Python MSN messenger - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Python Add-on Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python MSN messenger (/showthread.php?tid=2826)
- email@example.com - 2006-02-23 19:47
so when minimizing?
- sollie - 2006-02-24 16:51
the script is working perfectly for me. popups are always working. i tried it for 10 hours non stop. i saw a movie and listen to my music.
thanks for all your work.
but i have some questions:
- is it possible to make a .py that starts the script without opening dialogs or windows (i like to start with boot without interruption).
- maybe its possible to use the same .py for detectingrunning or not. when the script is running, the .py has to include restore.py. 1 .py for all.
- i miss sound with popups (use sounds from skin)
- when there is a popup i could open the script right away. thats perfect. only sometimes the popup wont get away and steels the focus. so i have to reboot.
- remember tv's are different with overlay. try to keep space around the content (the mytv script has a function to chage the bottom, top, left and right offset). maybe you can use it.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - 2006-02-24 19:30
few things i can help with stright away:
with pop ups i cant use toast ones otherwise you cant link them into activate the script, and theres noway(that i no of) to call a sound without interuping music. if you press back when the popup appears then it will go, if not after 30 sec it should go, i no its along time but i needed it that for me to get from room to room.
- email@example.com - 2006-02-24 19:32
i am also planning on changing the restore .py to detect if its running and if not start it, so you would be able to always run it from there. and also a minimized at startup will br added at a later time. for over lay its a skin thing and can be changed via the skin.xml
- sollie - 2006-02-24 20:11
i was not aware of the 30 sec. thanks, you are right.
but playing sounds does not stops the playlist. it interrups the list and after that, playing should go on.
ps: after you expaination i have to say, it is 100% working.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - 2006-02-24 23:30
cool, i am going to add the show time as a option when i get more time. lol still think its abit annoying interupting the music. hope someone adds another way to do it.
- sollie - 2006-02-25 00:45
some other features:
- logout option
- exit script option
- smaller user list
- bigger message list
- auto switch to user
- when popup shows and i respond with a key, i like to see the popup is gone
- rename file button to menu (i thought it was for sending a file)
- different colors in message window (you and other user)
thanks for your great work again.
ps: i found a bug, when the script is running, shutdown xbmc or execute a .xbe locks the system.
- Freddo - 2006-02-25 12:09
maybe you could make it so when your popup window pops up it takes focus and you can either press like, a to respond to a message or message someone who's just come online, and b or any other button to make the popup go away
- email@example.com - 2006-02-25 13:56
press back to close the popup and press any other key to open msnx again its already there
- j_wikked - 2006-02-28 16:22
what is the status now?
msnx always tends to freeze on me if i go back into it, even when using restore.py.
when i minimise it, and click on the icon that tells me someone has signed in, it freezes also.
have you done any bug fixes or any modifications of the program so far?