn't the best fix, but until that best fix arrives, this will do. Since it's also accepted to be in Gotham, right?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Ravetrancer - 2013-12-14

Ill write this inboth English and Swedish.
My english may be little poor when explaining and maybe theres a swede that will understand me better.

This is about Kanal 5 Play on swedish television.
I read some pages back that some are experiencing shows that stip working after about 15-20 sec.
I have the same issue.
Ive tried to see why this is happening and ive come to this conclusion.
All swedish shows work perfectly.
The shows from USA like Big bang theory are those who stop working after 15sec. This is also for Arrow.

This is really strange.
These 2 shows are also the ones that can not be AIR PLAYED. All swedish shows can be air played. When trying to air play them it says "we dont have the rights to air play this show"
Somehow i find this to be connected somehow, the xbmc that wont play more than 15 sec for Big Bang and Arrow and when trying to air play the show from the ipad it says that Kanal 5 doesnt have the right to air play it.

Why do all swedish produced shows work on kanal 5 with XOT but not the American?

I hope that someone can figure it out.

It doesnt matter which Xbmc or openelec i use, neither whichversion ofXOT i use.

On Swedish.
Har testat med både xbmc och openelec, olika versioner och även XOT olikaversioner.
Alla svenska program går att spela upp felfritt på xbmc och Kanal 5s utbud. Det är bara de amerikanska som bryter efter iss exakt 15sek.
Jag kan inte förstå varför detta händer och hoppas att någon mer insatt i kodning mm har ett svar.
Det påminner mig lite om air play funktionen på min ipad. Alla Kanal 5s svenska program går att köra med air play till xbmc förutom de amerikanska Big bang Theory ochArrow.
Det är ett litet lås på air playikonenoch närman trycker på det så står det att kanal 5 inte har rättigheter att visa programmet via Air Play.

Hoppas nån kan knäcka denna nöt.

//R

Re: RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 04:11)Ravetrancer Wrote: Ill write this inboth English and Swedish.
My english may be little poor when explaining and maybe theres a swede that will understand me better.

I read some pages back that some are experiencing shows that stip working after about 15-20 sec.
I have the same issue.
The shows from USA like Big bang theory are those who stop working after 15sec. This is also for Arrow.

This is really strange.
These 2 shows are also the ones that can not be AIR PLAYED. All swedish shows can be air played. When trying to air play them it says "we dont have the rights to air play this show"
Somehow i find this to be connected somehow, the xbmc that wont play more than 15 sec for Big Bang and Arrow and when trying to air play the show from the ipad it says that Kanal 5 doesnt have the right to air play it.

Why do all swedish produced shows work on kanal 5 with XOT but not the American?

It doesnt matter which Xbmc or openelec i use, neither whichversion ofXOT i use.

On Swedish.
Har testat med både xbmc och openelec, olika versioner och även XOT olikaversioner.
Alla svenska program går att spela upp felfritt på xbmc och Kanal 5s utbud. Det är bara de amerikanska som bryter efter iss exakt 15sek.
Jag kan inte förstå varför detta händer och hoppas att någon mer insatt i kodning mm har ett svar.
Det påminner mig lite om air play funktionen på min ipad. Alla Kanal 5s svenska program går att köra med air play till xbmc förutom de amerikanska Big bang Theory ochArrow.
Det är ett litet lås på air playikonenoch närman trycker på det så står det att kanal 5 inte har rättigheter att visa programmet via Air Play.

//R

SWF (flash) has some DRM methods to prevent playing streams by other means than the flash player. One is the verification of playback software, which is the SWF file on the website.

If they update the flash player's SWF file , I need to update the Kanal 5 channel in XOT.

It could also be that they require a heartbeat connection to keep playing. XOT does not support this.

Bottom line: of you create a bug report on the XOT google code page, we will look into this.

The DRM is also preventing airplay.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Ravetrancer - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 10:48)Basje Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 04:11)Ravetrancer Wrote: Ill write this inboth English and Swedish.

I have the same issue.

This is really strange.

On Swedish.

