Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-03-26

Sounds like your modchip is looking for a differently named boot file and not 'xbmc' you've used ?

most modchips have a a list of booting names they look for, in order, xbmc may well be one of them but it could be finding another thats higher up its list and booting to that.

you need to find what those boot names are for your modchip then check if any exist in the C:\ - assuming it is even looking in c:\ for the names ?

Info of the smartxx will probs be in the forums somewhere.

- batman91 - 2008-03-27

works very nicely. ive only got 2 questions:
it extracted to t3ch_build_date\xbmc\

is there any way to extract it to XBMC_build.date?

so instead of ahving
T3CH_build\xbmc\<userdata>

id have xbmc_build\<userdata>

i hope tahts clear. but great work. xbox just got a bit more independant of the pc Wink

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-09

v1.5.1 now available - a minor release containing latest language strings and skin tweaks. Thanks to contributors for those. changelog has full details.

batman91: It works fine using the current folder and as its the core structure of everything it does, I'd rather not change it. Feel free to edit your own copy of the code, for your own use.

BBB

- Zak1392 - 2008-04-12

Hello everyone.

I have softmodded my Xbox using this method: (http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-13629.html) and have set XBMC as my dashboard.

Can anybody tell me how I can get this upgrader working for me? I'm not sure how XBMC is being launched, so I'm puzzled with how I can properly use this script.

Thanks in advance.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-13

which part of the readme are you struggling with?

- Bram77 - 2008-04-22

I've tried to install the latest build several times on different xboxes, but I'm getting a "download canceled" always.

- kricker - 2008-04-22

I got that as well. I ended up downloading the file and ftping it over and then installing from that. I was assuming there is something wrong with the server the script is trying to download from.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-22

I think the problem is that the download path + archive name is longer than the 42 chars xbox filesystem permits (when using it within xbmc as its ok to ftp the same filename over).

This longer filename in this case caused by the 'repack' on the end of the archive filename.

Obvious solution is for the script to save to a shorter filename, one that still retains the vital date in its name.
eg T3CH_2008-04-20.rar

I'll work on it and include it in next version.
In the meantime, you can still ftp over the T3CH archive and use the script to do the installation as normal.

- batman91 - 2008-04-22

i had the same problem yesterday, so odwnloaded it on the pc, ftp'd it over but even then it didnt want to install from the archive, even when i renamed it to fit the normal filename pattern. in the end i had to do a manual install, which was really tedious. made me realize just how usefull this script is. thanks bbb

- kricker - 2008-04-22

batman91 Wrote:i had the same problem yesterday, so odwnloaded it on the pc, ftp'd it over but even then it didnt want to install from the archive, even when i renamed it to fit the normal filename pattern. in the end i had to do a manual install, which was really tedious. made me realize just how usefull this script is. thanks bbb
hmmm I had mine renamed without the repack and the script installed from it fine.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-22

Batman91:

1) What was your renamed rar filename you ftp'd over?
2) What was the destination path ? (eg E:\apps\)

fix almost complete, will be uploading to SVN after some more testing.

Until v1.5.2 is out; to ftp the build rar over it must have a filename, less than 42 chars, in the format: XBMC-SVN_YYYY-MM-DD*.rar

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-23

Modified code submitted to SVN (not yet released)

Could language translators update string please to have new string ID's: 318, 319, 320 - Thanks

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-25

Seems theres an error in the scripts self updating module 'resources\lib\update.py' which will prevent users of v1.5.1 from being able to update to next version.

Get fixed file and place in 'resources\lib\'
Let me know if the links runs out.
Get it from here http://rapidshare.com/files/110255060/update.py.html

Many apologies for the inconvenience!

- batman91 - 2008-04-25

my .rar after ftp was originally something like

E:\XBMC-SVN_2008-04-20_rev12746-T3CH-REP.rar

then i renamed it to

E:\XBMC-SVN_2008-04-20.rar

and it still didnt want to install properly. Sad

my installtion installs to

E:\T3CH_<build>\XBMC

- hei_q - 2008-04-27

same prob with update to the new xbmc (download cancelled)..
BigBellyBilly Wrote:Seems theres an error in the scripts self updating module 'resources\lib\update.py' which will prevent users of v1.5.1 from being able to update to next version.

Get fixed file and place in 'resources\lib\'
i have done so, but the script doesnt update itself, is there a fixed version?