Kodi Community Forum
Python MSN messenger - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python MSN messenger (/showthread.php?tid=2826)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- NoXstar - 2006-02-19

its working =)

- [email protected] - 2006-02-20

yea but im suure theres bugs lol let me know

- NoXstar - 2006-02-20

no notification when somebody is talking to u...

and my xbox sometimes stops working,when using script ....

- [email protected] - 2006-02-20

notification will be in userlist a "@" sign next to there name, it can take up2 10 secs to appear, also when min it will display a notification. any debug log when frezzing?

- nsrz - 2006-02-20

hey, i cant work out how to send a messgae, i can log in, and see my list, and i can select a person to talk to, but i cant work out how to type a message ><

also would you be able to make the password show up in x's or something?

nice scripts btw :thumbsup:

- [email protected] - 2006-02-21

have you tried pressing the send button and typing a message, as regards password its not a top thing at the mo, getting it working is.

- j_wikked - 2006-02-21

i'm about to do some extensive testing for you.
i'll edit this post with the details of what i did and what needs to be changed, along with some ideas for a future release.

here are some quick notes i've made so far:
once in msnx, pressing back or "esc" (keyboard) to return to xbmc main page, then getting back into msnx will result in a freeze.

change state menu won't close.
- make it close once a selection is made.
only way to get from the "change state menu" back to the file menu is by moving down to status "online" and then moving left, but it still won't make the "change state" menu dissapear. "close file" won't close either menu's. requires restart to continue.

boxes appear in place of certain characters. this needs to be fixed, as i believe too many boxes will cause a freeze.
last night i was freezing constantly as soon as the contact list was loaded. i put it down to either someone had an msn name that caused it to freeze, or there were too many boxes on screen (there were alot).

logging in takes a long time. when cancelling log in, also takes a long time.

when using mouse, cannot select anything in the menu except for "file" or "login". this could be because of the contact list behind it.

once logged in, it takes a long time for the contact list to appear on screen.

the moving animation in the bottom right is only useful to know when a freeze has occured.

more options would be good, for example:
"sign in offline"
"enable keyboard use" which would make it so, when you click on the button to write a message, the big on screen keyboard doesn't appear.
there is also a problem, if you have too many letters, the letters stop appearing onscreen, but if you send it in the conversation, you can see everything you wrote.

also needs the ability to "minimise" the program, allowing you to select a song or play a video, without becoming offline, or freezing the xbox.

checking the profile works flawlessly, infact, it's probably the best part of the program (when it comes to not freezing and presentation).

when try ing to "reload" msnx after min did u run the msnx script again or the restore.py.

i can't remember off the top of my head what i done but for the state menu isnt there also a close state menu button?

i did look into adding keyboard support.so you dnt need the "osk" but the controls are not exposed like the ones in kai. and the the problem as you said is you cant see all your texts. ill try and remove "boxes". do you know what char's caused them?

"cancelling log in" doesnt exist. pressing cancel does nothing and should actualy carry on and still log in, contact list loading can take along time, im still working on a trade off point of network activity between xbmc and the msn server and the user wait time.

the animation is pretty useless but as you say can help when knowing if your connected and its working. and kinda pretty. lol

"sign in off line" very easy to add, i had it in the old version just haddnt got round to adding that again.

thanks for taking alook its been so long since i had time to take alook at it i just could remember where i left off. the profile was the last thing i added.. glad thats ok.

ill try and sort them keep me posted.

- sollie - 2006-02-21

cab you create a dialog with a the question ye/no to quit. sometimes i pres the wrong button. then i lost the connection.

by the way: when i leave the script its not totaly quit. the script still gives the message: starting. and ik have to reboot to start the script.

the script works almost for me, but i wasnt able to send a message or recieve one. i am able to add text in the box, but my friends dont get the message.

thanks for your great job,

sollie

when you "quit" it does quit it minimizes and continues to tell you about messages and users coming on and off line, to get back to the script run the restore script.

- sollie - 2006-02-21

ok thanks, and other people can recieve my messages. sorry for my bad post.

thats cool, im glad its working, if the main bits dnt work thats when you got to worry lol. hows everyone doing with this?

- edwinmcdunlap - 2006-02-23

it doesn't work for me, all it does is show "(running)" next to the .py and then it disappears after 2 seconds and does nothing at all.

i'm using the latest t3ch release.

- [email protected] - 2006-02-23

debug log? or at least hit the white button for python log

- solexalex - 2006-02-23

white button debug is not working anymore on latest cvs...
it works, but when going back to script section, it causes xbmc to freeze.