Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows) (/showthread.php?tid=28000)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

[RELEASE] XBMC Skin Manager (Open Source Python Software for Windows) - juju0 - 2007-08-18

Hello eveyone, please let me present "XBMC Skin Manager";

XBMC Skin Manager is a Windows/Linux program that automatically downloads/updates, builds, and then uploads XBMC skins from official XBMC Skinning Project SVN server to your Xbox or a local XBMC installation.

Here is a few screenshot:

To skins creators/authors: Please PM me if you like your skin to be added to this XBMC Skin Manager

Using XBMC Skin manager: Unzip the archive where you want and run XBMC Skin Manager.exe fill all config forms, check the skins you want working on, and then click start, (a more detailed user-guide is available in the readme.txt document inside the ZIP archive)

Notes: XBMC Skin Manager only tested on XBMC, UnleashX and Avalaunch FTP servers.

Linux installation (SVN) : read this

The source code is now available via SVN

0.7 Changelog (only available via SVN):
  • support for local XBMC versions
  • Linux XBMCtex support
  • Better debug messages
  • Changed : build script extension is automatically set depending on current OS
  • Support for skins without build script (using svn export function)
  • The windows are now vertically scrolled (useful for screens with low vertical resolution screens like 720p/WXGA)
  • SVN files operations are logged in verbose mode

0.61 Changelog :
  • fixed : root/administator privileges are no more required (thx to JoeUser38)
  • fixed : if Internet test fails, SVN synchro is skipped
  • changed : "Download/Update" checkbox is never grayed

PS! My English is not perfect so if you see something that needs to be corrected in program or the readme, please PM me. Thank you!

- ShortySco - 2007-08-18

This is great, thanks.... downloading now Smile

Shorty

- Jezz_X - 2007-08-19

Looks good but seems a little stuck with how the current SVN is and adding or removing skins or changing the build.bat files for them looks like it would stuff it up ( discalaimer just going by the screenshots )

- ShortySco - 2007-08-19

Having tried it, worked great, no problems whatsoever.

If what Jezz said is the case is this situation (Changing stuff on SVN) possible to be taken into consideration with a possible future version?

Nice app though.

Shorty

- Livin - 2007-08-19

nice job bro!

- juju0 - 2007-08-19

Jezz_X Wrote:Looks good but seems a little stuck with how the current SVN is and adding or removing skins or changing the build.bat files for them looks like it would stuff it up ( discalaimer just going by the screenshots )
Hi,
The number of skins is totally dynamic, no program update is necessary if there is a new skin in SVN and build.bat files are recalculated for each build (only PAUSE and SET instructions are removed)

- juju0 - 2007-08-21

Hi,
-- To Skins Creators --
I started to work on the next version of XBMC sm a I would implement a system for download skins located out of the SVN (direct HTTP links) but I don't know if you're interested.
I don't know excactly how I will do that. The skins list will probably be in the live-updated xml file and I will do a web interface where each skin creator can edit his skin data : direct download link, readme file, preview picture, web links, ect.

So say me if you're interested or not.

- ShortySco - 2007-08-21

Count me in Smile

Found V0.4 very useful, thanks for that.

Shorty

- lennon105 - 2007-08-28

YES - YES - Great Idea. Love 0.4.

Keep it up

- juju0 - 2007-11-03

Hello everybody,
FINALLY ! the version 0.5 is out with the ability to download skins out of SVN server. At this time only one skin use this feature (Vinci by Mntz) but the list should grow quickly.

Go to website to download.

To skins creators : if you want to see your skin on XBMC Skin Manager, please PM me.

There is the complete changelog :
  • Downloading HTTP skins
  • Availability to create custom upload scripts
  • Improved changelog box
  • Improved liveupdate : the updated file is downloaded only if necessary
  • The application is more reactive while the operations
  • Errors management improved : when an error is occur on a skin, the operations stops on this skin but not on others
  • Fixed : some missing strings in english.lng
  • Fixed : some GUI issues
  • WxPython updated to 2.8.6.0 Unicode

- hired goon - 2007-11-03

When I run "XBMC Skin Manager.exe" in v0.5 I get an error telling me to look at the log file, which shows:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "XBMCsm.py", line 38, in <module>
File "http.pyc", line 27, in <module>
File "UnRAR\__init__.pyc", line 78, in <module>
File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 340, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found"

is there something else I need to install first? The user manual just says to run the .exe.

-- Geoff

- juju0 - 2007-11-03

Hello,
it's a problem of missing dll : download here. Put it on program folder.
I added it on program zip too.

Thanks for feedback.

- terminalx - 2007-11-03

thanks. really nice cool programBig Grin

- hired goon - 2007-11-03

juju0 Wrote:it's a problem of missing dll
That's fixed the problem -- thanks.

I selected the amped skin to see what would happen - the application checked out the skin from SVN, built it and installed it. I was actually running XBMC at the time and I could change to the newly-installed skin successfully.

The only irritation was a lack of progress indicator while all this was happening. The "Operations" tab just shows "Downloading" without any indication of current state. The XBMC Skin Manager window comes up with "Not Responding" which seems like there's a problem, but I guess the application is busy doing something else in the background. No big deal, but I thought for a while that the application had hung.

--Geoff

Cool, but... - Gamester17 - 2007-11-03

juju0 Wrote:To skins creators : if you want to see your skin on XBMC Skin Manager, please PM me.
Can you not just start by adding all the skins from the SVN of the XBMC Skinning Project?

http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=87325

If you prefer then you can access it via HTTP here => http://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xboxmediacenter/

Huh