Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Ok - quick idea.

If I edited the startup cfg file on c:\ to point to default.xbe in e:\apps\xbmc rather than the one in e:\apps\t3ch-xbmc <date>, could I then just delete e:\apps\t3ch-xbmc-<date>, saving both HD space and getting this back into a "normal" structure?

Edit - quick idea - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Ok - quick idea.

If I edited the startup cfg file on c:\ to point to default.xbe in e:\apps\xbmc rather than the one in e:\apps\t3ch-xbmc <date>, could I then just delete e:\apps\t3ch-xbmc-<date>, saving both HD space and getting this back into a "normal" structure?

Apart from the one-line .cfg file (simply contains path to dashboard xbe) is there anything else I need to change?

Quick clarification - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Cheers BBB,

(Sorry for the repeat posting btw!)

Ok, just so I completely understand this (and learn from this F' up), would I be right in thinking that e:\apps\xbmc is the current used/loaded/running xbmc, and that the e:\apps\t3ch-<date> is the previous version?

Should I re-set the path in the boot cfg to e:\apps\xbmc?

I'm basing this on the fact that the T3ch readme says move the (manual) update into e:\apps\xbmc.

I'll do the error log as you suggest - thanks very much for your help mate Smile

(BTW, I hope you consider this question to be about the T3ch script - i'm not ignoring your request to start a new thread )

Delete all and re-install - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Ok, here's what I'm thinking of doing:

In e:\apps I have

\xbmc
\t3ch-<date>

I'm thinking of deleting BOTH these folders, and copying in the latest T3ch release, (giving e\apps\xbmc) then installing Updater 1.5.

I believe Update 1.5 will update the latest version into \xbmc, and create \t3ch-<date> for the previous version?

I'll also update the boot cfg to point to default.xbe in e:\apps\xmbc.

Sound a good idea?

Process exception in T3ch updater? - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-12

Ok, now back at home - in front of xbox.

Thinking that the e:\apps\t3ch_date was in fact the older version, I edited the boot cfg to load e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe - so these comments are based on that.

Tried to download T3ch Updater 1.5 from XbmcScripts, but the site was down. I noticed that although the shortcut to Scripts on the dasboard didnt show it, i actually had it installed anyway, so I ran it.

Downloaded the latest T3ch fine, but when it tried to extract it to e:\apps\t3ch_date (I now take it this folder is in fact the *latest* version on the box - i'll update the boot cfg again) it came back with the following error:

process() EXCEPTION!
Function takes at most 4 arguments (6 given).

Just in case, i'll edit boot cfg back to e:\apps\t3ch-date\xbmc\default.xbe , and see if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Error in T3ch updater 1.5 - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-13

Hi guys,

Seem to be having an error with updater 1.5.

Clean Install:
So, removed both xbmc folders in e:\apps, downloaded and installed the latest stable version of the T3ch XBMC ( ).

Now have e:\apps\xbmc which is the latest t3ch as above.

Xbmc runs fine.

Updated XbmcScripts plugin.
Downloaded t3ch Upgrader 1.5 (both using XbmcScripts plugin).

Ran updater 1.5, Scripts OutPut reports:

--> Python Initialised<--
T3ch Upgrader Version 1.5 Date: 09-03-2008Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\T3ch Upgrader\default.py", line 1673, in ? class TextBoxDialogueXML( xbmcgui.WindowXML):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'WindowXML'

Any ideas on this BBB?

Cheers mate

- xrionx - 2008-03-15

Ok, I have a problem. When I try adding the Skins and Scripts folder to the Maintain Copy Data List I get "Restriced File or Folder!". How do I get rid of this error?

Thanks for the update BBB the "RAM monitoring" add-on is really helpful, I was able to upgrade after going into the XBOX Dashboard and disabling 480p and 720p. Still I wish there was a better way, but thanks anyways!

- Nuka1195 - 2008-03-15

Quote:Thanks for the update BBB the "RAM monitoring" add-on is really helpful, I was able to upgrade after going into the XBOX Dashboard and disabling 480p and 720p. Still I wish there was a better way, but thanks anyways!

just change settings/appearance/screen resolution

- xrionx - 2008-03-16

Thanks, that is easier!

Any thought on the "Restricted file or folder!" error?

- Cimlite - 2008-03-24

I just used the script (1.5) to update to the newest T3ch. It worked wonderfully, though to get the available memory I too had to drop down to 480p (great that it gives a warning for this!). Would it be possible to make the script temporarily change the resolution if the memory is not enough?

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. I'm making a note here: Huge success! Smile

Sorted... - cyo80rg101 - 2008-03-24

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd let you know that I managed to sort my problem!

Bit of a "doh!" moment, but in an attempt to start with a "clean, stable" system, I installed the "Stable" version of T3ch XBMC.

Someone on another topic here mentioned that those older versions are *very* old, and don't actually include the windowXML the scripts were complaining about. That's explain it! Wink

Any hoo, just in case anyone else comes across that.

Cheers

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-03-24

there is no way from a script, that I know of, to change rez 'on the fly'. And I can't see the devs adding it to a builtin just to accomodate this script, but if you wish to request it (in the right forum) be my guest.

"Restricted File or Folder!" Is there to prevent you from adding/deleting required files/folders.

"credits","language","media","screensavers","scripts","skin","sounds","system","credits","visualisations"

The full tree under scripts and skins is copied over as standard, so theres no need to add them to the copy list.

- xrionx - 2008-03-24

BBB, I don't know if I am doing something wrong then but my Skins or Scripts never move over from my previous build. I always have to manually get into it and move them via FTP. I'll check and see if it works on the next T3CH update though unless you have any other suggestions.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-03-25

enable xbmc errorlevel 1, via advancedsettings.xml (see wiki). get the xbmc.log and mail it to me

- steve2493 - 2008-03-25

hi all
i've been using the script tech upgrader, it all installs fine except when it reboots it reboots back to the old version instead of the new one.
i check the c drive an the new xbmc.cfg file is there with the new path is there, i'm sure it's somthing simple i've missed!

my box is hard modded with smartxx chip

cheers