Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Nuka1195 - 2008-05-04

hidden folders/scripts is in svn.

v1.6 released - BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-04

Decided to call it v1.6 as it incorperated several changes.

Quote:v1.6
Fix: Script update would hang whilst making a backup of itself to scripts\backups subfolder (update.py)
Change: Cope with T3CH build rar filenames being too long for xbox filesystem.
Change: Will prompt if to continue if archive filename entry not found in SFV doc.
Change: Main Menu will exit with Back instead of going into Settings Menu.
Change: Removed Build Version (not the build date) fro Menu title, so it fits better on non widescreen rez.
Change: Deletes some python modules from ram on exit.
Change: Script icon cropped, gives better drop shadow with some skins.
New: Check against two ftp servers instead of just one.

If your on v1.5.x you will need the fixed update.py file, which allows script to self update. http://rapidshare.com/files/110255060/update.py.html

BBB

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-04

Thanks Nuka. I changed the backup folder to have a prefix of '.' just incase it came in.

- Znapper - 2008-05-18

I have script 1.6 but I'm getting a "download canceled" when i´ve trying too download XBMC-SVN_2008-05-04_rev12881-T3CH.rar

So i´ve downloaded it manually.
But what to do now?

If i´ve could download it with the 1.6 script how would i install it?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-19

'Download Cancelled' is intended for when the user presses 'Cancel' button, but its also a an error trap, which could be for loads of reasons.
Turn on debug (via AdvancedSettings.xml - see wiki) and a more informative xbmc.log will be created when you re-run it. send me it if want.

To install manually, ftp the rar over to the expected download folder (as per scripts settings) typically E:\apps
When you run the script it will see the archive and a new menu option 'Install from local: <name>' will appear.
Install as normal.

- Znapper - 2008-05-19

It hurts to say this .... I didn´t have the folder e:\apps
Now that i do everything works fine.

- blittan - 2008-05-19

think i fixed the swedish translation Smile

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-20

thanks for that.

I've changed code to check/create the base download/unrar path exists, which was Znapper's problem.
Also changed to check the SFV for filename with and without .ext entries, as it was
reporting SFV crc mismatch (you can just ignore the warning of course).
Lowered free RAM check to 31 (from 32mb) as that amount seems to work reliably with the unrar.
New skin 'Incidious' added by Smuto, he's tweaked a few skins recently.

I'll tag release svn changes sometime before next T3CH release.

BBB

- Sojurn - 2008-06-20

i used updater to upgrade from sept 07 version to very latest, it downloaded the file, popped up the message saying it was unrarred and that was it. I now have a rar file sitting on my xbox hard drive and nothing has changed in my XBMC installation at all, still the same old version.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-06-20

re-run the script, it will find the rar and be able to do an installation from that. Most probable cause is that xbox ran out of memory, try temporally switching to a low (NTSC 4:3) rez before retrying.

v.1.6.1 is available from XBMCScripts.com and will probably appear in next T3CH build too.

For those interested, the changes were:
v1.6.1 19/05/08
Change: Checks (and creates) settings unrar path exists. (eg. E:\apps)
Change: When checking SFV, if filename entry not found, does 2nd check for filename+ext
Change: Free RAM warning reduced to 31mb from 32mb.
Updated: Polish and Finnish language strings.
New: Incidious skin (for changelogs/readme's etc)

Requesting assistance on Update script - zebraitis - 2008-07-01

All (especially BBB),

First, I have read through about 20 pages of this thread in an attempt to better understand the update script and how it functions. I will admit, I am an XBMC user, not someone who knows the details of script modification, so please forgive me if I have overlooked an earlier stated solution.

I have found this thread helpful, and it seems to get me about half-way to resolultion. That other half, I must ask for your further assistance.

I use a soft-mod & Krazie. I have previosly been dowloading the latest T3CH releases & loading via FTP, overwriting everything (leading to lengthy updates of 700 movies).

My XBMC resides in E:\Dashboard

On my initial run of the script, nothing happened at all. nada. zip.

To be proactive, I increased memory by reducing screen resolution. Still nothing.

In reading this thread, I saw and manually added the "default" subdirectory to e:\dashboard. Now I have E:\Dashboard\default.

This was successful, and allowed the script to run, and it appeared that it ran successfully, all the way through a reboot.

The challenge is that after the reboot, it boots to the same older version that was on the box (in my case 2008-06-01). It did not complete the upgrade process.

If I select the upgrade script, it informs me that I have the older version, and it offers the upgrade option again.

I checked e:\apps, and there was an e:\apps\T3CH_2008-06-30 subdirectory, with the expected files, in an expanded format.

I can proceed with a manual copy of these files to E:\dashboard, and then the upgrade appears to be complete.

The info feed bar on the bottom states that I am now running the 2008-06-30 build... But if I run the upgrade script, it informs me that I still have the 2008-06-01 build still running.

So, I am unsure if it actually ran or not.

My question is this: Am I missing something, or is this working as designed?

Please provide the last tips, suggestions or dope-smacks that will get this to work.

Thanks.

Vincent

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-01

Don't add the 'Dashboard' subfolder to the installation drive of 'E:' add it as a prefix to the booting dash name.

eg dashboard\default

- zebraitis - 2008-07-02

Thanks BBB... Into which file do I make this entry?

- cyo80rg101 - 2008-07-02

Mmm, had virtually the same prob here - downloads, seems to install, builds 6-3o folder, but on mine it flags an exeption wirh userdata.

It then goes on to switch to the new t3ch, but then still says the updates available - obv not swtching.

Cant give any more at the mo as im in the office (ill add err details toniht), but does this ring any bells?

- jeepcook - 2008-07-02

Your configuration is not correct. Which Dashboard do you use ? please give here all parameters configuration you put in the plugin.