Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working (/showthread.php?tid=260551)

Pages: 1 2

Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - russellhearn69 - 2016-02-20

I'm running 15.2 Isengard and no mater what i try i can't get the music addons to work, i have installed the scrip.skinshortcuts-master.zip and it is still doesn't work, i'm trying to make my own build and this is the last thing i have to do to finish, any help would be great.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - BobCratchett - 2016-02-20

What isn't working?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - russellhearn69 - 2016-02-21

Any Music addon i install won't work from the sub menu, If i go to the music tab and then go down to the sub menu i created for the addon, nothing happens, if i click on the music tab in the main menu it opens the music addon library and i can select an addon but again nothing happens but if i lauch a music addon by going through system/addons/my addons/music addons, it works.

I read somewhere that it was to do with "script.skinshortcuts-master" and i was pointed to giyhub to download it and install it but it didn't help at all, any help would be great and sorry for not making myself clear enough in the first post.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - BobCratchett - 2016-02-21

The more information you give, the better the chances of someone being able to help Wink

The symptoms do sound the same as the issue the led to people using the git version of script-skinshortcuts, but that particular issue was fixed. It's possible you have an unusual variation of it, though. You can try manually changing the non-working shortcuts by choosing 'Change action' from the sub-menu customiser, then the last item in the list 'Custom action'.

The current action will be in the form 'ActivateWindow(xxxx,'plugin://path.to/plugin',return)' (the xxxx will vary depending on what version of script.skinshortcuts and Kodi you have. Try changing the xxxx to Music or MusicLibrary.

If that doesn't work, please post a link to a full debug log (wiki) showing you launching any non-working shortcuts.

It's also worth making sure you have correctly installed any git version of script.skinshortcuts - manually installing can lead to multiple versions being installed and Kodi can get confused about which one it should be using. Check in your addon directory (one directory 'up' from the userdata (wiki) directory) that there is no folder title 'script.skinshortcuts-master' or similar. If there is, delete it. You should only have one 'script.skinshortcuts' folder.

ok so here is my log, http://pastebin.com/CsxYDxGd
I don't really know what to look for in the log but it doesn't look too good to me but as i say i don't know much about the logs

So after getting help on another forum someone came up with the idea of adding the addon to favorites, launch the addon then remove it from favorites and low and behold it now works, why does that have to happen that way, oh my log still doesn't look great to me lol

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - farbot - 2016-02-22

I have a similar problem with playlists, I can only add them to the sub-menu (on the main menu) if they are added to favorites and then add them from favorites instead of the playlists section. This seems like a larger issue at hand.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - BobCratchett - 2016-02-22

Please post the action of the shortcut when created via favourites and via whichever method doesn't work (you may need to choose 'Change Action' and then 'Custom Action' - the last item in the list - to see the full action easily).

Please also say which version of Kodi you're using, and if your system isn't as full as russellhearn's of addons which violate the forums piracy policy, please post a link to a debug log (wiki). With that information, I might be able to see what any larger issue is.

Using Jarvis 16.0 on Windows 10.

Example of a linked playlist from favorites that works: ActivateWindow(10502,"special://profile/playlists/music/Favorite Albums.xsp",return)

Example of a linked playlists linked directly from playlists that doesn't work: :TongueLAYLIST>MusicLibrary::

Nothing visibly happens when I click the latter created item.

It's not a priority for me since I have a workaround. Just reporting it, hope that helps a little.

Thanks for that. With the one thats not working, the Skin Shortcuts script is failing somewhere around the point where it asks you what you want to do with a playlist (Play, Display, Party Mode) when selecting it for the menu. I've reproduced the error with an m3u playlist and the Party Mode action and will push a fix for it to git shortly. If you - or anyone else - has specific cases of when it doesn't work (type of playlist, action) let me know. And thanks for the bug report Smile

Oh great! Thanks a lot for looking into this! I will test it out again tomorrow then if the fix is pushed. Just wanted to let you know already that I had just added a Playlist from the Playlist section to the sub-menu, with no action specified which - if I remember correctly - used to Display the playlist. I had no idea you could party-mode different playlists with Actions, looking forward to having that work as that would be preferred over simply displaying one!

Party Mode is something we added fairly recently to the script. Unfortunately, because Nox 5 is the only skin that uses the method it does to set submenu items, it was overlooked to update the code there to support them. The fixes are now on git, let me know how it works for you and thanks again for the bug report Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 5 Music addons not working - russellhearn69 - 2016-02-22

Quote:and if your system isn't as full as russellhearn's of addons which violate the forums piracy policy

To be honest i don't see what the problem is with the addons i am using as i didn't ask for any help on specific addons only why the music addons were not working in the sub menu's, which is a skin problem not an addon problem.
So what you are really saying is if i have a problem and before i post a log i have to uninstall the addons i want to use, I could see your point if i was asking support for specific addons but i didn't

I'm saying I won't put the time in to look through it, nothing more than that. What you do with Kodi is up to you.

Bob my apologies but I'm not very familiar with installing from Github, when I extract the zip I get script.shortcuts-master folder, but I don't have this folder in my kodi addons folder, I only have script.shortcuts, do I extract the zip into that folder, or create the new -master folder in the kodi addons folder. Thanks for clarifying for me!