Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- blittan - 2008-07-15

thx for implementing it!
consider swedish done Wink

- jeepcook - 2008-07-17

Hello,

Just a question, why the version of t3ch upgrader in t3ch svn is 1.6 and not 1.6.1 ?

We must with each svn upgrade update the script ..

Thanks

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-17

It needs the nice chap who makes the T3CH builds to grab v1.6.1 (from the svn) and include it.
I did notify him a few weeks back, will try again.

- jeepcook - 2008-07-17

BigBellyBilly Wrote:It needs the nice chap who makes the T3CH builds to grab v1.6.1 (from the svn) and include it.
I did notify him a few weeks back, will try again, but I might as well release v1.6.2 now too.

Ok thank you ..

I'll release v1.6.2 once more language files have been updated.

Need these strings translating:

Install
Download Only or Download and Install ?

into:
French (its strings are particularly out of date)

I've used some online translations, for the above:
Installez
Le téléchargement seulement ou le téléchargement et installent

- jeepcook - 2008-07-17

BigBellyBilly Wrote:I'll release v1.6.2 once more language files have been updated.

Need these strings translating:

Install

into:
French (its strings are particularly out of date)
Polish

in french,
Translation of

Telecharger seulement ou Telecharger et Installer ?

that was quick, thanks.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-29

In the light of the recent changes to keymap.xml I've changed script's UserData copy function.

As I understand it:
New system\keymap.xml is NOT intended to be user edited/changed.
All additions/overriding are to be put in your own UserData\keymap.xml

From a script point of view, it simplifies things, as your own UserData\keymap.xml will always be copied along with the whole of your UserData. No longer needing to do comparisons/backups etc

You may find after first upgrade that things are awry because you still have a full keymap.xml in UserData (copied from old and effectively overridding the new system keymap).

If you have no intended custom keymappings, delete <new_build>\UserData\keymap.xml and let XBMC rely on <new_build>\system\keymap.xml

Code submitted to svn, will release in a few days in I don't get any problems reported.

cheers
BBB

- xrionx - 2008-08-13

So I was having the issue with getting the error "Extraction Path does not exist! Retry."

Here is what I found. I never had any memory issues so I thought I'd try using a couple different variations to where it installs. I had it setup to go to F:\apps\XBMC\ and would get that error. Then I changed it to F:\apps\ and the same thing. Finally I tried moving it to E:\apps\ and it worked!

Don't know if I am the last to know this, but if not, hope it helps!

v1.7 released - BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-14

released v1.7 addresses the copy path issues against recent xbmc builds.

Changelog since 1.6.1:

Quote:Fix: Copy Path problem.
Updated: Better checking of existing subfolders and files.
Changed: Language subfolder names (Capitalised)
Changed: Renamed textbox xml file and associated logo to use more generic filenames.
Changed: Accomodates new location of keymap.xml to system.
Updated: Language strings.
New: Vision2 skin added (thanks smuto)
New: Menu option "Download: <build_name>" now also prompts for 'Download Only' or 'Download and Install'.

Available now. Let me know of any problems, either here or to my gmail (see readme)

BBB

Download v1.7 via Internet? - seasack - 2008-08-15

Hi!

Any chance to download v1.7 via the Internet? I tried downloading it via v1.6 and now the script has gone from my XBMC!

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-15

Don't know whats gone on there, it will appear in next build and xbmcscripts.com soon , in meantime you can get it from RapidShare

BBB

- blittan - 2008-08-15

added to xbmcscripts.com

- seasack - 2008-08-15

Thanks a million!

- Concept211 - 2008-08-19

I just recently upgraded to v1.7 and downloaded the latest 8-19-2008 XBMC build, but when it tries to copy my UserData after the install, I get the following error:

Failed to copytree

It appears that it's looking for my UserData from drive T:\ for some odd reason?? I don't even have a drive T and I didnt see any way to change this in the T3CH Upgrader settings.

The Upgrader used to work perfectly before and I havent changed anything in my settings or anything else...what happened? What should I do to fix it?