Kodi Community Forum
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream (/showthread.php?tid=28900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- BritneysPAIRS - 2007-10-08

I agree Smile but I have some ideas about that as well

- MikeBeecham - 2007-10-08

Good to see that collaboriation is beginning to take place...let's see if we can get like-minded individuals working together.

We have the 15th October down at the target date to get a list of people together. If you're still umming and ahhing, then please come talk to me...I'm sure that we can clarify what you could or couldn't do!

- Bigfoot87 - 2007-10-08

Reporting for duty, don't have any code or design skills but will translate the skin into Dutch when it's finished. Smile
I like the idea of creating a new, fresh, revolutionary skin!

- C-Quel - 2007-10-08

Translation is automated if skinned correctly Bigfoot87

- MikeBeecham - 2007-10-08

Thats my man right there, C-Quel with the big brain Big Grin

- Bigfoot87 - 2007-10-08

C-Quel Wrote:Translation is automated if skinned correctly Bigfoot87

True, but some skins still have a language file. (PDM, Xtv...) Wink

- timdog82001 - 2007-10-08

I would have to assume we end up with at least a few labels that aren't already in the XBMC strings, although the fewer the better, of course.

- manturafs - 2007-10-08

yeah, for really custom skins, there have to language files for custom strings such as setting custom wallpaper or integrating a download too. default XBMC strings definitely don't cover everything.

speaking of fewer though, you can always gear the items more towards graphics similar to the concept (not images) of blackbolt's eX, where the images do the talking, not the text.

- MikeBeecham - 2007-10-10

manturafs....that is defiantely an idea, but I'm not sure how practical it would be in reality. Im eager (as everyone is, no doubt) to see what eX holds in terms of textless GUI and userbility

- Sinister - 2007-10-10

This is an inspiring thread, so much so that even though I've only been enjoying XBMC a week now, I'm motivated to offer a helping hand in whatever fashion is needed.

I am a Quality Control manager for an engineering firm by trade, and suspect that this type of project could benefit from someone with these skills.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to assist with testing, documentation, logistics or whatever would make this project flow smoothly.

Sin

- BritneysPAIRS - 2007-10-10

The Vision docummentation and design of the structure of the skin is by far the hardest part really.... once this is nailed (I can help with what is possible and what isnt or would need changing to achieve this document) the skin isnt as hard as one would think, probably 100 hours would be needed for an Alpha thats usable (unless it require massivley complexed animations or logic). The structure layout is harder than one would think there are many issues that need to be thought about customisation, player control intergration, home page use and media changing to achieve something that is both pretty and intuative.....or else we will be just reskinning PM3 and if that is the case, its not really where I hope this is headed
Smile

- mryeti - 2007-10-11

I am a technical writer, if any documentation is required.

- pike - 2007-10-11

mryeti Wrote:I am a technical writer, if any documentation is required.

seen our WIKI manual ? Is it perfect now or lacking ? If the latter, your help would be appreciated there

- grrowl - 2007-10-11

Could I suggest, once we have the whole team organised and the IRC channel up and running, that we set up a writeboard or similar for our technical spec doc? That way if we section it up properly we'll be able to write it all up fairly quickly, as well as let mryeti or whoever is overseeing the big document to make changes as needed.

- MikeBeecham - 2007-10-11

good plan grrowl