Kodi Community Forum
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends? (/showthread.php?tid=28918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- alcoheca - 2009-04-29

wstewart Wrote:what happened to the mythtv client for the unified PVR. Has it been dropped all together? It seems to have disappeared at 17881 with no explanation.

That was a mistake sorry, I thought I'd written something like "removed stale MythTV sourcecode as I have no system to test it on" but it's nowhere to be found in the commitlog. I switched to VDR for technical reasons and only have 1 machine to test with.

wstewart Wrote:I realize there is much to do, but I was planning to take a look to see if perhaps I could help.

wstewart Wrote:How far along in the PVR branch? I am considering dropping my develop efforts on the mythtv side and moving over the xbmc camp. It seems there is a larger community over and that proposed changes could get incorporated faster, at least that is what I perceive.
It's gradually being transformed into something approaching functional. There's a lot that can come in straight from alwinus' patch and a lot else that is being coded from scratch.

- wstewart - 2009-04-29

Thanks alcoheca for the update on mythtv.

Give me a few days to a week to confirm I am jumping over to xbmc (>90% possibility) from mythtv.

If do jump, I have a mythtv server running for the moment. If you can put back the mythtv code, I'll help in testing and also in development if I can.

And to comment on dteirney post, I agree xbmc seems to be a lot better than mythtv. It has made a lot of progress since the port started to windows and linux.

I have been a devoted mythtv user and contributor for many years but now I am pretty much fed up and jumping ship. I have contributed many, many patches and new features, but only a few have made it into SVN. Others have been outstanding for more than a year (such as displaying video cover art in the OSD). I had planned to contribute more code to bring it towards xbmc type functionality but why I ask since xbmc seems to do what I need only missing the tv portion.

- alcoheca - 2009-04-29

wstewart Wrote:If do jump, I have a mythtv server running for the moment. If you can put back the mythtv code, I'll help in testing and also in development if I can.

Better to start fresh I think, it is seriously outdated. There's been lots of interest in creating a mythtv client, perhaps you could join forces with others?

If you want to be a part of the work being done on the API right now, and have some experience feel free to pop along to #xbmc-pvr on freenode.

- wstewart - 2009-05-01

ok, thanks. I`ll take a look at it as soon as I can, which probably won`t be for a month or so. I have to first convert my frontends over to xbmc from mythtv and I want to work first on a patch to have a common mysql database for videos (and later music).

- wstewart - 2009-05-20

sorry I haven't time to look at the mythtv side of things, I haven't had time to install the new harddrives and port my system over the xbmc. Afraid it will be another month or two before I can help out on the mythtv side of things.

Can you tell me how far along the unified pvr branch is a long? What's been implemented and what is yet to be implemented, etc.?

Thanks

- alcoheca - 2009-05-21

wstewart Wrote:Can you tell me how far along the unified pvr branch is a long? What's been implemented and what is yet to be implemented, etc.?

svn log should be your friend here Smile

- wstewart - 2009-05-21

Quote:svn log should be your friend here

ok, I have been keeping an eye on that, but the log doesn't tell me what is yet to be implemented. All I am looking for is a few sentences on the status and so forth. The svn log doesn't provide that overview and the entered descriptions are somewhat short and difficult to decipher a status overview.

Given that I am looking to help out on the myth side I don't think its too much to ask for a summary.

Thanks.

- dteirney - 2009-05-21

wstewart Wrote:ok, I have been keeping an eye on that, but the log doesn't tell me what is yet to be implemented. All I am looking for is a few sentences on the status and so forth. The svn log doesn't provide that overview and the entered descriptions are somewhat short and difficult to decipher a status overview.

Given that I am looking to help out on the myth side I don't think its too much to ask for a summary.

Thanks.

I'd be interested in helping out in a few months as well and would also like a quick summary.

I've just finished a block of time on XBMC getting commercial skip for MythTV recordings working in dvdplayer and changes to support recorded Movies being added to the XBMC Video library along with scraping magic to get the detailed information from the likes of IMDB (both patches yet to be reviewed).

- Gamester17 - 2009-05-21

I guess best would be to try to catch up with alcoheca and alwinus on IRC (#xbmc-pvr on freenode)

Perhaps also request alcoheca and alwinus to keep this wiki article up to date, or maybe better, create a new article to begin the public documentation of the API and such for third-party addon developers:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=GSoC_-_Unified_PVR_Frontend

Nod

- bidossessi - 2009-05-27

hi all.
New XBMC user here.
Anything tagged "unified" is of critical interest to me, and i love what you guys have done up to now.
i updated my unified-pvr copy yesterday, but it now fails to compile.
Code:
In file included from dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudio.h:31,
                 from dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.h:31,
                 from PlayerCoreFactory.cpp:25:
dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h:23:24: error: samplerate.h: No such file or directory
dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h:54: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘SRC_STATE’ with no type
dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h:54: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h:55: error: ‘SRC_DATA’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [PlayerCoreFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bidossessi/build-sources/unified-pvr/XBMC/xbmc/cores'

I'm not sure where bug reports go, and even if this IS a bug or mere carelessness from my part.

I'm keeping track of this project waiting for the mythtv part to pick up and reading up on C, C++ so i can give a hand where it itches Big Grin

Just another question. once i have this compiled, where can the PVR section be setup? i couldn't find anything PVR/TV - related in the settings.

- MaestroDD - 2009-05-27

bidossessi Wrote:[..]
i updated my unified-pvr copy yesterday, but it now fails to compile.
Code:
dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h:23:24: error: samplerate.h: No such file or directory
[...]
looks like you're missing libsamplerate.
Keep an eye on README.linux and reread or check the diff if you see it updated on 'svn up'.

hth,
mdd

- bidossessi - 2009-05-27

MaestroDD Wrote:looks like you're missing libsamplerate.
Keep an eye on README.linux and reread or check the diff if you see it updated on 'svn up'.

hth,
mdd

I didn't see that one listed as a dep, but then again, i didn't really look at README.linux.
Compiling is now proceeding, thanks Big Grin20693
Is that a new dep addition to XBMC or was it there before? Strange i could compile without this lib if it was needed at some point before rev 20693.

- alcoheca - 2009-05-27

bidossessi Wrote:I didn't see that one listed as a dep, but then again, i didn't really look at README.linux.
Compiling is now proceeding, thanks Big Grin20693
Is that a new dep addition to XBMC or was it there before? Strange i could compile without this lib if it was needed at some point before rev 20693.

last merge from linuxport (rev. 20615) was up to & including rev. 20608, where the libsamplerate dependency was added.

- bidossessi - 2009-05-28

Are there any plugins available yet for this PVR feature?

- alcoheca - 2009-05-28

bidossessi Wrote:Are there any plugins available yet for this PVR feature?

Do you not think you could undertake this research yourself?