//R

SWF (flash) has some DRM methods to prevent playing streams by other means than the flash player. One is the verification of playback software, which is the SWF file on the website.

If they update the flash player's SWF file , I need to update the Kanal 5 channel in XOT.

It could also be that they require a heartbeat connection to keep playing. XOT does not support this.

Bottom line: of you create a bug report on the XOT google code page, we will look into this.

The DRM is also preventing airplay.
I understood absolutely squat of what you explained hehe, im a total lamer when it comes to coding etc. Im ok with finding whatworks and what not.
I remember something a while ago when i contacted Kanal 5 in a other issue i had. It was that i couldnt play big bang on my ipad 2 from their iOS app.
It just said something about DRM.
Well my iPad and iPhone are jailbreaked so i looked n to it a bit and there was a issue playing Big bang on jailbreaked devices. Dont remember if it was some setting i had to do or if i had to use some package from Cydia to get it working.

But i should create a bug report. Ill try to find where to do that, never done it before but ill google it and see if ill manage to do that Smile
If someone will manage to fix this issue it would be very appreciated

Thnx

Do i have to make DEBUG uzg.log or uzgplugin.log and add an
xbmc.logHuh
I dont know howto.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - Basje - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 21:59)Ravetrancer Wrote: Do i have to make DEBUG uzg.log or uzgplugin.log and add an
xbmc.logHuh
I dont know howto.

XOT Log levels: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubleshooting/#Log_level_settings (so via the XOT Add-on settings)
XBMC Debug logging: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/System#Debugging

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.4.0 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on - sonnyprent - 2013-12-17

Hey Basje,

allereerst ontzettend bedankt voor deze add-on. Ik had een tijdje een probleem dat de streams halverwege de uitzending stopten en bleven bufferen om de 10 seconden. Inmiddels is dit verholpen door de video buffercache van xbmc in advancedsettings.xml te vergroten (en verschillende drivers te updaten). Wellicht hebben andere mensen hier iets aan; http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Dan nu nog een andere vraag van mijn kant;
Is het mogelijk om bepaalde streams (urls) van XOT te gebruiken om in een add-on als pseudotv live te voegen (xmltv based channel surfing voor video library, livetv and Internettv en wellicht dus uitzendinggemist)? Hierdoor zou het mogelijk kunnen zijn om zelf zenders in te delen met bepaalde uitzendinggemist programma's. Hiervoor moet een xmltv bestand aangemaakt worden om zelf kanalen in te delen. Het zou dan bijvoorbeeld mogelijk zijn om een apart xmltv kanaal te maken voor alle gemiste DWDD-aflveringen of alle Studio Sport-afleveringen (om maar war voorbeelden te noemen). Of gewoon een kanaal te maken van alle uitzendingen van Nederland 1, 2, of 3, etc.

Ik moet zeggen dat ik nog niet helemaal alles weet van xmltv, maar ga er binnenkort voor zitten. Door zoiets op te zetten zou je een voltallige (internet) tv-ervaring op kunnen zetten met epg-functionaliteiten en eigen tv-kanalen samenstellen (weliswaar een dag later, doordat je uitzendinggemist streams gebruikt, maar toch). Hierdoor lijkt voor mij een tv-abonnement bijna overbodig, haha!

De crux zit hem waarschijnlijk in het automatisch verkrijgen of playlisten van nieuwe beschikbare streamurls, zodat deze worden gelezen door pseudotv live. Het is een beetje een lang verhaal geworden, sorry daarvoor. Maar ik vroeg me af of dit al door mensen geprobeerd is of het überhaupt mogelijk is. Zo ja, zou ik hier, wanneer ik tijd heb wel een keer aan willen werken/helpen (hoewel ik absoluut geen programmeur ben).

Waarschijnlijk ben je al bekend met pseudotvlive, maar voor de zekerheid: https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseudotv.live
Voor zover ik weet zijn deze mogelijkheden nog niet ingebakken in XOTV en is het alleen mogelijk om streams te bekijken door ze manueel te selecteren door de menu's.

Alvast bedankt,
Sonny