Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- CmKeen - 2008-01-15

The error message is in fact
Extraction path does not exist! Retry
E:\apps\T3CH_2008-01-13

- athloni - 2008-01-15

CmKeen Wrote:The error message is in fact
Extraction path does not exist! Retry
E:\apps\T3CH_2008-01-13

I get exactly the same error with 1.2 :mad:

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-15

error isn't specific to any version, the xbmc devs have acknowledged that the builtin extract function is broke, all i've done in the later versions is show a bit more info as to the state of the checks its doing in the checking dialog.
(Its checks for existence of folder UserData and file default.xbe)

If your log has a line Exception ..... process() thats just the extract failing.

CmKeen: This is correct;
Dash Drive: E:\
Dash name: Dashboard\default

could you mail me with your full xbmc log when you try it as that.

I've now got a v1.3 (not released yet) Added a menu option to install from a local rar. So you can ftp it over to the normal download location (eg. e:\apps\) , start the script and when it finds the rar a new menu option will appear.
eg. 'Install From Local RAR: <build_name>'

PM me you email and I'll send it to you, it should make life easier/quicker to test stuff for you.

BBB

- Gore- - 2008-01-15

Hello! Thanks for this great script Smile

I have tested tree times.
when extracting, after some minutes, I had an error message two times the following message
something like "folder T3CH_SVN.... does not exist"
the third time it works, T3CH_Upgrader continue with copying userdata, etc...
But I have a problem with the shortcut :
I use a "exploit" (gamesave)
My "xbmc.xbe" is "default.xbe" and is in E:\dashboard
I have set "E" as the drive, and "default" as the name, but how can I set the "dashboard" directory?
I have test copying manually the new default.xbe and .cfg in "E:\dashboard" and it works, but how set that in T3CH_Upgrader?

I have translate the strings.xml file in french, but I don't found where I can specify to use it instead the english one for testing it. So I give you the file for testing.
http://oogoreoo.free.fr/xbox/strings.xml
i have used accents, don't know if it's possible.
How can we change the language in this script? And what is wrong in mine?

Thanks for your answers

- Gore- - 2008-01-15

Ooops, the question about E:\dashboard is already answered juste before my post, will try this

- freaksworth - 2008-01-15

Hi,
I took the script from svn, the local install looks nice, but I didn't test it yet.
Maybe you could add an option do _not_ delete .rar after extraction?

thx
f

- CmKeen - 2008-01-15

Hi,

Just for you to know BBB, I do have the ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()
I will try again as soon as I have your 1.3 version, it really takes too long to download the rar again and again

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-16

delete prompt added.

The menu will now show new Local Install option once it finds a rar (only shows one and if there are more than one, shows latest)

updated into svn

Gore: yes, just prefix the dashname with path (NOT the drive!). Do it throu the script settings not editing the settings.txt manually.
eg. Dashboard\default

Thanks for the French strings, I'll add them.
Could you also translate these strings please (the online translation tools are poor):
<string id="314">Extract folder already exists!</string>

<string id="412">Delete</string>
<string id="413">Cancel</string>

<string id="528">Delete RAR ?</string>

<string id="620">Install From Local RAR:</string>

<string id="638">Prompt Before Deleting RAR?</string>

Other languages need them too if you've got svn access.

Recent updates to v1.3 in svn

- ozNick - 2008-01-16

BigBellyBilly Wrote:delete prompt added.

The menu will now show new Local Install option once it finds a rar (only shows one and if there are more than one, shows latest)

updated into svn

Gore: yes, just prefix the dashname with path (NOT the drive!). Do it throu the script settings not editing the settings.txt manually.
eg. Dashboard\default

Thanks for the French strings, I'll add them.
Could you also translate these strings please (the online translation tools are poor):
<string id="314">Extract folder already exists!</string>

<string id="412">Delete</string>
<string id="413">Cancel</string>

<string id="528">Delete RAR ?</string>

<string id="620">Install From Local RAR:</string>

<string id="638">Prompt Before Deleting RAR?</string>

Other languages need them too if you've got svn access.

Recent updates to v1.3 in svn

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you may want to consider excluding "T3CH Upgrader" from the scripts you copy to the the new T3CH release. As each T3CH release has the latest version of the Upgrader.

Cheers Nick

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-16

While that is true Nick, it already excludes copying scripts from old if they exist in new.

This allows you to get the latest versions of scripts (visualizations, screensavers etc) that come with the new build.

cheers
BBB

- CmKeen - 2008-01-17

So I've tested the 1.3 version and here are my results.

It downloaded correctly the new T3CH release and when it wanted to extract it, I've received a message that a folder T3CH_XXX already exists.
The sad thing is that you can't ask to overwrite it. The script just stops there.
So, I've relaunched the script and it finds the local rar (that's really great).
But then, I get the same error again and again (though the messages are a lot clearer now).

I see the script extracting the rar and like one second late saying "extracting finished' and counting from 1 to 35.
I've tryed it again and again and I've never managed to have it extract the rar completely. It seams to always stop after extracting the win32 and the _tools folders.

You spoke about the thumbnails so I've deleted the UserData\Thumbnails\programs folder completely but it didn't change anything.

The weird thing is that I can see inside a rar file through the FileManager without any issue. It just block on the T3CH release.

I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue or not but it's really sad because it really makes it impossible to use your script.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-17

Thanks for the lengthy feedback.

It does stop when it finds an existing folder, I will change that to be an YesNo dialog asking if you wish to continue and overwrite it.

The extract process is hit and miss, I've raising it with the devs and they acknowledge that its broken, but so far its not been actively looked at (and sounds like it might never be) however, it does extract more often than not (in my experience)

If you have the extract error, my advise is to reboot xbmc before retrying.

The thumbnail problem (terminalx I think your referring to) seemed to be a corrupt thumbnail icon image, it really shouldnt have any bearing on normal script operation.

I'll make the mod (to allow overwriting) then post when in svn. See if that improves its usability.

- Nuka1195 - 2008-01-17

when it fails for anybody, what resolution and skin are you using. how much free memory and do you have any music or videos or anything running?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-17

For me;

I run in 720 resolution using PMIII, no other scripts, music or videos running,typically ~30Mb free mem with script called whilst on xbmc home window (from favourites button)

Its always the same error message Exception ......Process() in log

- CmKeen - 2008-01-17

I will try it again by first rebooting the xbox befaure launching the script, we will see if it works.

Concerning the resolution, .... I'm using a PAL 4:3 resolution with the PMIII skin. I'm not runing anything else than the script so I suppose I have plenty of memory left.

What's really odd, is that it always extract the win32 and the _tools folders and stops there. Maybe it's just bad luck and I simply have to reboot the xbox before any atempt.

Just a question, how can I be sure that this is an issue in the extraction process and that I don't have another issue ?