Kodi Community Forum
Win Xbox One S - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Xbox One S (/showthread.php?tid=279677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Xbox One S - movie78 - 2016-06-13

Xbox One S

Starting price $299
4K Ultra HD video support (including 4K Ultra HD Bluray) and HDR capabilities
HDMI 2.0a
4K 60Hz output

RE: Xbox One S - hdmkv - 2016-06-13

Great price! Guess we'll see PS4K or whatever it'll be called announced next. Not that I'm getting either; can't/won't go back to discs... although if RedFox or whomever doesn't have a disc-less solution for us by this time next year, may have to Sad. Losing out on several titles just from ATMOS/X point of view already on UHD BD's.

RE: Xbox One S - couto27 - 2016-06-13

And the Project scorpio

Quote:Project Scorpio will reportedly come with a 6 TFLOPS GPU, 8-core CPU, and 320GB/s of memory bandwidth. It will be capable of 4K gaming at 60 frames per second and support VR. What headset that VR support will use remains a mystery.

RE: Xbox One S - movie78 - 2016-06-13

(2016-06-13, 21:57)couto27 Wrote: And the Project scorpio

Quote:Project Scorpio will reportedly come with a 6 TFLOPS GPU, 8-core CPU, and 320GB/s of memory bandwidth. It will be capable of 4K gaming at 60 frames per second and support VR. What headset that VR support will use remains a mystery.

Did not see that, still watching the keynoteBig Grin

I hope they fix their Bitstream issue with this version.

RE: Xbox One S - hdmkv - 2016-06-13

So, people will be willing to wear those bigger VR headsets, while some balk at having to wear lighter, easier-to-wear 3D glasses?! I don't get it.

RE: Xbox One S - movie78 - 2016-06-13

(2016-06-13, 22:53)hdmkv Wrote: So, people will be willing to wear those bigger VR headsets, while some balk at having to wear lighter, easier-to-wear 3D glasses?! I don't get it.

LaughLaughLaugh

RE: Xbox One S - couto27 - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-13, 22:53)hdmkv Wrote: So, people will be willing to wear those bigger VR headsets, while some balk at having to wear lighter, easier-to-wear 3D glasses?! I don't get it.

Heres a nice article from cnet to read

Quote:What VR isn't really

360-degree video

The New York Times' NYT VR videos for viewing with Google Cardboard are really cool, but they're not VR. Looking at photos on Flickr VR is really cool; also not VR. GoPro's Surf, Moto and Ski VR videos: same thing.

These are 360-degree videos and photos that capture the entire scene around the camera -- whether it's shot on professional equipment or a $350 point-and-shoot camera. When played back in a VR headset, it can feel immersive -- but what you see is real footage, not a simulation. You can look around and even feel like you're exploring the scenery, but you can't interact with it much and you can't travel within it. You're limited to what cameras can record. It's a new form of photography and filmmaking, but you can watch most of these videos and photos on a regular flat 2D screen, too. 360 degree video is not the same thing as VR.

Besides playstation promised 50 games to the new Playstation VR, and crash bandicoot is back Big Grin

Its also worth to read the wired article about VR

Quote:The Golden Rule of VR
At the lowest level, VR uses an array of sensors to precisely track the movement of your head. The computer then perfectly maps your head’s real-world movement onto your view of a virtual world. If you turn your head to the left in the real world, the computer exactly mimics your movement in the rendered world. When executed perfectly, VR tricks your brain into thinking that what you see is real, on both a conscious and subconscious level.

RE: Xbox One S - noggin - 2016-06-14

Apples vs Oranges

Stereoscopic 3D movies offer a fixed viewpoint and a somewhat artificial 3D experience. VR offers a fully immersive, dynamically changing point of view, albeit rendered stereoscopically, but it comes close to totally filling your field of view - and as your head moves, your view moves. Having experienced both the difference is like night and day - they are two different technologies delivering two different experiences - they just both happen to use stereoscopy (if the VR is 3D - I have experienced 2D VR)

Sure the headsets are heavier than 3D glasses - but they are doing a different thing.

RE: Xbox One S - teeedubb - 2016-06-14

When will kodi be released for this new Xbox? Tongue

RE: Xbox One S - black_eagle - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 07:53)teeedubb Wrote: When will kodi be released for this new Xbox? Tongue

Same time it's released for Win 98 RoflRofl

RE: Xbox One S - couto27 - 2016-06-14

For 3D i would wait for the PlayStation Neo aka PS4K + PS VR

The PS VR will have cinematic mode to play non-native PSVR games in "fake" VR in the PS4

If the cinematic mode (just presuming) works with 4K blurays (PS4.5 NEO) that would be something i would like to try.

RE: Xbox One S - komplex - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 14:43)couto27 Wrote: For 3D i would wait for the PlayStation Neo aka PS4K + PS VR

Basically all this will be is this
and nothing more
No time for movies or games

RE: Xbox One S - movie78 - 2016-06-14

LaughLaughLaugh

Take it off!!!

RE: Xbox One S - OlivierQC - 2016-06-14

Hello everyone,

I will buy one for my son 's birthday ( september 8th), and the current xbox one will go to the game room

RE: Xbox One S - movie78 - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 16:15)OlivierQC Wrote: Hello everyone,

I will buy one for my son 's birthday ( September 8th), and the current Xbox one will go to the game room

Was going to Preorder but only the 2TB version is available on August 31No
500GB and 1TB will available on December 30