Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-17

examine the debug output in xbmc.log Find the section that shows Python and the script has started and look for the extract.

If you have the error it will say something like Exception .... process()

This assumes that you have errorlevel of 1 defined in AdvancedSettings.xml

- CmKeen - 2008-01-17

I did already checked and I do have this error.
I just thought that it might be something else.

The thing is that it does it each and every time. Too bad for me I guess.

I will try try again though just to see if I have at least the slightest change to some day win at the lotery.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-17

svn updated to have the overwrite mod

- Gore- - 2008-01-21

I run on version 1.2

french translation as required :

<string id="314">Le dossier de destination existe déjà!</string>
<string id="412">Supprimer</string>
<string id="413">Annuler</string>
<string id="528">Supprimer le RAR ?</string>
<string id="620">Installer depuis le RAR local:</string>
<string id="638">Demander avant d'effacer le RAR?</string>

Wink

how to change the langage?

a suggestion for the next update :
add an info about current running version (I don't found this info in xbmc)

I have seen a bug : when cancelling one time the download, the next time it will cancelling automatically when I want dowload again.

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Gore: yes, just prefix the dashname with path (NOT the drive!). Do it throu the script settings not editing the settings.txt manually.
eg. Dashboard\default
I have do this and...
it works Smile

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-21

Gore:

infolabel suggestion added. (will show in MainMenu title)
french strings updated.
thanks

You will need v1.3 inorder to see the french language strings, they don't exist in v1.2 your running. PM me and your email and I'll send you v1.3 so you can test the french strings.

Glad the dash setting worked.

BBB

- kricker - 2008-01-22

BBB,
I can never get the script to update off the server. When I check it always says my version is up to date. Currently I have vs 1.2 dl/d from xbmc scripts. Any ideas?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-26

1.3 is in the svn released area so the update should find it.

You can send me the log to look at ?

- pepsi_max2k - 2008-01-29

>> 1) Enter & save settings on first run.
>> Enter Installation path - eg E:\apps\
>> Enter Shortcut path - Used to create the dash booting cfg in C:\

I installed originally using Krayzie's Extras program. I think this installed xbmc to E:\Dashboard, so is that what I'd put for the first setting? As for shortcut path, i've no idea what it even refers too... *halp* Wink

oh and i have no .cfg in C: if that's important... (why no editing allowed?)

- kricker - 2008-01-29

BigBellyBilly Wrote:1.3 is in the svn released area so the update should find it.

You can send me the log to look at ?
Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet I will as soon as I can.

ok figured out i need dash drive: E:\ and dash name Dashboard\default but should I be using E:\apps or E:\Dashboard as installation path, as E:\Dashboard is where my current install is and I dunno if it'll overwrite everything there or not, and if it'll get rid of it all or not if it installs elsewhere.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-29

use E:\ for drive and and Dashboard\default for a dashname with a subfolder prefix.

The installation path (eg E:\apps\) is where it will download rar to then unpack.
eg. E:\apps\XBMC_2008-01-27

It wont overwrite your current istallation.

All this is outlined in the included readme.txt

T3CH Upgrader problem..it just wont work - morgoth123 - 2008-01-29

Is there actually someone who gets the T3CH Upgrader script to work? It keeps complaining to me the extraction path does not exist after downloading the new build while the path exists perfectly well..the T3CH Upgrader script even made the path itself. I am using newest T3CH build and newest version of the script (1.3.1). Any solution for his?

In the readme file of version 1.3 of the script (there is no readme in 1.3.1 it seems) it's said it's a known bug, but rebooting doesnt help and it's giving the same error all the time so the script is unfortunately pretty much useless this way.

As a future suggestion (assuming I will get the script to work in the first place) it would be nice to have a PRE installation copy list as well cause the way i manually upgrade is by just overwriting the old installation by the new T3CH build and that works perfectly and I always have the newest versions of files that way.

If I would use Maintain CopyDataList I risk copying older file versions residing in maps that I would like to copy to the new installation.

(according to readme:
Maintain Copies; This is a list of Folders and Files that you want to the post installation to be forced to COPY to new build. )

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-29

README:
The readme in v1.3.1 in now language dependant and can now be viewed from the scripts settings menu. If your language doesn't have a specific translation, the english version is shown. So the readme.txt now exist in the appropriate language sub folder, but you only need to view throu the settings menu option.
(translations to languages other apart from Polish and German wanted, PM me if you want to help)

EXTRACTION:
The extract process 'bug' is a hit n miss - my own personal experience is that it work 9 out 10 times, I appreciate some people have the opposite experience.
It has been raised with XBMC devs, acknowledged as being partially broken, but not picked up.

PRE INSTALLATION:
I don't think many people would be happy with a script that overwrote their current build, much safer to have a new installation and switch to it, leaving the old build in place as a fallback. You would still have the newest files that work with your UserData.

file versions residing in maps can you explain what you mean by that a bit more?
What about if the post installation Copies were to (optionally) file compare, prompting to overwrite. This would be determined with a new setting of 'Compares files before Copying ?' (default to NO)

BBB

- CmKeen - 2008-01-29

Concerning the extraction issue.
I still have it and my experience is that it is 10 out of 10 times sadly.

I know BBB that you have nothing to do with that and that the devs have surely better things to do but it's just to say that it's not a one person bug.

The strange thing is that I can perfectly extract a rar file from the filemanager. So it seams it's not the rar libs that are broken.