Kodi Community Forum
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends? (/showthread.php?tid=28918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- alcoheca - 2009-07-28

pete-woods Wrote:Well I, for one, am extremely glad that someone has taken up the mantle to build this thing. It's by no means a trivial investment of effort! You should set up a PayPal donations thing like the Aeon guy. He's raked in over $1000 now I think!

Please send any donations via the XBMC donate button Smile
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

- Swifty - 2009-07-30

I know this waaaaaaay down the line from now.. but I was wondering what the likely hood of Interactive Services such as 'BBC Red button' etc.. within XBMC will be once we have the new PVR front-end ?

I've been looking at MythTv and from what I can tell it supports UK MHEG for BBC and such, but I guess even if Myth was used as the backend that XBMC would require tweaking for MHEG services to work.?

Anyway, look forward to seeing further progress on this.
Keep up the great work guys Wink

- iBeech - 2009-08-02

MonkeyRoach Wrote:Dvb-s support would be badass.I can only dream

DVB-S2 would be even moer badass Wink

I haven't read this entire thread, so apologies if i'm repeating anything. The big problem for me in server back ends has always been getting TV listings. I could get everything else set up ( all be it after a while) - but the deal breaker at the end of the day was a lack of propper listings in the EPG.

Good work guys

- iBeech - 2009-08-02

Swifty Wrote:I know this waaaaaaay down the line from now.. but I was wondering what the likely hood of Interactive Services such as 'BBC Red button' etc.. within XBMC will be once we have the new PVR front-end ?

I've been looking at MythTv and from what I can tell it supports UK MHEG for BBC and such, but I guess even if Myth was used as the backend that XBMC would require tweaking for MHEG services to work.?

Anyway, look forward to seeing further progress on this.
Keep up the great work guys Wink

Red button support is something which Media-Portal spent some time investigating. It's worth checking out their forums for how far they got.

Adding red button is quite important for things such as Sky Sports 1 Match Choice Smile I've noticed more and more channels have started using the red button for putting multiple streams onto their channels.

- blowfly - 2009-08-16

I posted a while back in this thread that I was interested in helping out with development of the unified PVR - particularly with myth type stuff and that's still the case (just had a few things going on).

@alcoheca/@alwinus: I've noticed you've both been quite busy adding addon support. I can see the stuff you've done in the unified-pvr and pvr-testing branches. My main question is how do these 2 branches differ? Is the unified one concentrating solely on laying the addon foundation first? And the pvr-testing one concentrates on getting a VDR addon working?

The reason I ask is, if I wanted to start writing a myth addon, which branch should I use? I realise that the addon APIs are probably constantly changing at the moment, but I'd like to start writing something to get me learning about xbmc/myth development.

- FreddyAV - 2009-08-17

blowfly: I asked a related question here.

But your question is more to the point since I'm also looking at implementing an addon, but for me the focus is tvheadend. Which I've already started with, albeit in small steps.

- ukasz - 2009-08-27

if i may suggest something about epg and not only.
i have seen a lot of dvb tuners and only one cought my attention about epg. N tv (in poland) uses verry user friendly epg and channels list.

push epg button and favourites comes up. sports, science, movies etc. lets say you have selected movies. screen that poops up looks verry much the same like epg in media portal
sample epg.
you can navigate through channels in a specific group and select what do you want to record or switch to a selected channel.

this approach (maybe is not the best but the best i have ever seen) solves 3 things: epg, channel list and favourites.
I am not a programmer but i will be verry happy to propose (if you already have one ;-P) a full gui project (how i think it should lok like) for xbox tv.

- Swifty - 2009-09-27

@alcoheca/alwinus

I was just wondering if you guys wanted any bug reports yet from people using the PVR Testing branch ?
Seems quite a few people are trying it out now with a few common problems identified.
Understandable if you don't want anything reported yet while ground work is still going on but thought i'd just sound you out Smile

Great progress so far, keep it up!

- panzaeron - 2009-10-03

@all
The pvr-testing supports the vdr and i used the vdr a long time but now I tested the TvHeadEnd and I think this is a very good TV backend Server.
To install the server I need only half an hour (with channel scan) and the switching between the channels in XBMC is very very fast.
I think andoma makes a very good work.

So, I think an better integration of TvHeadEnd in XBMC would be nice.
Is an integration in pvr-testing possible or make this no sense?
Is someone working on an better integration?

- ukasz - 2009-10-03

i also think that tvheadend is the best software for watching tv on linux. first of all it is easy and quick to setup.

- FreddyAV - 2009-10-08

I've been working on an addon for Tvheadend for some time. Unfortunately I have not had any time to work on it in the last two or three weeks (can't even remember any more). I've submitted some patches to Tvheadend and am also talking to the author of Tvheadend to add necessary features.

I hope to be able to continue the work the weekend. What is missing is recordings and timers.

Cheers!

- panzaeron - 2009-10-09

@FreddyAV
This are good news, I hope you find the time to work on it.
A small question, do you work on using the epg with TvHeadEnd?

- FreddyAV - 2009-10-11

Yes, EPG information is loaded from Tvheadend into XBMC.

libcmyth or alternative? - blowfly - 2009-10-14

I've started to implement a mythtv addon using the libcmyth library, but it's starting to fall short in a few areas.

The question is - do I enhance libcmyth (which originally comes from, and is tailored for, the mvpmc project)? Or perhaps make a new C++ library instead that's more tailored for our needs with the Unified PVR?

- alcoheca - 2009-10-14

blowfly Wrote:The question is - do I enhance libcmyth (which originally comes from, and is tailored for, the mvpmc project)? Or perhaps make a new C++ library instead that's more tailored for our needs with the Unified PVR?

Without knowing where libcmyth is falling short it's kinda hard to give any valid opinion Smile

I also suggest you ask this question on the myth mailing lists too.