Kodi Community Forum
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script... (/showthread.php?tid=25770)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- dafunks - 2007-08-12

Ibb1982 Wrote:I've always had trouble with playing stage6, tried changing cache, got the latest tech build of XMBC and latest TV Links script. I looked around the threads, but can't seem to find a fix.

Amazing script, but just not able to play stage 6. Just to make sure the links weren't dead I checked on my pc, the links were working fine there.

Hope someone can help, cheers

It is nopt XBMC or the scripts but prob your internet connection. Maybe it is too slow to the big files ( most are about 350MB in size) but if it is not that maybe your ISP limits downloads from the site (If this can be done)

I have no problems but i know my ISP limits me on torrents and p2p... they just do not know about stage6.

That is all i can think off. I have no problems with my cache and leave it as default or someties take it higher but not much.

- TheBoxMan - 2007-08-13

I hit two problems using the tv-links script.

(I'm about to give the dutch one a try too and will report back asap Wink )

The first problem I hit with the tv-links script was it wouldn't start up.

I took a look at the python script log thingy on the xbox and traced the error to a problem with two instances of 'focuscolor=' or something like that - presumably designed to change the font colour when certain options were selected.

I simply deleted these as it didn't seem to recognise the variable (anyone any idea what's going on? why that's the case?)

Anyway after those two changes it loads up ok. Judging what I'm looking at is a bit difficult because I've taken out the font colour changing presumably. Script looks great. It downloads the directories and everything perfectly.

Now to stream.

I navigate to something I'm sure works because I watched it earlier on in the day.

I selected it.

Up comes the 'connecting' box....

sit awaiting something happening....and nothing does.

I've had this problem with a few streaming scripts these days.

Anyone got any clue what could be going wrong on both counts?

- Unbehagen - 2007-08-13

TheBoxMan Wrote:I took a look at the python script log thingy on the xbox and traced the error to a problem with two instances of 'focuscolor=' or something like that - presumably designed to change the font colour when certain options were selected.
You have an old XBMC release?
[quote=TheBoxMan]
I navigate to something I'm sure works because I watched it earlier on in the day.
Quote:Please supply the URLs.

- TheBoxMan - 2007-08-13

Could be. I thought my build was from February/March time.

Turns out it's XBMC Build 2.0.1 (Compiled Nov 12 2006) with Mplayer from Sept 24th 2006.

Suppose I ought to update.

How painful is upgrading?...What settings will I lose?

As for links I tried

Hustle Season 4 Episode 2 (which is a divx one).

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/1/2234

and a few others.

I know the link works as it plays fine on my laptop.

I know it's unlikely to be the connection for that reason and because I have a 20 Mbps connection Wink

Strangely I've been having problems with quite a bit of streaming lately. The joox script hasn't been working. google videos hasn't been working too good either. And now tv links.....

*scratches his head*

- Unbehagen - 2007-08-13

TheBoxMan Wrote:Suppose I ought to update.
yes, it is.
TheBoxMan Wrote:How painful is upgrading?...What settings will I lose?
Not at all if you do it right. Read the manual and ask if you have problems.

TheBoxMan Wrote:Hustle Season 4 Episode 2 (which is a divx one).
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/1/2234
Works perfectly here.

- Citrus - 2007-08-13

If I use the http://192.168.1.6/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayFile&parameter=http://tv-links.co.uk/video/9/6242/9726/60777/85663/ephemeral/d508f1b5fd56d7cb8145b06b2805ad2e4ea1298b1feffe3f16d6d3d12ee5682b7089fbd78b770cece7fcc77dee4614fc01d3c9af9b774d7be27c5f9c03bbc5ad21d8697e4e1c2537/go.divx
to stream a video from TV-Links it doesn't work. How did you get it to work in the script?

- TheBoxMan - 2007-08-14

Unbehagen Wrote:Not at all if you do it right. Read the manual and ask if you have problems.

Ok...I'm in the process of upgrading...

*twiddles thumbs nervously*

I'm upgrading to XBMC-SVN_2007-08-12_rev9920-T3CH

Wink

Lets just hope the script works after it because it looks absolutely breathtakingly awesome (If it does I'm buying two new Xboxs in the next couple of days so that I can have one for every TV set in the house).

In case anyone is in the same situation upgrading is as simple as: backing up the 'UserData' file then overwriting the old version of XBMC with the new and finally overwriting the UserData file in the new version with your original.....I think. If not we'll find out soon Wink

- TheBoxMan - 2007-08-14

Hey guys,

Looks like my upgrade went well. Although my favourate skin MC360 isn't showing any text (...font settings wrong somehow? or do I need to tweak something?)

I've switched to the original version of the script (rather than the one I modified).

It's still not streaming although the behavior has changed a bit. Now what happens is I'm getting a quick progression of dialogue boxes, where (I think) it finds the given link and attempts to connect.

No caching appears to occur and not a lot happens after that. I'm testing the same links with my laptop and they're wroking fine....thoughts on what's up?

Oh also tested the dutch script it also looks very polished (but won't exit and isn't succeeding in streaming either)

Thanks for all your help guys Wink

- Unbehagen - 2007-08-14

Are you using a proxy?

- TheBoxMan - 2007-08-14

Thought I was.....unchecked the 'enable http proxy' setting and suddenly it starts working! (well except the fonts on MC 360 Sad )
Thanks folks you guys are awesome!

- xaver_cox - 2007-08-18

Alright guys...I still have the same problem as mentioned here previously: Most pages just stay blank.

My question to the people that got the script working:

What XBMC build are YOU usingHuh

Thanks heaps!

- ShortySco - 2007-08-18

Works like a dream here.... on the latest T3ch SVN build.... and about the previous five worked also.

Shorty

- Unbehagen - 2007-08-18

xaver_cox Wrote:I still have the same problem as mentioned here previously: Most pages just stay blank.
I tried most of the current builds, like GasGiver, T3CH, self-compiled, etc. All of them worked. Maybe you have a slow/laggy connection to Tv-links? Or you don't have the latest TVLinks version? Try to install it via XBMCScripts.com installer. You should find version 1.01u(nbehagen) of the script there.
Do you use a proxy server? Users using proxy servers reported problems. URLLib/Python/TVLinks script just won't use your proxy. Maybe you have some very strange kind of firewall that filters sites via keywords? Please tell us if you checked all of those points. If none of that works, please post the python script log (available if you press white button in the scripts browser), take a screenshot and upload it somewhere and post the link here. If there are multiple pages, please take a screenshot for every page.
If you have a bit of experience with python, you can add your own print statements in getEps and similar methods to see where the problem is.

- Karakh - 2007-08-18

Does anyone else get really squeeky audio on most vids with this? Sounds kinda like a highly compressed mp3, and when viewed in firefox it sounds fine.
(using latest TECH build).

- ShortySco - 2007-08-18

Karakh Wrote:Does anyone else get really squeeky audio on most vids with this? Sounds kinda like a highly compressed mp3, and when viewed in firefox it sounds fine.
(using latest TECH build).

Some files are of low quality and have bad sound, others are good quality...

Also, the t3CH build from a week or two ago had a bug that cause cracks and pops in some avi audio files.... if you didn't already update to the latest.

Shorty