Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-25

A new xbmc builtin to allow scripts to change screen rez would be simpler....

- snupple - 2008-02-26

Hi,
Just fiddling around with this, and noticed that it changes the path that xbmc.xbe looks for to the realtive t3ch build.

Is it possible to either change the currently used build to remain in the current location (ie e:/apps/XBMC) and rename the older copy to say T3CH_2008_01_01 rather than leaving the existing XBMC folder and booting from the new 'T3CH' folder?

- snupple - 2008-02-26

Just noticed something else. how come when you select FILE in Maintain Delete List you have to manually type in the filename after selecting the path, but with Maintain COPY you can browse to the actual file?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-26

creating new installation folder is the preferred way to do it, that won't be changed.

the delete selection is like that as unless your setting it up against a 100% complete installation, the files/folders might not exist to browse too.

- hei_q - 2008-02-29

uhm, are u still at my prob or is it impossible t solve this?

- hei_q - 2008-02-29

WOW!! I cant believe it!! Very Strange.....
i updated xbmc from 10.02.08 to the new 24.02.08. Now it works with both scripts in autoexec.py, but now some other scripts wont work. :-)
PokertimerII, xbmc Lyrics, and the default.py of xbmcfritz :-) is not starting now. Any ideas? Thats funny.... now the menu part of xbmcfritz isnt working, exactly twisted as before!!

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-29

tbh, I didnt see it as a T3CH Upgrader prob as it works in conjunction with other scripts.

- hei_q - 2008-02-29

yes, i think so too, but do u have any idea how i can fix the problems? what means "tbh"?

- Nuka1195 - 2008-02-29

wow someone actually uses poker timer ii Smile Post in the lyrics thread any issues your having, or start a new thread in the support forum.

tbh = to be honest

- kricker - 2008-02-29

to be honest

- wipeout140 - 2008-03-11

I would like to thank you for your excellent script i been using since the early betas

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-03-11

your welcome.

v1.5 is released and your script should've updated to it now. View changelog from Settings Menu.

The language strings (apart from German) need updating, please contribute to the missing strings if you can.

Reminder: if it fails to extract rar - lower your resolution to free up mem!

- kricker - 2008-03-11

It just updated perfectly for me!

Am I running latest T3ch, updater 1.5 doesnt work? - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Morning guys,

First off, forgive the lack of details here - I'm at work so can't access my Xbox. However, you long-established pro's here will hopefully know what I mean anyway!

Ok, tried to update the latest T3ch XMBC last week (before Updater 1.5), and time and again it downloaded fine, then refused to install.

After updating to Updater 1.5, the updater did the same, but this time reported it couldnt install as there wasnt enough space.

So I went looking for stuff to delete...!

Not quite as daft as it sounds (at least at first) - deleted the Trainers, deleted the old T3ch rar's, delete a game I'd installed.

Then, when I looked in e:\apps, I had two folders, one "Xmbc" and the other "T3ch-XMBC-<date>" or something simmilar.

At the time, I assumed that the T3ch folder was another rar that the current XMBC had been extracted from, so tried to delete it via FTP.
Hmmm, not a good idea! (yeah, I know it was daft now... lol ).

Needless to say, the delete action managed to delete a few files before complaining it couldnt delete the folder, and totally stuffed up my XMBC. XMBC wouldnt load, even EVoX wouldnt load!

Got a copy of AID, booted off the CD, FTP'd back into the box, downloaded the latest T3Ch.

At first, wasnt sure which folder to put it in (I know the T3ch readme says e\apps, but I had two instances of XBMC).

So, I put it in both folders (which has their own instances of \xmbc) on e:\apps - as above.

NB: On the E:\apps\t3ch-xmbc-<date> folder, the date in the folder name doesnt match the actual T3ch rev.(latest) in the folder.

Now, perversely, I think I actually got it working 3 hours before I came to the conclusion (hope) that I'd done it!

I was looking for the old (?) t3ch logo on boot, and when it didnt show (seemingly just the XBMC logo) I installed the 1.5 updater, to chek it was running the latest version. The updater starts, then does absolutely nothing.

So, XMBC now worked, I just wasnt sure it was the latest t3ch.

Did this whole thing about 5 times more, before I noticed the XBMC logo actually has a smaller T3ch logo beneath it!
Is this a new T3ch logo, rather than the larger t3ch logo?

So, questions are:

1. In E:\apps, I have two folders - XBMC and T3ch-XBMC-<date> (or simmilar). Can I delete either of these?

2. In my C:\ startup cfg file (cant remember the name - basically points to the dashboard xbe), it's calling default.xbe in e:\apps\T3ch-whatever.

3. Based on the new logo etc as above, am I actually running a T3ch XBMC, preferrably the latest? Is there any other way of telling?

4. Any idea why Updater 1.5 doesnt work? The fact that it doesnt had me thinking that maybe it's not actually running a T3ch release? FYI - running the updater flashes up "Running", then nothing - no settings etc like on the older versions I had running.

5. Assuming that E\apps\xbmc is in fact the original XBMC, that E\apps\T3ch-Xbmc-<date> is the T3ch release, and that the startup cfg is actually calling default.xbe in the T3ch XBMC folder - do I actually need e:\apps\xbmc - or can I delete this?

I hope this makes sence to you, I could really do with some clarification / help!

Cheers Smile

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-03-12

your boot .cfg needs to point to default.xbe in the xbmc installation you want to run.

eg. E:\apps\T3CH_<date>

There are several xbmc logos included with T3CH builds, all called media\splash<something>.png - it uses the ones called splash.png

T3CH Upgrader: I suggest you delete it and do a clean installation once you've got xbmc booting properly. (v1.5 can be downloaded from xbmcscripts.com)

I've your convinced its not working, send me a xbmc.log (with errorlog enabled in advancedSettings.xml - see wiki)

I would always advice keeping at least one older xbmc installation so you can rollback should the latest installation not be stable. This can be done from the scripts menu. Deleting old xbmc installations should be done throu the menu too as it won't let you delete the installation your currently running!

I would suggest you start a separate thread on the subject of re-enabling a screwed xbmc installation. I'll be happy to answer script related questions here of course.
BBB