Python MSN messenger - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Python Add-on Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python MSN messenger (/showthread.php?tid=2826)
- elupus - 2004-05-21 19:23
mind providing a patch for this on sf so it could be implemented?
- jb_here - 2004-12-10 15:17
heres a python msn library and sample client that could be used for xbmc to add msn messenger, i don't have the know how but mybe one of yous could add it to xbmc :bowdown:
- jb_here - 2004-12-10 15:22
i crossposted to both future dev and python dev because it belongs in both, thread was already started in future, but it's a lib
- solexalex - 2004-12-10 15:40
i'm very interested !
so please, coders, come and help us !
i already tryed this lib but i'm not very good at python.
- WarriorSan - 2004-12-10 17:23
this could be very nice!
- sonic - 2004-12-11 01:05
wiee :o ... really hope someone with the skills could do something nice with this . a messenger in xbmc would be nice
- EminaZ - 2004-12-11 22:53
- Kaer - 2004-12-12 03:07
hope to get one for msn though
wow looking through the codes, its complicated. home someone will be willing to try
- speciestraitor - 2004-12-13 02:36
it would be awesome to get the xbox live buddy list/functionality to the msn script as well...although it is based off of .net so is it even possible?
- donno - 2005-01-31 10:49
i am very intrested in the ability of msn messanger for xmbc.
i have great ideas. reading the documentations and the start seems sort easy to do the basic.
if i time to develop it i would lookin to it.
at the moment i am in of making of an irc client called irc-x.
when i am finshed or get free time with that project. i will look into this one.
features i had in mind
- for chatting - use a full screen window.
- for the buddy/friend/contact list i had in mind a
- alerts - popoing up in the bottom corner, like how the xlink chat does.
- use bitplanes skin reader for the stuff - maybe later once it works.
- use bitplanes py9 dictinary for sms/ remote text- low priority)
- for options - use full screen window and a listbox. to change screen name/nick - (low priority)
- auto replacement of words or entire scences. eg k being okay or 1 replaced wih hello, what you been doing? , - this could be achived by using a txt file and before the message is send check the words in the sentces with the list.
- sound support playing alert sounds etc.
i think i may draw up a gui plan another day and let you know.
i just wanted to post some ideas.
i reckon if we/i/someone starts this they should create the gui first then add the msn code. because then it could be reused as
i have done a little coding and thats all. don't get too happy.
check my script page at.
check the desing docs here
just getting the links together
http://msnp.sourceforge.net/ -- i think this may be easier lib to use.
firstly has anyone else started making one yet ?
good devleping tip: make sure it works with emulator, saves a lot of time.
does xbmc support being able to play two sounds at once